Ref Watch

Alex
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Ref Watch

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Anthony Backhouse is in charge of our match at Ferriby this Saturday.

He did our 1-1 draw at Southport back in September.

No red cards given out this season.
Kingfield Shot
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Kingfield Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Just thought I would share these snippets of info with you. There is a strong chance that Mr Hatzidakis would referee the play off final as he is in the top two of clubs and assessors marks, so what do we know about football? Also we do need to gain promotion this season, as there is a void in the refereeing system. A referee now has to choose whether to be a referee or an assistant referee, leaving lists to be filled by the referees below. That means many new promoted referees for next year, some will be ready and but others not. I have seen many an assistant this season give poor decisions due to lack of experience. Years ago you would learn your trade at the lower levels before getting higher and proving your worth. So for example Idris Kanu has made errors this year, but will learn because he is young. A poor young match official gets heaps of disgusting abuse for making a mistake and it is just that a mistake. I have never heard a single Shots fan or any in fact, shout any proper advice out to a match official. A former colleague of mine would never have a good game if reffing a league 1 or 2 match, yet give him a Championship game and he was nearly faultless. It is a strange world. Finally when I would do a Conference South I would have far less free kicks than say an Isthmian game, due to the standard of the players. My record is 13 free kicks of which the majority where in the last quarter of the game in the Conference South match. Whereas on the other hand I once had 6 cautions in the opening 25 minutes of a Southern League game and none after. A referee only does what a player asks him to do, for instance please show me a card. So before people moan about Kanu's red it was a challenge he did not need to make and he was getting involved in tussles on Friday.
supershots
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Frimley green

Re: Ref Watch

Postby supershots » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am

I would disagree with that i am always giving refs advice, they just do not take it.
fredandballou
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Re: Ref Watch

Postby fredandballou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Not forgetting that Anthony Backhouse has shown a red card this season he gave Man Utd's Regain Poole a straight red in the Derby game against Man City in the premier youth league earlier this year. Jake Gallagher may well remember him as yellow carded him in the 90th minute when we played Southport back in September. He did well in last Mondays game York v Wrexham where no yellow cards where shown to either side.
Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I would put the ref on Monday (Mr Hair) below Mr Hatzidakis who took charge of our game against Barrow. Why?

I think Hatzidakis took the wrong approach to the Barrow game which led to it getting out of control. He tried to let it flow and to allow players to make tackles, but Barrow took advantage of his leniency and the second half was becoming dangerous. If he was given his time again, I'm sure he would not do the same.

The ref on Monday just missed things. For me, he got the biggest decision right - booking Kanu for diving: yes, there is contact but it's very slight and there was no need for Kanu to tumble to the ground and to grab the ball in a clear attempt to make up the ref's mind for him. However, other fouls went unnoticed and unpunished. The Ricky Miller handball near the end could have led to an undeserved equaliser although I accept that it was clear from some angles and probably not visible from others.

If we get to the play off final and the price is that we have Hatzidakis in charge of the game, I'll take it!
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Anon E Mouse » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Marcus ex W.Midlands Shot wrote:I would put the ref on Monday (Mr Hair) below Mr Hatzidakis who took charge of our game against Barrow. Why?

I think Hatzidakis took the wrong approach to the Barrow game which led to it getting out of control. He tried to let it flow and to allow players to make tackles, but Barrow took advantage of his leniency and the second half was becoming dangerous. If he was given his time again, I'm sure he would not do the same.

The ref on Monday just missed things. For me, he got the biggest decision right - booking Kanu for diving: yes, there is contact but it's very slight and there was no need for Kanu to tumble to the ground and to grab the ball in a clear attempt to make up the ref's mind for him. However, other fouls went unnoticed and unpunished. The Ricky Miller handball near the end could have led to an undeserved equaliser although I accept that it was clear from some angles and probably not visible from others.

If we get to the play off final and the price is that we have Hatzidakis in charge of the game, I'll take it!


I'm sure Jake Gallegher wouldn't agree.
I personally hope he never ref's another game.
Villa
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Ref Watch

Postby Villa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 am

Kingfield Shot wrote:Just thought I would share these snippets of info with you. There is a strong chance that Mr Hatzidakis would referee the play off final as he is in the top two of clubs and assessors marks, so what do we know about football? Also we do need to gain promotion this season, as there is a void in the refereeing system. A referee now has to choose whether to be a referee or an assistant referee, leaving lists to be filled by the referees below. That means many new promoted referees for next year, some will be ready and but others not. I have seen many an assistant this season give poor decisions due to lack of experience. Years ago you would learn your trade at the lower levels before getting higher and proving your worth. So for example Idris Kanu has made errors this year, but will learn because he is young. A poor young match official gets heaps of disgusting abuse for making a mistake and it is just that a mistake. I have never heard a single Shots fan or any in fact, shout any proper advice out to a match official. A former colleague of mine would never have a good game if reffing a league 1 or 2 match, yet give him a Championship game and he was nearly faultless. It is a strange world. Finally when I would do a Conference South I would have far less free kicks than say an Isthmian game, due to the standard of the players. My record is 13 free kicks of which the majority where in the last quarter of the game in the Conference South match. Whereas on the other hand I once had 6 cautions in the opening 25 minutes of a Southern League game and none after. A referee only does what a player asks him to do, for instance please show me a card. So before people moan about Kanu's red it was a challenge he did not need to make and he was getting involved in tussles on Friday.

