50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Terry Owens
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:10 pm

50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Terry Owens » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:36 pm

First prize is for £110-00 . . . = 22241

Second prize is for £70-00 . . . = 27219

Third prize is for £50-00 . . . = 23456

Fourth prize is for £30-00 . . . = 23003

Well done to all the winners and remember you have to be in it to win it.

Thank you to those supporters who sell the 50-50 tickets it is much appreciated.
Chris Myles
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Chris Myles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 am

Terry not sure what influence you have at the club now, but a number of us purchased our last 50-50 tickets yesterday until the draw takes place on the pitch at half-time. Where monies are concerned it should be seen to be all above board. No one is suggesting that anything underhand is taking place but, we went through this saga last year.
Birdman
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Birdman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Chris Myles wrote:Terry not sure what influence you have at the club now, but a number of us purchased our last 50-50 tickets yesterday until the draw takes place on the pitch at half-time. Where monies are concerned it should be seen to be all above board. No one is suggesting that anything underhand is taking place but, we went through this saga last year.


I'm of the view that you need to direct your question to the club rather than to Mr O.
dalinz
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby dalinz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Chris Myles wrote:Terry not sure what influence you have at the club now, but a number of us purchased our last 50-50 tickets yesterday until the draw takes place on the pitch at half-time. Where monies are concerned it should be seen to be all above board. No one is suggesting that anything underhand is taking place but, we went through this saga last year.

What are you actually suggesting here? Your writing and grammar doesn't make sense.
ganesh
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: aldershot

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby ganesh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:27 pm

all makes perfect sense to me - the draw should be made in public - preferably by a guest such as matchday sponser, ex player, birthday supporter or mascot.

no one is saying there is anything underhand going on - it's just right to do these sort of things in the open.

by the way last night the tickets were sold out very early so that doesn't help!

also bring back the half time cross bar challange, or the kiddies match, or even a nice brass band like the good old days.
Chris Myles
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Chris Myles » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 pm

ganesh wrote:all makes perfect sense to me - the draw should be made in public - preferably by a guest such as matchday sponser, ex player, birthday supporter or mascot.

no one is saying there is anything underhand going on - it's just right to do these sort of things in the open.

by the way last night the tickets were sold out very early so that doesn't help!

also bring back the half time cross bar challange, or the kiddies match, or even a nice brass band like the good old days.


Well said ganesh. If any of the BOD or Trust Committee members read this board PLEASE TAKE NOTE
jonty
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby jonty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Chris Myles wrote:
ganesh wrote:all makes perfect sense to me - the draw should be made in public - preferably by a guest such as matchday sponser, ex player, birthday supporter or mascot.

no one is saying there is anything underhand going on - it's just right to do these sort of things in the open.

by the way last night the tickets were sold out very early so that doesn't help!

also bring back the half time cross bar challange, or the kiddies match, or even a nice brass band like the good old days.


Well said ganesh. If any of the BOD or Trust Committee members read this board PLEASE TAKE NOTE

Surely it's the trust that took the decision to abandon the pitch side draw not the B.O.D
Birdman
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Birdman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 pm

jonty wrote:
Chris Myles wrote:
ganesh wrote:all makes perfect sense to me - the draw should be made in public - preferably by a guest such as matchday sponser, ex player, birthday supporter or mascot.

no one is saying there is anything underhand going on - it's just right to do these sort of things in the open.

by the way last night the tickets were sold out very early so that doesn't help!

also bring back the half time cross bar challange, or the kiddies match, or even a nice brass band like the good old days.


Well said ganesh. If any of the BOD or Trust Committee members read this board PLEASE TAKE NOTE

Surely it's the trust that took the decision to abandon the pitch side draw not the B.O.D


Not The Trust according to Terry on here a few weeks ago when he was 'asked' not to do the draw. The decision to stop/suspend the 50/50 draw in public at half-time makes no sense to me.
Shots Supporters Trust
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 am

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Shots Supporters Trust » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

"The Supporters Trust are aware of the feedback on both ShotsWeb and in the ground around the current 50:50 draw arrangements. The Trust Board met last night and felt it was important to clarify the situation.

