Dover Manager

stevieshot

Re: Dover Manager

Postby stevieshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 pm

I think that Monday and our recent history v Dover and the occasion, made our fans more expressive.
Who can forget our Cup exit,in the Dillon era.
And the players, understandably feed off the fans exuberance.
Monday was not a celebration of reaching the play-offs.
It was a celebration of being able to watch an exciting team, overachieving.
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Desertshot wrote:
lanternhall wrote:I am now going to publicly admit to being a dick head. At the beginning of the season l posted that bringing Gary Waddock back was a mistake and that we should be careful what we wish for. I was completely wrong. The man should be knighted and I should have idiot tattooed on my forehead in large letters.

We are all entitled to our opinion and if it makes you feel any better I had my reservations about GW with no money...I was wrong...VERY WRONG....We are a joy to watch and play the most attractive football in our league. We fully deserve to make the play offs and hopefully the final BUT whatever happens we have been magnificent all season. My only regret is that not more people have come to games to witness this.

Thank you Desert shot. I am old school and my favourite shots teams were Dungworth Needham, McGregor etc but this is the best shots team I have seen in my life. I share your concern. How the hell do we attract more supporters?

I think if we are in this league next season and we keep this squad together the fans will return. Our recent home gates have shown signs of recovery. We have have had years of negative or poor quality football and yet another financial crisis. It was IMO always going to take a while for our lost support to return. And I totally agree about that Shots team btw...they were wonderful! If only we could have held on to JD for the rest of that season!
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:22 pm

stevieshot wrote:I think that Monday and our recent history v Dover and the occasion, made our fans more expressive.
Who can forget our Cup exit,in the Dillon era.
And the players, understandably feed off the fans exuberance.
Monday was not a celebration of reaching the play-offs.
It was a celebration of being able to watch an exciting team, overachieving.

And after the recent years of dross we at last have a team to really get behind! And not just any old team our team, this is Aldershot., we are loud and we are proud! Perhaps Mr Dover man knows nothing about that because Dover don't have fans like ours (well not many) I think a number of teams have totally underestimated us this season and we have been the surprise package. I Don't think Dover sat back deliberately...in the 1st 20-30 mins they came at us and had a go BUT we are just too good, they couldn't get the ball off us and when they did we won it straight back. The second half was a joke, they gave up! Dover were totally and completely shot, they had no idea how to respond to us until the dying moments of the game, they looked totally void of idea's. Our passing and movement is outstanding and we are a joy to watch. That defeat may well have dented Dovers' morale. not because they lost narrowly but because we absolutely destroyed them. I think they were shocked at how good we are,IMO the manager is trying to limit the damage by deflecting the blame away from the team and his tactics.
shotsfantic

Postby shotsfantic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:12 am

"Chris Kinnear hopes Aldershot’s wild celebrations after beating Dover on Monday afternoon come back to haunt them"

"The Dover boss had to endure players, fans and manager Gary Waddock"

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/ ... er-124130/
Giles

Postby Giles » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:49 am

I didn't realise it was his son who missed the open goal! brilliant, you couldn't write it :lol:

To not understand what this result meant is poor from him and shows lack of class, had the boot been on the other foot and his negative tactics worked to put them one foot in the playoffs would they have celebrated at the end? of course they bloody would! Bellend!
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Unlike most managers Mr Kinnear, Gary always comes out and thanks the fans.
He needs to learn from the best.

Yes the scene at the end was a little over the top, but it was a really important game and had been very tense and meant that we were still in the race (ducks for cover).
Plus 5 years of pst dross, has made us value those moments more than most. Hopefully it isn't Dover's added motivation, but like someone else said if they win the last 3 , good luck to them.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Does Kinnear not think if they'd have won on Monday his players and fans wouldn't have celebrated equally happily?

He is actually now putting more pressure on his players by asking for big response in their last games, where as we already know nothing but wins will do us now
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Morrissey's Scorcher wrote:A terrific season and day for Shots fans what does Roy Kinnear expect, us all to troop off home worried that Dover are going to win their last three games and so pip us to the PO place? If it happens so be it, but they looked a bit jaded and lacking the energy the Shots displayed yesterday. I'm sure Dover will have nearly four thousand for next weeks game with Torquay and they have our permission to celebrate if they win that one.

Unfortunately Roy kinnear doesn't expect anything anymore :cry:

Return to “ShotsTalk”