Match Day Thread vs DOVER

aldershot-jg

Re: Match Day Thread vs DOVER

Postby aldershot-jg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:08 pm

lanternhall wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:
Mytshot wrote:They're not happy.... from the Dover forum:

AND........ALDERSHOT you should be ashamed of yourselves to £19 and then ask then to p@@s in a portaloo. Terrible!!!!!if you do get up and not the football league your facilities might need a rethink.

Moaning about cost is just bitter especially when there are other teams that charge more and obviously it would feel like a rip off after watching your team park the bus. having a portaloo for the away end I agree isn't adequate.

I do seriously think that we need a re_think about how we treat away fans. As I have posted before. I want away fans to say positive things about our club

I agree but I believe the fact that their team lost such an important match has a factor in the negative comments.
tonygodfrey

Postby tonygodfrey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:10 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:Radio said kanu miss kicked the ball and didn't intend to get the man. Also said the ref didn't realise he had already been booked

He was having a good long look at his book before giving the yellow and red, for a moment I thought the ref was just having a chat with him. It was the players' initial sliding challenge on Kanu that made it worse. I'm pretty sure Kanu dived but Gary has backed Kanu in saying it was a penalty, if so both bookings were harsh. After that he lets their player stay on the pitch after treatment, have the laws changed or aren't players suppose to leave the pitch until being called back on by the ref?

Yes the laws have changed. If your injury is a result of an action for which the perpetrator is given a card you are not required to leave the pitch.
Mytshot

Postby Mytshot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Swedishshot wrote:Radio said kanu miss kicked the ball and didn't intend to get the man. Also said the ref didn't realise he had already been booked

He was having a good long look at his book before giving the yellow and red, for a moment I thought the ref was just having a chat with him. It was the players' initial sliding challenge on Kanu that made it worse. I'm pretty sure Kanu dived but Gary has backed Kanu in saying it was a penalty, if so both bookings were harsh. After that he lets their player stay on the pitch after treatment, have the laws changed or aren't players suppose to leave the pitch until being called back on by the ref?

The law has changed. A player receiving treatment can stay on the pitch if the injury was caused by an opponent that received a yellow or red card.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Mytshot wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:

The law has changed. A player receiving treatment can stay on the pitch if the injury was caused by an opponent that received a yellow or red card.

Blimey Mr Hair does know the rules....pity he seemed to forget them for most of the 3 games I've seen him ref this year. Banning order needed.
Let's hope Ward or the Greek gift bearer don't get the last two games / or the play offs if we make it. Muppets the 3 of them.
Statto

Postby Statto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

He'd have noted it on his card. Plus, he showed a yellow just prior to showing the red, hence he knew Idris was walking for two yellows.
Giles

Postby Giles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Well that was the most anxious I've been at a footy match since Christ knows when, fully deserved that win but must admit I just didn't think it was going to be our day, so disappointed in Dover as their manager stated in the pre-match build up that Dover are an attacking side and wouldn't dream of playing for the draw... which they just did from the 1/2 hour mark! One man team by the looks of it but you can see why he's scored so many, Evans & Reynolds were brilliant keeping him quiet until Dover stopped playing, McClure must start the next game for me, Rendell just doesn't look on his game at all & was rightly subbed. The Kanu dive looked like just that from where I was sat in the north stand so no complaints, the second booking looked just like bad timing but the ref had no choice. Benyu was my MOTM, he was everywhere and the ref should watch his performance back for the amount of fouls he missed on him alone!

Really believe we can do this & hope today affected Dovers mentality, come on Torquay!!
Statto

Postby Statto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Fuggletim wrote:Thought Dover came with the intent of getting a draw as they knew this benefitted them more than us. No real urgency shown by them until well after the penalty. Poor side who on today's performance makes you wonder how they have done so well this season.
I concur! Dover were very negative.
scorp

Postby scorp » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Shot in Devon wrote:Theres RED & BLUE over the White Cliffs of Dover :lol:

Oh dear... :lol:
Statto

Postby Statto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:20 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:Felt Kanu only got the 2nd yellow because their player came out worse in the tackle. If anything I thought it was more a foul on kanu. His first yellow for simulation if he did dive was obviously deserved.
I'm not sure what the ref thought he saw for Idris' first yellow. He was through on goal, so why would he then fall over rather than take a shot?
Statto

Postby Statto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

CH wrote:Chant of the season. This is brilliant

Dover fans: you let your club die!