It's good to hear your views Eammon as someone who has walked the walk.
I was sat in the South Stand on Monday listening to an old fella complain about every Offside given or not given.
It's like supporter's appealing or slating Offside decision's from behind the goal.
The Neville and Carragher programme that Sky have screened when they spent time with Referee's and Assistant Referee's IMO was very interesting.
I still believe that Kanu didn't get the penalty at Tranmere as previous to that he went down under a challenge and stayed there but as soon as the Ref didn't wave the Physio on he was up and running as if nothing had happened.
For me he's getting a bit of a reputation for going down a little too easily.
shotsfantic
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:16 pm
Location: Sunny Bagshot

Re: Ref Watch

Postby shotsfantic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 am

Kingfield Shot wrote:Just thought I would share these snippets of info with you. There is a strong chance that Mr Hatzidakis would referee the play off final as he is in the top two of clubs and assessors marks, so what do we know about football? Also we do need to gain promotion this season, as there is a void in the refereeing system. A referee now has to choose whether to be a referee or an assistant referee, leaving lists to be filled by the referees below. That means many new promoted referees for next year, some will be ready and but others not. I have seen many an assistant this season give poor decisions due to lack of experience. Years ago you would learn your trade at the lower levels before getting higher and proving your worth. So for example Idris Kanu has made errors this year, but will learn because he is young. A poor young match official gets heaps of disgusting abuse for making a mistake and it is just that a mistake. I have never heard a single Shots fan or any in fact, shout any proper advice out to a match official. A former colleague of mine would never have a good game if reffing a league 1 or 2 match, yet give him a Championship game and he was nearly faultless. It is a strange world. Finally when I would do a Conference South I would have far less free kicks than say an Isthmian game, due to the standard of the players. My record is 13 free kicks of which the majority where in the last quarter of the game in the Conference South match. Whereas on the other hand I once had 6 cautions in the opening 25 minutes of a Southern League game and none after. A referee only does what a player asks him to do, for instance please show me a card. So before people moan about Kanu's red it was a challenge he did not need to make and he was getting involved in tussles on Friday.


The Dover player took the ref for a fool and stayed down pretending to be injured untill the split second Kanu was shown the red card, he was then up imediately runnning around like a colt
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Anon E Mouse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am

shotsfantic wrote:
Kingfield Shot wrote:Just thought I would share these snippets of info with you. There is a strong chance that Mr Hatzidakis would referee the play off final as he is in the top two of clubs and assessors marks, so what do we know about football? Also we do need to gain promotion this season, as there is a void in the refereeing system. A referee now has to choose whether to be a referee or an assistant referee, leaving lists to be filled by the referees below. That means many new promoted referees for next year, some will be ready and but others not. I have seen many an assistant this season give poor decisions due to lack of experience. Years ago you would learn your trade at the lower levels before getting higher and proving your worth. So for example Idris Kanu has made errors this year, but will learn because he is young. A poor young match official gets heaps of disgusting abuse for making a mistake and it is just that a mistake. I have never heard a single Shots fan or any in fact, shout any proper advice out to a match official. A former colleague of mine would never have a good game if reffing a league 1 or 2 match, yet give him a Championship game and he was nearly faultless. It is a strange world. Finally when I would do a Conference South I would have far less free kicks than say an Isthmian game, due to the standard of the players. My record is 13 free kicks of which the majority where in the last quarter of the game in the Conference South match. Whereas on the other hand I once had 6 cautions in the opening 25 minutes of a Southern League game and none after. A referee only does what a player asks him to do, for instance please show me a card. So before people moan about Kanu's red it was a challenge he did not need to make and he was getting involved in tussles on Friday.


The Dover player took the ref for a fool and stayed down pretending to be injured untill the split second Kanu was shown the red card, he was then up imediately runnning around like a colt


And a fool he is.
tonygodfrey
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: Ref Watch

Postby tonygodfrey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Of course. Any referee who doesn't see everything Aldershot's way should be sacked immediately.
RuislipShot
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Ref Watch

Postby RuislipShot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

if we don't do anything stupid, and play like we really can, then the ref doesn't come into the equation.
Brooklands Shot
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Sunny Taunton

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Brooklands Shot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

On the subject of Referees, I heard yesterday from my bottle of HP, that "our Greek friend" is in the frame for the Play Off Final
supershots
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 am
Location: Frimley green

Re: Ref Watch

Postby supershots » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:Of course. Any referee who doesn't see everything Aldershot's way should be sacked immediately.


Harse, but fair :shock:

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Disturbed Postie, Jimmy Riddle, Johnboy, Me Mums a Shot, Norwich Nick, Redandblueshirt, Shot through (& throu, Tices Shot and 52 guests