What would the EBB cost ?

Headley Shot

What would the EBB cost ?

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 pm

It's seems the Swindon Trust are hoping to buy the County Ground for £1.1 million, they have the same situation as ourselves, so I was wondering what Rushmoor Council would want for the EBB ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-39290058
supershots

Re: What would the EBB cost ?

Postby supershots » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 pm

pointless post because we all know by now it can not be bought! :roll:
80fc

Postby 80fc » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm sure that if another green site were to be come available in rushmoor that would make a much more suitable community asset i'm sure covenants attached to the rec could be transferred to the new site if the will to do it were there.
stevieshot

Postby stevieshot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

I would think after all this time, purchase of the Rec could still be possible including the covenant.
I'm sure the Council would bite our hands off, to be rid of the Rec, as they can't develop it either.
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

The point of my post was to suggest that If Swindon's Trust succeed with exactly the same covenant restrictions as we have on the EBB, it makes the possibility of a purchase much more likely.
It was supposed to be a hypothetical question and I don't agree it's pointless as a successful football club cannot develop nor attract investment without a plan for the stadium it's going to play in.
Serious money would need to be spent on the ground if Football League status were to be achieved again.

:roll:
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:10 pm

A long enough lease (100yrs+) would be enough for us to invest in facilities. It just wouldn't give us the borrowing power, but with the right commercial arrangement it might not be needed.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

All I do know, is there is no better ground to watch your football in, on days like today.
That atmosphere just wouldn't be created in some plastic out of town nothingness of a ground.
The Rec is our home and long may it last.
Colour, Passion, East Bank rocking, North stand joining in. Never want to leave.

Q the ...you aren't forward looking enough comments, and I've been called a lot of names this week. Well I don't care, I love watching my football at the Rec.
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 pm

[quote="Anon E Mouse"]All I do know, is there is no better ground to watch your football in, on days like today.
That atmosphere just wouldn't be created in some plastic out of town nothingness of a ground.
Colour, Passion, East Bank rocking, North stand joining in. Never want to leave.

Q the ...you aren't forward looking enough comments, and I've been called a lot of names this week. Well I don't care, I love watching my football at the Rec.[/quote]

Great post and so true. I'd prefer a sympathetic redevelopment of the Rec any day - new South stand, new West stand with hotel/conferencing, possibly some new floodlights and a quick tart up of the rest. Much more affordable and keeps the soul of the club. Come on RBC, you know it makes sense!!
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:All I do know, is there is no better ground to watch your football in, on days like today.

Q the ...you aren't forward looking enough comments, and I've been called a lot of names this week. Well I don't care, I love watching my football at the Rec.

Great post and so true. I'd prefer a sympathetic redevelopment of the Rec any day - new South stand, new West stand with hotel/conferencing, possibly some new floodlights and a quick tart up of the rest. Much more affordable and keeps the soul of the club. Come on RBC, you know it makes sense!!

Agreed, let's tart the old girl up.
Keep the spirt , passion and history. I love the place on days like today.
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Plenty of old girls have been tarted up in Aldershot, why not ?
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Headley Shot wrote:Plenty of old girls have been tarted up in Aldershot, why not ?

:lol:
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:02 pm

We need to own our own ground. It is why we do not get serious investment. In my opinion Aldershot Town is an asset to the town. The council should have given us that ground years ago. If we have to move, so be it but we need to own our ground.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:09 pm

More than we can afford. How much is it worth?. All the tea in China. I LOVE THE PLACE.
Johnmat

Postby Johnmat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm

There is one thing you all should remember the only reason there is still an ATFC is because we didnt own our ground if you look at clubs who have financial trouble there is always someone with an eye on the ground so be happy with what you have and be careful what you wish for
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

steveclivebaker wrote:More than we can afford. How much is it worth?. All the tea in China. I LOVE THE PLACE.

So do I but we need to face facts. The rec is falling to pieces.

Return to “ShotsTalk”