Last 8 games

Postby steveclivebaker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 pm

We should beat Torquay,Solihull,Braintree and North Ferriby
so very important game v Dagenham Tuesday 3 pts and all
looks rosy in the Shots garden.
slaphead

Re: Last 8 games

Postby slaphead » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Chucking 4 points away against Lincoln and Barrow will cost us, can't see more than one point from Daggers, Macc and Tranmere, reckon we will fall three short in 7th.
Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 pm

slaphead wrote:can't see more than one point from Daggers, Macc and Tranmere

Why :?:

None of them impressed me massively or stood out as anything special in the reverse fixtures and if we can play to our maximum then I think we'll do well.
slaphead

Postby slaphead » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Daggers are a decent side decimated by injuries but Still knows how to play at this time of the season. Tranmere were awful under Brabin but now have someone else who's won this league in charge and their current league position doesn't lie. And we never win at Macc.
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 pm

I see about 15 points from those games. Will probably not be quite enough unless Dover and the Heed make a hash of it. But you never know, if GW can light a fire under the squad (and Rendell in particular) then it could yet happen.
Alan B

Postby Alan B » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm

slaphead wrote:Daggers are a decent side decimated by injuries but Still knows how to play at this time of the season. Tranmere were awful under Brabin but now have someone else who's won this league in charge and their current league position doesn't lie. And we never win at Macc.

Well we did win there last season (remember Damon Lathrope's 'screamer'?) but I take your point - they are one of our bogey teams...
Villa

Last 8 games

Postby Villa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:14 am

steveclivebaker wrote:We should beat Torquay,Solihull,Braintree and North Ferriby
so very important game v Dagenham Tuesday 3 pts and all
looks rosy in the Shots garden.

The same as we should have beaten Guiseley? Nothing is a given and we shouldn't be taking any of these games lightly
Fuggletim

Postby Fuggletim » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:28 am

I don't think that anyone in the playoff chase are taking anything for granted, us included.
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 am

Looking at past seasons I recon we need 80 points. So 18 from our last 8 games. We have some really tough fixtures so I’t a big ask and I don’t think we are scoring enough goals to do it! We have needed an in form striker all season and it doesn’t look like thats going to happen now. BUT this is Aldershot and we have GW and a decent squad so you never know. A win tuesday and I might change my tune :-) COYS.....
86/87 Glory Year

Postby 86/87 Glory Year » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am

Massive game Tuesday. A win will see Dagenham drawn back in to the chasing pack. Then Gateshead could overtake them with a win against Guiseley. All ifs and buts. Really want to see a performance. The recent home games against York, Lincoln and Barrow have been draws where we have failed to take the 3 points. Dagenham are just one those sides that could do a Forest Green on us with there squad and experienced manager. Desperately need the 3 points but a draw most likely. Hope we can nick it. Best 45 minutes this season was the first half v Barrow. Hope we start like that.
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 am

slaphead wrote:Daggers are a decent side decimated by injuries but Still knows how to play at this time of the season. Tranmere were awful under Brabin but now have someone else who's won this league in charge and their current league position doesn't lie. And we never win at Macc.

True. Nor at Wrexham. Oh, hang on ........... :lol:

As for Daggers, we are also a pretty decent team - and I reckon The Wadfather has a fair idea of how to play at this time of the season too.

We are good enough to give as good as we get against the top teams - a bigger concern for me is that some people seem to think we have only to turn up against the likes of Torquay and Ferriby to get the points. Like Guisesley. :roll:

Easter weekend looks massive - if we come out of that still in the mix with two games to go it will have been a terrific season.
Mick Earls Fan Club

Postby Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:39 am

No game for Dover Tuesday. Their scheduled opponents yesterday were in the FAT so they pulled the Tuesday 21st home game v Bromley back
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 am

Won there twice out of 7 but a pathetic 1/8 at home
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Dagenham are 19th in the form table over the last 6 matches and 10th over the last eight, hardly setting the world on fire.

Return to “ShotsTalk”