Dover Athletic Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Dover, Kent, England. The club currently competes in the National League, the fifth tier of English football. The club was formed in 1983 after the dissolution of the town's previous club, Dover F.C.
They were also singing, "Football League and you f***** it up.................". I'm still trying to find mention of when Dover managed to get there!! 8)
bordon shot

Postby bordon shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Justice was done in the end with the team trying to play football winning the game. Dover simply play to their strength, in trying to get the ball quickly to Miller. I have to say Evans & Reynolds were certainly 10/10 with their performances today, they had the shackles on both of his ankles & he didn't really threaten.

The sending off was harsh as I thought it was a 50-50 ball where their player came off worse, had it been the other way round,I don't think we would have seen a red card with this ref.
Shot in Devon

Postby Shot in Devon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

scorp wrote:
Shot in Devon wrote:Theres RED & BLUE over the White Cliffs of Dover :lol:

Oh dear... :lol:

:lol: Repeat to the tune of The White Cliffs of Dover.
You know it makes sense
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Statto wrote:
aldershot-jg wrote:Felt Kanu only got the 2nd yellow because their player came out worse in the tackle. If anything I thought it was more a foul on kanu. His first yellow for simulation if he did dive was obviously deserved.
I'm not sure what the ref thought he saw for Idris' first yellow. He was through on goal, so why would he then fall over rather than take a shot?

Sometimes I don't think Kanu helps himself when he appears stronger and more determined when he outside the box, riding tackles and holding off players etc but when he's in the box he does look for the foul and looks like he throws himself to the ground. I was in the seats over 50 yards away so I can't say whether it was the right or wrong decision today.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Giles wrote:Well that was the most anxious I've been at a footy match since Christ knows when, fully deserved that win but must admit I just didn't think it was going to be our day, so disappointed in Dover as their manager stated in the pre-match build up that Dover are an attacking side and wouldn't dream of playing for the draw... which they just did from the 1/2 hour mark! One man team by the looks of it but you can see why he's scored so many, Evans & Reynolds were brilliant keeping him quiet until Dover stopped playing, McClure must start the next game for me, Rendell just doesn't look on his game at all & was rightly subbed. The Kanu dive looked like just that from where I was sat in the north stand so no complaints, the second booking looked just like bad timing but the ref had no choice. Benyu was my MOTM, he was everywhere and the ref should watch his performance back for the amount of fouls he missed on him alone!

Really believe we can do this & hope today affected Dovers mentality, come on Torquay!!

KANU did dive and he has made a habit of doing so. This boy is a very talented lad and has a great future. Please young man. Take this out of your game.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Giles wrote:Well that was the most anxious I've been at a footy match since Christ knows when, fully deserved that win but must admit I just didn't think it was going to be our day, so disappointed in Dover as their manager stated in the pre-match build up that Dover are an attacking side and wouldn't dream of playing for the draw... which they just did from the 1/2 hour mark! One man team by the looks of it but you can see why he's scored so many, Evans & Reynolds were brilliant keeping him quiet until Dover stopped playing, McClure must start the next game for me, Rendell just doesn't look on his game at all & was rightly subbed. The Kanu dive looked like just that from where I was sat in the north stand so no complaints, the second booking looked just like bad timing but the ref had no choice. Benyu was my MOTM, he was everywhere and the ref should watch his performance back for the amount of fouls he missed on him alone!

KANU did dive and he has made a habit of doing so. This boy is a very talented lad and has a great future. Please young man. Take this out of your game.

Agreed!

Return to “ShotsTalk”