Shots rip out Dover's sole/ Ben Dover and have that .

Jimmy Riddle

Shots rip out Dover's sole/ Ben Dover and have that .

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 am

Tongham and I can't agree on the ratings, so I have kept them separate. It confirms that this job is tougher than Gary's and what a fantastic job Alan And The great Tommy 'Doc' undertake on a weekly basis. Also not assisted by a memory of a goldfish and a rather nervous 95 minutes.

Shots rip out Dover sole/ Ben Dover and have that !

Even Without Sir Alan B and the dodgy doc, the mighty Shots done their gaffer and fans proud in what has been a most memorable season. Alexander, Fenelon and Rendell took the places of Strakes, McClure and Kanu.

Shots took the game to Dover and other than the odd blip were pretty much in control, although generally limited to long range efforts.

The rather annoying Miller was niggly and not getting much out of the Collosus Evans( my MOM).

Second half saw Idris replace Kellerman and the tempo really started to be upped, with Dover camped in our half for the majority of the second 50 minutes. Strakes came on for Arnold and we started to get into top gear. Lots of efforts and sound handling from their keeper along with much general time wasting.Iddy was possibly unlucky for getting booked for an alleged dive in the box( will need to see the replay). McClure replaced the fairly quiet Rendell and again got very busy. I think the delightful Benny won the penalty and 'lots of goals' McClure duly slotted home in front of an ecstatic East Bank.

Iddy was Unlucky to be sent off as he went in for a challenge with Kinnear who was left pole axed on the floor and Iddy was sent to the stands with his second yellow by a poor ref( see ratings) . Somehow Dover missed 2 absolute sitters in the 5 minutes of injury time, with McClure also going through and only the keep to beat.

A really fantastic afternoon watched by just over 3800. Tongham's scores are the first one, mine the second. Tongham not in the most generous mood, with me getting over Middlesex obvious coming for a draw at the Rose Bowl a bit quicker than him.

Big shout out to Margate Shot and son and a fine Kent win. Also the effort and miles you cover home and away. There are many fans doing this- well done to you all.

Another big shout out to Aberdeen Shot, who makes a massive effort to attend matches. Only thing missing from him is his 'trip' reports!

Official time keeper 0, late kicking off much to DP and Tongham's disgust.

Ref 3.5.Terrible game, just poor with decisions, missed a lot, got the Kanu sending off wrong, didn't hurry Docer along when they were time wasting, could of booked booked Miller for his numerous fouls.

Cole-7/7 - solid, not masses to do, but gives confides to the back 4.
Alexander 7.5/7- very strong and defended well. Some lovely attacking advances down the pitch.
Arnold 7/7 - as above, doesn't offer what STRAKES can do.
Evans8.5/9- OUR MOM. Superb, and had Miller in his pocket all afternoon. Superb.
Reynolds- 8/8 the sponsors MoM . Great on the ball and very calm.
Kellerman-6.5/6.5Battled, the odd nightmare pass, does a decent job in there battling.
Gallagher-7.5/ 7- no dodgy challenges, worked very hard.
Benni 8/8- a very good game and was everywhere. Good times ahead for him.
Bernard 8.5/-8.5 . Our favourite player and back to top form. Passing, weaving, ghosting and leaping.
Fenelon-7.5/7.5- busy strong, got back. Just what you want.
Rendell- 6/6.5. A bit out of sorts but works hard for the team.

Subs-

Idris 8.5/8.5 Excellent, unlucky with both bookings. You could see Gary felt for him at the end.
McClure7/ 9- had the bottle to despactch the penalty. Was a real nuisance. Come on Tongham he scored the winner. We're on our way, we're on our way.
Straker 7.5/9 fantastic going forward as well as defending. Made a huge impact.

Top day at the 'dear old Rec'. No finer place to be on a Dry afternoon with footballing friends and family. Hats off to the circa 1600+ who are there through good n bad. Thank you to the 2000 who are coming/ back on board.
Please come more often. The old girl was really rocking and rolling yesterday

Thanks to the Messiah and James who have really taken the club off the life support machine and all staff and volunteers who work tirelessly for our team. To Shahid and the board huge gratitude for their efforts.

Return to “ShotsTalk”