Ricky Miller

Heywood Jablomy
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Heywood Jablomy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm

McClure looked a lot better than Miller yesterday.
johnclark50
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Fleet

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby johnclark50 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm

I had a chat with a guy who turned out to be his father while queuing up to get in yesterday. I commented that he had had a lot of clubs, to which his father said that "he's was a bit of a knob" in his younger days! He says that he's had lots of offers for next season and won't be at Dover.
Reg's corner
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Reg's corner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:Watched him closely yesterday. I thought you could see his ability to give himself a yard on the defence to give himself a shooting chance. Having said that Callum and Will reduced him to very little and both were outstanding. For such a prolific goalscorer it seems strange he has only played about 12 games in the football league for Luton and is 28 years old. The rest of his career he has been scraping around in non league. Wonder where he will be next season?


Woking..? Farnborough..? Maybe if he loses weight...
shotsfantic
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 pm
Location: Sunny Bagshot

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby shotsfantic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:29 am

scorp wrote:
Josh wrote:
DonnyDarko2012 wrote:Sought? REALLY?????!!!!!!!! :evil:


My thoughts entirely. It's sort.


Your apostrophes' in the correct place 8)


LOL
slaphead
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby slaphead » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..
Alex
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:13 pm

slaphead wrote:Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..


From what I've seen I wouldn't say he's the best striker in our division, but yes, agree with the rest.

Can't understand why some of our supporters seem to dislike him so much/added him to the annoying things thread. What's he done wrong to our club/us :?:

It's not his fault he's all Dover have.... Surely :?:
Les Briley
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 pm
Location: Elsbels

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Les Briley » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 pm

slaphead wrote:Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..

100% correct, he looks Deadly every time he gets the ball.
Alex
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Les Briley wrote:
slaphead wrote:Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..

100% correct, he looks Deadly every time he gets the ball.


Except from at the end when he failed to beat Cole... lol
Birdman
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Birdman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Alex wrote:
Les Briley wrote:
slaphead wrote:Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..

100% correct, he looks Deadly every time he gets the ball.


Except from at the end when he failed to beat Cole... lol


There's looking deadly and being deadly. Let's hope that he maintains the former whilst no longer achieving the latter.
Weybourne Shot
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Farnham

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Weybourne Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm

That was the most ineffective performance by him that I've seen, probably something to do with the way they set up and he seemed a bit subdued to say the least. But there is no doubt he is the best Striker in this league and has been for a couple of years. I don't think he will be playing at this level next season.
Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Reminds me of Stuart Fleetwood, did well over a season but never kicked on in the league. Drifted down leaguestheteafter.
aldershot-jg
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby aldershot-jg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Can't say he didn't kick on in the league, 15 appearances is hardly a fair crack. With him having play with his back to goal against Reynolds and Evans was never going to be easy but he did give us more to think about when he was running at goal, fortunately he was quite wasteful.
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Disturbed Postie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:33 pm

If he's top scorer which he is comfortably then he's the best in the league, simple really!
Chobham Shot
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Chobham Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:If he's top scorer which he is comfortably then he's the best in the league, simple really!


Unless 18 of them have been pens of course!
(Which they haven't)!
Chobham Shot
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Chobham Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Alex wrote:
slaphead wrote:Anybody who wouldn't want Ricky Miller in their side needs their head testing. Just because he didn't score against us doesn't mean he's crap. Anyone who saw the way he changed the game against us down there would testify to that. Top scorer and best striker in the league by a country mile..


From what I've seen I wouldn't say he's the best striker in our division, but yes, agree with the rest.

Can't understand why some of our supporters seem to dislike him so much/added him to the annoying things thread. What's he done wrong to our club/us :?:

It's not his fault he's all Dover have.... Surely :?:


Who would you say is the best striker in the league?

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andym, Birdman, Google [Bot], Stoke Shot (Alfie) and 37 guests