Shots Trust Launch "Boost the Budget"

RC
Site Admin

Shots Trust Launch "Boost the Budget"

Postby RC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 pm

The Trust and the Club are delighted to announce our formal launch for "Boost The Budget". Read more here:

http://www.theshotstrust.co.uk/shots-tr ... he-budget/
Tongham Shots

Re: Shots Trust Launch "Boost the Budget"

Postby Tongham Shots » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:19 pm

RC wrote:The Trust and the Club are delighted to announce our formal launch for "Boost The Budget". Read more here:

http://www.theshotstrust.co.uk/shots-tr ... he-budget/

Excellent idea - I'm in. Hopefully plenty of others will join in to boost Gary's Red and Blue revolution. 8)
ians

Postby ians » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Can someone please explain to me how boosting the budget (plainly a good idea) also provides the ability for the shots trust to buy more shares in the club?
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:16 am

presumably payments go to the Trust who hand over the cash (supporters club anyone?) and get a shed load of worthless shares for the admin role

Or maybe not
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:15 am

The BoD must be p*ssing themselves
Red-n-Blue

Postby Red-n-Blue » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:25 am

Whilst I'm sure this is well-intentioned, I don't think it's been particularly well thought-through.

As I understand it, basically the club want 250 fans to simply hand-over £120 a year in return for....well, nothing. I think even the most die-hard fans are going to find this a bit of a cheek.

What is being promoted is basically charity - and as much as I love The Shots, if I'm going to make a monthly charitable donation then I'd rather give it to a more worthy cause than a football club.

Why could they not have offered something in return? Maybe a monthly raffle for all the contributors, where somebody wins a seat in the directors box for a home game of their choice. Or free programs for the season, or a chance to sit-in on a pre-match team talk - things that wouldn't cost the club much, if anything.

I would be inclined to sign-up for something like that.
Ian M

Postby Ian M » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 pm

....... too much thinking going on here...

Club needs cash - here is a way of anyone who feels able, to contribute in a structured way.

Could they offer some incentive as recognition? Possibly - would have been more creative! Like the ideas above - little or no marginal cost, decent impact.

That said, I went to St Mary's last night to see Southampton. It was an eye opener. Every individual component of what was going on there was light years ahead of us. It wasn't just based on money and infrastructure either, it was more fundamental than that.
Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Ian M wrote:I went to St Mary's last night to see Southampton. Every individual component of what was going on there was light years ahead of us. It wasn't just based on money and infrastructure either, it was more fundamental than that.

Of course, it's going to be :!:

Would you really expect different :?:
Quebec

Postby Quebec » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:43 pm

I am in Quebec and the mandate form needs more information of the Club's bank details to enable me to make an international transfer.

I have spoken to Robin, at the Trust, and donations can be made using PayPal, a much quicker method.
Last edited by Quebec on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ian M

Postby Ian M » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:02 pm

..I wasn't confusing "scale" with "principles"" Alex :-)
Redshot66

Postby Redshot66 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Good idea,if you want to contribute some money towards the budget you can,if you don't then don't.
Banbury Shot

Postby Banbury Shot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:09 pm

ians wrote:Can someone please explain to me how boosting the budget (plainly a good idea) also provides the ability for the shots trust to buy more shares in the club?

Can we not just buy shares? I did before and lost them all but would happily buy again.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:31 pm

How can Ian M compare the saints to us, different world
in the premier league.
crayfantoo

Postby crayfantoo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Seems a good, simple way for fans to contribute if they want to. What do we get in return - hopefully a slightly better side. GW's record on signing decent players seems quite reasonable to me.
Anyway, I'm in for a tenner
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:24 pm

I can see the football club developing into a religion similar in concept to the Mormons or Jehovah's witnesses. To be a follower/supporter you would have to donate 10% of your income each year.
The East Bank becomes a gospel choir, the match day programme a hymn book of psalms and our match day pints replaced with rice paper & non alcoholic wine.
We'll all read the weekly sermons from the Club Captain and Chairman at half time.
Followers from all over the world will travel to the Holy Home of 4th division football and finally
Disciples and converts vcover the world , carrying the missionary message about the red & the blue.
Has football become a religion already for some ? If it has, then the idea of boosting the budget is really more like asking a congregation to leave something in the box as they leave the Church.
Goodness knows we could do with a new Church roof ! :lol:

Return to “ShotsTalk”