matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Tongham Shots
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Tongham Shots » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Reg's corner wrote:This has to be one of the worst seasons for refs..??


When you see how poor they are in the Prem and Championship (Keith Stroud LOL :lol: ) is it really a surprise to see how poor they have been in our league , this season.
BTW did anyone else think that today,s ref was the double of ex Irish jockey (now trainer) Joseph O'Brien. :lol:
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Anon E Mouse » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 pm

An unexpected point no doubt.
Well done to Gary and the players, it really has been a fine season.
Win on Monday and who know's. It's going to be very tight.
Beware North Ferriby though, they are picking up a few results. Won't expect Barrow will have anything to play for by the time they play Dover so we need the 3 points on Monday and hope Dover lose their game in hand.

A team and support to be proud of, and if we do make it, it will surely be another Tranmere double header. Nothing to be afraid of.
aldershot-jg
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby aldershot-jg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Looking at Tranmere's forum, a few messages on there saying we've been the best team that they have faced this season highlighting Benyu, Mensah and McClure.

http://m.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/ ... 989,page=2
Birdman
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Birdman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:48 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:Looking at Tranmere's forum, a few messages on there saying we've been the best team that they have faced this season highlighting Benyu, Mensah and McClure.

http://m.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/ ... 989,page=2


Have you posted the correct link, jg? No mention of today's game (or have I overlooked it?).
scorp
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: England

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby scorp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Birdman wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:Looking at Tranmere's forum, a few messages on there saying we've been the best team that they have faced this season highlighting Benyu, Mensah and McClure.

http://m.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/ ... 989,page=2


Have you posted the correct link, jg? No mention of today's game (or have I overlooked it?).


This: http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/board ... 0,15969326

One comment there that aldershot-jg may have been referring to is "very interesting first half.. very impressed with the shots frontline, their movement and touches are causing us a lot of problems. Benyu and Mensah look very good and McClure."

Another: "Fair play to Aldershot, their front line was a breath of fresh air, No. 20 was head & shoulders best player on the pitch, our defence looked rocky every time their front line run off and between them, you can see why they've been on a run that has propelled them into the frame for a play off place."
Birdman
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Birdman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Thanks Scorp, that link may be what jg intended to post. Apologies if I'm wrong, jg.
aldershot-jg
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby aldershot-jg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 pm

scorp wrote:
Birdman wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:Looking at Tranmere's forum, a few messages on there saying we've been the best team that they have faced this season highlighting Benyu, Mensah and McClure.

http://m.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/ ... 989,page=2


Have you posted the correct link, jg? No mention of today's game (or have I overlooked it?).


This: http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/board ... 0,15969326

One comment there that aldershot-jg may have been referring to is "very interesting first half.. very impressed with the shots frontline, their movement and touches are causing us a lot of problems. Benyu and Mensah look very good and McClure."

Another: "Fair play to Aldershot, their front line was a breath of fresh air, No. 20 was head & shoulders best player on the pitch, our defence looked rocky every time their front line run off and between them, you can see why they've been on a run that has propelled them into the frame for a play off place."


Also
Most fans around me thought that they were the best team to visit PP this season, don't think many can argue with that.

And

Thought Aldershot were the best team we've faced here this season and their No.20 deserves special mention, not just for his performance but also for being quick to grab hold of Nors after that pathetic challenge from behind.

Lastly

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed todays game,especially the cracking first half.Aldershot were very good going forward and as good as any team I've seen us play at PP this season.Their number 20 [Benyu?] was the best player on the pitch and the number 11 [Mensah?]was excellent too. Their defence looked suspect but we didn't pressurise them enough overall. Our defenders too were much dodgier than normal and very vulnerable to their fast on the ground[in the first half particularly]moves.

Lincoln are looking uncatchable but we need to keep ahead of Forest Green[who were nowhere near as impressive as Aldershot]and finish second[assuming there's no late collapse from the Imps] .
aldershot-jg
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby aldershot-jg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Birdman wrote:Thanks Scorp, that link may be what jg intended to post. Apologies if I'm wrong, jg.


My apologies, yes that was the one that I intended to link, thanks Scorp.
Fuggletim
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am
Location: Whitehill

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Fuggletim » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Draw was a fair result on the balance of things, but frustrating result! Several pints numbed it a bit, but Monday is even more crucial! COYS,
bordon shot
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby bordon shot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Fuggletim wrote:Draw was a fair result on the balance of things, but frustrating result! Several pints numbed it a bit, but Monday is even more crucial! COYS,


Agree,

We need to turn up in numbers and make some noise
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Disturbed Postie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Reg's corner wrote:
GuyB wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:Stonewall penalty missed, thanks linesman.


They just never want to make a decision.


The refs this season have been awful at pens.. I can recall 5 at home that went given.. See them anywhere else rheyr given... Have they been given a different edict this season or somik.. Awful refeering...

English please!
Alf W
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Alf W » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Just got back; that was one of the best Aldershot games this season I've seen.Both sides played "their game" and really went for the win, with a draw probably about right. Having said that, the referee must have been one of the worst "homers" I've seen. From not giving us a clear penalty, to not giving us an equally clear second half free kick on the edge of their area, to not sending off their left back who took Kanu out as the last defender......

Great performance from the team, outstanding were Benyu, McClure, Mensah....their keeper made 3/4 outstanding saves......
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Disturbed Postie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Once again in my opinion that was another game we should have won but didn't, Monday last chance saloon!
scorp
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: England

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby scorp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 pm

In light of Kundai Benyu being rated by some TR fans as the best player on the pitch - and his superb attitude, commitment and goals at ATFC - have a read...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/380144/kundai-benyu

If true, looks like ATFC has sorted him out biiiiiiiiig time. Mick, let him stay. You know it makes sense :!:
Weybourne Shot
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Farnham

Re: matchday thread vs Tranmere COYS!!

Postby Weybourne Shot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Just back a long day but boy was it worth it, a performance and a team to be proud of. Think we should have nicked it and probably would have if we had got the stonewall penalty we should have, I fail to see how a linesman on that side of the pitch couldn't see Kanu was fouled when it was clear to see from our viewpoint at the other end of the ground. So two penalties in the last two games that should have been given but were not and could be the difference between a play off place or not. Lots of Tranmere fans on our way back to our car making a point to come up to us to say that we were the best opposition team they've seen at PP this season. One even saying he enjoyed the game so much he wants us to make the play offs. Fabulous support by the travelling Shots for the entire game. Fingers crossed for Monday we can still do it.

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Johnboy, Me Mums a Shot, Norwich Nick, Redandblueshirt, Shot through (& throu, Tices Shot and 47 guests