Dr JR's Sutton Surgery Ratings

Dr Jim Royle

Dr JR's Sutton Surgery Ratings

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 am

Pretty much agree with lots of match day comments, what a strange game. We got things totally wrong yet came away with a clean sheet and three points, quite sure how I have no scoobie doo. Obviously the hype of an ageing Sutton defence played on our Managers mind, so let’s go 4-1-4-1 and muller them with pace on the attack. Only trouble being we only mounted one worthwhile attack in the first half, the rest was a stroll in the park for Sutton both at the back and attacking. They played to their own strengths and our weakness where as we worried far too much about them to play our normal game. For us defending set pieces we look like Bambi On Ice and when trying to string a set of passes together we halted at two, so poor was our distribution. There was improvement 2nd half albeit not much, yet to be honest now, if we can win our remaining games in same fashion, HAPPY DAYS !!!

4-1-4-1

COLE 8 – MOTM, three vital stops in 1st half and no doubting Jake won us the points today.

BUCKLEY 5 – Terrible passing and looked uncomfortable most of the time he played.

REYNOLDS 6 – Not given easy ride in defence but stayed focussed.

EVANS 7 – Apart from his slip that earned him a booking, was our best defender.

ALEXANDER 6 – Che looks a bit off form at moment, OK going forward but again looking bit shaky defending.

ARNOLD 6 – Far better at full back, totally lost playing central in front of back four in 1st half.

MENSAH 6 – Hardly in the game until last 40 minutes, then started to make an impact including goal.

GALLAGHER 5 – Jake was well off his normal game today, not helped by a none working midfield selection today.

BENYU 6 – Another who struggled but tried hard to ignite us attacking wise.

KANU 6 – At times took a battering, also had two players on him almost straight away when getting the ball. But proved his worth creating 1st goal and keeping Sutton defence busier in 2nd half.

FENLON 5 – Totally isolated up front 1st half but did help create the melee for 1st goal. Certainly not his best game this season.

SUBS – Scotty deserved a 6 and at last gave Dads Army something to think about at the back, other lads not on long enough to mark.

THE REF – Got a lot right ………….. same amount wrong. Totally inconsistent and played a part in ruining the game by doing so, if your going to book someone for dissent by mock applaud, then at least do same to someone verbally berating your decision against him via clear foul. It is no wonder both players & fans get frustrated when Ref’s are like this . So his mark is a dismal 4/10.

SUMMARY
Yet another bad tempered affair between us and Sutton, I cannot argue they probably deserved more from the game but they ruin it by deliberately trying to goad players and officials throughout the game. Not a side I think are pleasant on the eye. Was impressed by Deacon.

As for us …………… THE WRIGGLE ROOM starts to close. This season has been one I’ve most enjoyed for many a season, I can even forgive yesterday because we learnt 1st half and improved 2nd half. But games are running out, realistically only one place to play for in Play Off spots and at least five teams involved in that battle. So close is the call there is now no doubt we must win all remaining home games and probably same goes for the aways as it seems no one really in poor form at top. I never thought we’d be in such a good place this season and until The Fat Lady sings thoroughly enjoying the ride. I’ve not helped things by not realising my pack of three “lucky socks” were one lot homes, next lot aways and gathering dust cup socks till next season. My “homies” were on yesterday and will be again Tuesday ……… I really should have read the makers instructions, sorry Gang.
Jimmy Riddle

Re: Dr JR's Sutton Surgery Ratings

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 am

Yes thought Buckley was a little lost and feel really sorry for Straker who is our best left back.

They clattered Benyu 3 times in the first 10 minutes which now seems to be a constant theme.

The ref was awful. Inconsistent, booking Benyu as above, having a strong word with Gallagher when he committed his first foul which was more of a collision, allowing Collins to be in his ear all afternoon, calling Retnolds over as captain when having a word with one of our players in the first half, allowing Collins to continually pull back players discretely etc etc. Fortunately no Reds were issued.

Sutton are not a nice team and that comes from Mr Sunbed Doswell their manager.

For a tinpot team they brought my than I thought and tried to make some noise.

Not sure Dagenhams fans ever travel to us, so anything above 1800 Tuesday would be good.