The 50:50 draw remains a club organised initiative. The Trust involvement is to organise a suitable number of sellers for each matchday. Since some initial problems in August we have been able to find the right number of volunteers for this - and we thank them for their hard work and support.

On Tuesday night it was unfortunate that the sellers ran out of tickets - the club have ordered a new batch immediately.

As regards the draw location and visibility the main issue here is that use of the drum on the pitch requires a high level of effort during the first half to detach and fold all tickets. We currently have no volunteers willing to sit inside and miss the wonderful football that we are seeing this year !

Please be assured that the draw is still completely randomised - and the integrity is monitored at all times, but we wanted to give you some understanding of the reason for the change. The Trust would also comment that the change is inline with the majority of similar draws completed at other clubs.

The Club and Trust constantly review the way we promote and provide the 50:50, Golden Goal and Scratchcards to ensure they are attractive to as many fans as possible. Any further queries around the 50:50 should be directly to the club.
Chris Myles
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Chris Myles » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Shots Supporters Trust wrote:"The Supporters Trust are aware of the feedback on both ShotsWeb and in the ground around the current 50:50 draw arrangements. The Trust Board met last night and felt it was important to clarify the situation.

The 50:50 draw remains a club organised initiative. The Trust involvement is to organise a suitable number of sellers for each matchday. Since some initial problems in August we have been able to find the right number of volunteers for this - and we thank them for their hard work and support.

On Tuesday night it was unfortunate that the sellers ran out of tickets - the club have ordered a new batch immediately.

As regards the draw location and visibility the main issue here is that use of the drum on the pitch requires a high level of effort during the first half to detach and fold all tickets. We currently have no volunteers willing to sit inside and miss the wonderful football that we are seeing this year !

Please be assured that the draw is still completely randomised - and the integrity is monitored at all times, but we wanted to give you some understanding of the reason for the change. The Trust would also comment that the change is inline with the majority of similar draws completed at other clubs.
The Club and Trust constantly review the way we promote and provide the 50:50, Golden Goal and Scratchcards to ensure they are attractive to as many fans as possible. Any further queries around the 50:50 should be directly to the club.



Thank you for your reply explaining why the draw does not take place on the pitch at half-time, and yes well done to the volunteers who sell the tickets.

What other clubs do is irrelevant, what the club that I have been supporting for 69 years does is relevant. The 50-50 draw since its introduction has always been on the pitch at half-time with the exception of a few weeks last season when a number of supporters complained and it was re-instated.

If the tickets are not being folded and the drum is not being used can you please explain how the numbers are drawn.

The Trust has a representative on the B.O.D who I assume is there to represent the views of the supporters, all the supporters that I speak to about the 50-50 draw want to see it take place on the pitch at half-time. Could I please ask the Trust to have a re-think on this matter, otherwise ticket sales will decline.
ACA
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 am

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby ACA » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:57 pm

What I took from the Trust's post is that no one is able/prepared to volunteer to sort the tickets out for the drum during the first half, therefore they aren't able to use the drum and the draw does not take place on the pitch. The Trust can't force people to volunteer for that task, so I'm not sure what more they can do...
Nobby
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Nobby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:47 pm

ACA wrote:The Trust can't force people to volunteer for that task


Why not? I'm OUTRAGED at this lack of ability! :lol:
ganesh
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:26 pm
Location: aldershot

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby ganesh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

so if the tickets are not being folded and the drum not used - how are the tickets being drawn?

and why can't this be done on the pitch?
James Frazer
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Alexandra Park

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby James Frazer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I have a plan - get the subs and other squad players to fold the tickets in the dugout. It'l keep them out of mischief and will also be visible to teh crowd so we can be sure that there's nothing underhand going on. The drum will be in the dugout so no hold-ups while it is wheeled out at half-time. 8)
Nobby
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Re: 50-50 Draw v Sutton Utd

Postby Nobby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:26 pm

ganesh wrote:so if the tickets are not being folded and the drum not used - how are the tickets being drawn?

and why can't this be done on the pitch?

ip dip Woking :lol:

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jonty, Shot through (& throu, shots1965 and 21 guests