Video of 1978

In Sight of Victory Shot

Re: Video of 1978

Postby In Sight of Victory Shot » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks guys...I shot this 'video' with a Silent 8 cine-camera...thru' a tiny viewfinder. The 50' reel lasted only 3' 30" so was lucky in my anticipation to catch all 3 goals.

I'm a life-long supporter and will be at the Sutton game...alas without a camera...tho Kappadeano's alternative videos captures the spirit and atmosphere of the game.

Last year I added a new supporter - June, my girlfriend. She often comes with me, and has bought herself a Shots shirt, which she wears to the games..and often sports an Aldershot FC badge to social occasions.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:34 pm

In Sight of Victory Shot wrote:Thanks guys...I shot this 'video' with a Silent 8 cine-camera...thru' a tiny viewfinder. The 50' reel lasted only 3' 30" so was lucky in my anticipation to catch all 3 goals.

I'm a life-long supporter and will be at the Sutton game...alas without a camera...tho Kappadeano's alternative videos captures the spirit and atmosphere of the game.

Last year I added a new supporter - June, my girlfriend. She often comes with me, and has bought herself a Shots shirt, which she wears to the games..and often sports an Aldershot FC badge to social occasions.

Nice one in sight.
Nice that your girlfriend is a Shots fan too.
Ian M

Postby Ian M » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:42 pm

I was at the Southend game...I remember the novelty of the cameras being there.... blimey, looks like the Stone Age!
team from clanmell

Postby team from clanmell » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Good days.....was that Andy Needham scoring? Remembet no fence....the fun whenever Gillingham came.......happy days.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Morrissey's Scorcher wrote:
shots1965 wrote:I was at the Southend game

Good stuff

Me too and a very rare match televised by Southern TV, love to have got a copy of this but long before most of us had home VCR's alas. The Southern library was sold to another company in the early 1990's I believe and a lot of material was just junked including this match :(

I remember this game being on the telly. The in-laws were at my house for Sunday lunch and I noticed that the game was on. Unfortunately, our TV aerial was 'facing London' and the game was being broadcast from somewhere on the south coast (Portsmouth/Soton?). I tried to access it (no, I didn't go up onto the roof to rotate the aerial) but to no avail. All a bit frustrating as I think that it was the first time that we'd been on the telly (or was that the Brentford v Shots game with Howarth as captain?).
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Birdman wrote:
Morrissey's Scorcher wrote:
shots1965 wrote:I was at the Southend game

Good stuff

Me too and a very rare match televised by Southern TV, love to have got a copy of this but long before most of us had home VCR's alas. The Southern library was sold to another company in the early 1990's I believe and a lot of material was just junked including this match :(

I remember this game being on the telly. The in-laws were at my house for Sunday lunch and I noticed that the game was on. Unfortunately, our TV aerial was 'facing London' and the game was being broadcast from somewhere on the south coast (Portsmouth/Soton?). I tried to access it (no, I didn't go up onto the roof to rotate the aerial) but to no avail. All a bit frustrating as I think that it was the first time that we'd been on the telly (or was that the Brentford v Shots game with Howarth as captain?).

Was the Sunday lunch enjoyable birdy?
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Nah

Sunday just meant gravy on his seed
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:Nah

Can't get much more sophisticated than that. Mmm.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Birdman wrote:

I like broccoli birdy, what's your favourite?
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Birdman wrote:

I like broccoli birdy, what's your favourite?

Groundsel.

Return to “ShotsTalk”