Match Day Thread vs SUTTON

Anon E Mouse

Re: Match Day Thread vs SUTTON

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 am

ACA wrote:Not entirely sure why there was so much of an anti-ref vibe around the ground. The moment he awarded the first free-kick against Aldershot there people around me shouting that he was a joke, he didn't know what he was doing etc and it just carried on from there. The first half we conceded plenty of needless fouls around our own penalty box (not sure the ref can be blamed for that) and he warned Benny about his dissent (I think he thought he'd been fouled on the edge of the box, but it looked like the Sutton defender won the ball pretty cleanly). So having been warned about his dissent, I fail to see why Benny can then have any complaints that he got booked for sarcastically applauding the ref. He also ruled out a well-taken Sutton goal for a foul on one of our defenders.

Personally, I thought the ref had a perfectly average game. Not the best official I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst... and certainly not "biased" or "crooked". I know that football fans will naturally think the referee is against their team every time he gives a decision against them, but there's no need to get hysterical.

Think you are on your own on this one ACA.
You have always liked the alternative view, and of course are entitled to your opinion, but look around and you seem to be the only person to see it as you did.
He was truely awful. Maybe not the worst, but not good enough.
Josh

Postby Josh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:58 pm

I agree with ACA and the only way he is in the minority is that he gives reasoned views and doesn't get carried away. I've read enough drivel on this board to suggest that just because a majority say something, doesn't necessarily mean it is right.

In fact Mr Mouse, you said he was "crooked". Can you explain what evidence you have for this accusation?Why would he allow disallow a goal for Sutton if that was the case? I'm surprised your libellous comments have been allowed to stay on the board. Unless, of course, you have evidence.
stevieshot

Postby stevieshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Anyway ! Totally missed this game, very fortunately it would seem.
Went to see West Ham v Leicester at a the London Stadium.
Was mean't to see West Ham v Shots a few years back with a Hammers mate.
But the match was postponed, because of the riots, and we couldn't make the rearranged game.
Back to my question, How did the match commentary go with Bully & Rob.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Josh wrote:I agree with ACA and the only way he is in the minority is that he gives reasoned views and doesn't get carried away. I've read enough drivel on this board to suggest that just because a majority say something, doesn't necessarily mean it is right.

In fact Mr Mouse, you said he was "crooked". Can you explain what evidence you have for this accusation?Why would he allow disallow a goal for Sutton if that was the case? I'm surprised your libellous comments have been allowed to stay on the board. Unless, of course, you have evidence.

Libellous on this board ...lol..
We are having terrace style footy banter, not writing to the papers or officially complaining to the league (although I was close with Gavin Ward).
He was giving them decisions all afternoon, and not giving us them for exactly the same thing or worse.
You decide what that means buddy.

Return to “ShotsTalk”