Match Day Thread vs DOVER

Trouts

Re: Match Day Thread vs DOVER

Postby Trouts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 pm

i thought he had his shirt pulled but will wait for the video before judging him...
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:14 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Giles wrote:Well that was the most anxious I've been at a footy match since Christ knows when, fully deserved that win but must admit I just didn't think it was going to be our day, so disappointed in Dover as their manager stated in the pre-match build up that Dover are an attacking side and wouldn't dream of playing for the draw... which they just did from the 1/2 hour mark! One man team by the looks of it but you can see why he's scored so many, Evans & Reynolds were brilliant keeping him quiet until Dover stopped playing, McClure must start the next game for me, Rendell just doesn't look on his game at all & was rightly subbed. The Kanu dive looked like just that from where I was sat in the north stand so no complaints, the second booking looked just like bad timing but the ref had no choice. Benyu was my MOTM, he was everywhere and the ref should watch his performance back for the amount of fouls he missed on him alone!

Really believe we can do this & hope today affected Dovers mentality, come on Torquay!!

KANU did dive and he has made a habit of doing so. This boy is a very talented lad and has a great future. Please young man. Take this out of your game.[/quotves
Dives more than Wilfred Zaha
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Dive, foul theatrics whatever its a pen. If it was them we wouldnt have muchvto complain about would we. These refs are got to learn the rules.
Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 pm

The "he made the most of it" comments are frustrating. A trip is a trip and therefore is a foul. Nowhere in the laws of the game does it say "A player commits a foul if he trips the opposition player, unless it looks like the opposition player made the most of it".

As I have said, I will reserve judgment until I see the video, but I find it strange that a player would dive (and I mean dive with no contact made) when in such a good position to score.
ShotsPayne

Postby ShotsPayne » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 am

Christ, there's some negativity on here for what was one of my happiest days as a Shots fan in recent years. Was looking forward to logging on here to relive all the great moments through other people's eyes. Jesus guys...
dalinz

Postby dalinz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 am

You must be new here...
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 am

ShotsPayne wrote:Christ, there's some negativity on here for what was one of my happiest days as a Shots fan in recent years. Was looking forward to logging on here to relive all the great moments through other people's eyes. Jesus guys...

Not only that, over 3500 happy shots fans!!!
Weybourne Shot

Postby Weybourne Shot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

just seen the match highlights looks like a definite pull on Idris by the Dover defender ..... :evil:
Jason

Postby Jason » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Having watched the highlights my summary of the three main contentious issues would be;

Idris dive/penalty - Inconclusive. Dover player puts a hand on Idris, but not enough to send him over. Their legs did look close. I am not sure whether there was a trip or not. I wouldn't be happy to give a penalty, but equally wouldn't be happy to give a caution for diving, as I am not sure.

Straker's shot - Definitely not over the line. Correct decision.

Idris second yellow - to me there was nothing in this at all. 50/50 ball, both players connected with the ball, nothing particularly dangerous or over the top from either player (in fact if anything the Dover player is likely to have hurt himself by the way that he lunged towards the ball). Unfortunately, I fear that it may have been the reaction of the Dover player more than anything that got Idris the second yellow.
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:53 pm

One small criticism about this season is that we must be more clinical in front of goal. For all the fantastic possession and football we played yesterday we scored one goal. I know Dover came for the draw but in a lot matches this year we could have scored a lot more. Matt Mclure was guilty of it earlier in the season but all the players have guilty of it as well. I lost count of the amount of shots there were off target in the first half yesterday, and for the second home match running we were under the cosh again for the last 5-10 minutes and could have lost at the death.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 pm

margateshot wrote:One small criticism about this season is that we must be more clinical in front of goal. For all the fantastic possession and football we played yesterday we scored one goal. I know Dover came for the draw but in a lot matches this year we could have scored a lot more. Matt Mclure was guilty of it earlier in the season but all the players have guilty of it as well. I lost count of the amount of shots there were off target in the first half yesterday, and for the second home match running we were under the cosh again for the last 5-10 minutes and could have lost at the death.

Agree. Whatever league we are in next season we need a 20 goal a season forward.
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 pm

From my vantage point it looked like a clear dive and having seen the highlights it's pretty obvious he felt a hand on him and went arse over tit as quickly as possible. I suspect the lad has had this coached into him at the Hammers, but either way he needs to get it out of his game. This is lower league football and that stuff doesn't wash, he had a clear scoring opportunity and he chose to take the tumble. Lots to learn for young Idris!!
bordon shot

Postby bordon shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 am

chimpster99 wrote:From my vantage point it looked like a clear dive and having seen the highlights it's pretty obvious he felt a hand on him and went arse over tit as quickly as possible. I suspect the lad has had this coached into him at the Hammers, but either way he needs to get it out of his game. This is lower league football and that stuff doesn't wash, he had a clear scoring opportunity and he chose to take the tumble. Lots to learn for young Idris!!

I think this was the reason we didn't get the stonewall penalty at Tranmere. The ref made his call by judging the reaction of Idris as he went down, a clear foul which he went down with his normal theatrics. A poor decision by the ref was the result.

Let's hope that Gary & Jamie can knock this out of his game next season & then he will realise he is more of a threat by standing on his feet.

Return to “ShotsTalk”