Great write up Doctor- would you be interested in upgrading the lucky socks to Pringles for 2017/18?
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 am

Why do some continue to say probably only 1 play off place up for grabs :?:

Lincoln, FGR and Tranmere are likely to be the top 3 but not necessarily in that order. However, I think both 4th and 5th are still wide open. Daggers are already being pegged back and they have an extremely difficult end to the season :!:
billyboy

Postby billyboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am

Agree about Arnold but didn't think he was much better at left back in the second half. I much prefer Straker. I thought Evans had a poor game. On one occasion waving his hand in the air and letting the Sutton man run clean through on goal forcing a good save from Cole.
Andyenn

Postby Andyenn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am

Arm waving is a pet hate of mine and on that occasion should have resulted in a goal.

Rule #1 of football: play to the whistle.
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am

Andyenn wrote:Arm waving is a pet hate of mine and on that occasion should have resulted in a goal.

Same here

Becoming so annoying and frustrating watching Evans do this time and time again :!:
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:57 am

Alex wrote:Why do some continue to say probably only 1 play off place up for grabs :?:

Lincoln, FGR and Tranmere are likely to be the top 3 but not necessarily in that order. However, I think both 4th and 5th are still wide open. Daggers are already being pegged back and they have an extremely difficult end to the season :!:

agree, tuesday is massive! A win for the Shots and 4th is up for grabs!
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Desertshot wrote:
Alex wrote:Why do some continue to say probably only 1 play off place up for grabs :?:

agree, tuesday is massive! A win for the Shots and 4th is up for grabs!

Win on Tuesday puts us 2 points behind Dagenham, and with their form being inconsistent I agree that they are very catchable. A win for us puts 2 playoff spots up for grabs.
Quebec

Postby Quebec » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Alex wrote:
Andyenn wrote:Arm waving is a pet hate of mine and on that occasion should have resulted in a goal.

Same here

Becoming so annoying and frustrating watching Evans do this time and time again :!:[/quote

Why does the Manager not stop him ???????????????
Alf W

Postby Alf W » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, can't understand how Straker doesn't start. He's alot better than both Buckley and Arnold and gives us that free flowing attacking movement . I worry that Benyu is being targeted continually by the hatchet men. We saw it big time home to Barrow and since. The referees are so weak at this level and just allow it to continue.Maybe we got out of jail yesterday but Tuesday will be massive. Guess we will be up against Gutteridge and company , just need to play like we did in the first halves versus Eastleigh away , Barrow at home and by all accounts Wrexham away .....Cmon the Shots !!!
hepcat

Postby hepcat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank God you got your socks sorted.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:53 am

Great write up Doctor- would you be interested in upgrading the lucky socks to Pringles for 2017/18?

Funny you should mention this but I have been approached by Nike, Addidas, Puma & Lidl to model their next season offerings, however until such time the Club announce next years kits and away colours, no deal can be finalised.

Arsene Wenger has also bid for my current "lucky ones", offering me up to £100k tax free.

8)
Amber SUFC

Postby Amber SUFC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:Yes thought Buckley was a little lost and feel really sorry for Straker who is our best left back.

They clattered Benyu 3 times in the first 10 minutes which now seems to be a constant theme.

The ref was awful. Inconsistent, booking Benyu as above, having a strong word with Gallagher when he committed his first foul which was more of a collision, allowing Collins to be in his ear all afternoon, calling Retnolds over as captain when having a word with one of our players in the first half, allowing Collins to continually pull back players discretely etc etc. Fortunately no Reds were issued.

Not sure Dagenhams fans ever travel to us, so anything above 1800 Tuesday would be good.

Can you define tinpot?
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Amber SUFC wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Yes thought Buckley was a little lost and feel really sorry for Straker who is our best left back.

Can you define tinpot?

Yes it's a bit harsh calling you tinpot, for me Sutton are a typical 5th tier club alongside Woking, Maidstone, Macclesfield, barrow etc, for me a tinpot club in our division would be Braintree, wood,ferriby, guiseley and Solihull
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Amber SUFC wrote:

Can you define tinpot?

Not sure your tinpot but its becoming annoying teams trying to kick our young starlets. Good luck in your relegation battle.

Return to “ShotsTalk”