Macclesfield v Dirty Northerners

Chalkie

Re: Macclesfield v Dirty Northerners

Postby Chalkie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:26 pm

MANNIMIST wrote:Perhaps Statto could enlighten us as to Barrow's red/yellow card record so far, out of interest??

League games only:
Yellows, 66
Reds, 4
All four Reds were for second yellows and were in away games to Boreham Wood, Shots x2 and Macclesfield
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:I've been into football for a long time now and now and again I suddenly have this dislike for a particular team, welcome to my disturbed world Barrow!

Yes, they gained a whole new set of dislikers on Saturday.
Bullying there way to the football league. Let's hope not, but reckon they might just do it. :cry:
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:I've been into football for a long time now and now and again I suddenly have this dislike for a particular team, welcome to my disturbed world Barrow!

Bullying there way to the football league. Let's hope not, but reckon they might just do it. :cry:

No chance just a straight dogfight now between Dover and the mighty SHOTS.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:18 pm

And the Barrow fans are saying this on their message board :-

It's interesting looking at the Macc fans view of the game and then switching to Aldershot fans comments on the game last night. (Quite sad in a way). A lot of Macc fans were quite realistic about the game and did actually give Barrow some credit - I've not normally said that about Macc fans in the past. Many realised they did not take their chances and suffered because of it. Every team suffers this at whatever level.

However, the Aldershot fans seem to be quite pathetic. They forget they threw away a two goal lead and let a nine man team equalise (however good the goal was). They seem to conveniently forget their managers after match comments where he was irritated by his teams lack of game management towards the end of the game. Think Aldershot fans need to have a long look at their team rather than focusing on the way we play.

We are what we are. I bet we are not the only team that Aldershot have faced playing out style of football.
Villa

Postby Villa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:20 pm

steveclivebaker wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

How do you work that out?

Barrow are 2 points ahead of us and have a game in hand......ah yes you're on planet excited 13 year old
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Villa wrote:
steveclivebaker wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

Barrow are 2 points ahead of us and have a game in hand......ah yes you're on planet excited 13 year old

I take it you were 1 of the fans in Dec saying we would struggle to finish
in the top 10. Lets see who is right in May. Trust in GW. COYS.
black22

Postby black22 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

League games only:
Yellows, 66
Reds, 4
All four Reds were for second yellows and were in away games to Boreham Wood, Shots x2 and Macclesfield[/quote]

Although Beeley had been booked, it was a straight red and not a second yellow for his sending off v Shots and therefore a 3 game ban.
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:54 pm

They appealed it so that confirms it was a straight red - you can't appeal yellows unless it's mistaken identity
black22

Postby black22 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:They appealed it so that confirms it was a straight red - you can't appeal yellows unless it's mistaken identity

Ridiculous appealing that, should have been increased to 4 games as a frivolous appeal.
Villa

Postby Villa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 pm

steveclivebaker wrote:
Villa wrote:
steveclivebaker wrote:

Nope, I don't do predictions as they're normally wrong and a prediction in football is guesswork but to say Barrow are out of and we're not is wrong.
You might be right come April but it's not based on anything logical just pure Red & Blue tinted specs.
We've certainly got a lot of work to do before we can even think about the Play-Offs
Chalkie

Postby Chalkie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 pm

black22 wrote:Although Beeley had been booked, it was a straight red and not a second yellow for his sending off v Shots and therefore a 3 game ban.

Holds his hands up. Schoolboy error.
I trusted the BBC to report accurately.
The visitors lost their discipline late on, as both Shaun Beeley and Nick Anderton were sent off for double bookings.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Villa wrote:
steveclivebaker wrote:
Villa wrote:

Nope, I don't do predictions as they're normally wrong and a prediction in football is guesswork but to say Barrow are out of and we're not is wrong.
You might be right come April but it's not based on anything logical just pure Red & Blue tinted specs.
We've certainly got a lot of work to do before we can even think about the Play-Offs

I agree with you Villa ive certainly got Red and Blue tinted specs cant help it I'm afraid.

Return to “ShotsTalk”