All about the D

ShotsPayne

All about the D

Postby ShotsPayne » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 am

Something I haven't seen picked up on here yet: we currently have the best defence in the league. Credit to Evans, Reynolds et al especially after today's game. Most teams would have dreamed to have handled Miller like we did. He needed a handball to nearly breach us in the end... And of course well done Jakey Cole for the most parsimonious keeping in the division.
scorp

Re: All about the D

Postby scorp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:04 am

ShotsPayne wrote:Something I haven't seen picked up on here yet: we currently have the best defence in the league. Credit to Evans, Reynolds et al especially after today's game. Most teams would have dreamed to have handled Miller like we did. He needed a handball to nearly breach us in the end... And of course well done Jakey Cole for the most parsimonious keeping in the division.

Yep, i noticed that earlier. Just 37 let in [if my memory serves me].
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 am

the overweight no9 looks like he needs to visit a gym and stop the doughnuts ...
scorp

Postby scorp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 am

When Chester won the conference in 2004, they had conceded 34 goals, put in 86 and had a gd of +51.

The Shots sneaked into the playoffs, in 5th position, having conceded 67, scored 80 and with a gd of +13 Second placed Hereford were 21 points ahead of us; we had just 70 [Exeter, 6th, 69], but... the rest is pleasant history until the visit to Stoke.

Return to “ShotsTalk”