PA Music

Desertshot

PA Music

Postby Desertshot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

Does anyone else find the music played when the teams come out and at the end of home games annoying. I would like the noise of the crowed to be the sound that welcomes the players on to the pitch! At the end of the game, especially if it's been a good win as on Monday when the East Bank is in full voice, could the music to be turned down or delayed to allow the fans to celebrate and show there appreciation? Is this just me, do others like it? To be fair whoever does the announcements etc is great so I'm not criticising him. Sometimes I feel we are fighting the noise of the PA to be heard.
Alex

Re: PA Music

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

No comment.
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 am

Desertshot wrote:Does anyone else find the music played when the teams come out and at the end of home games annoying. I would like the noise of the crowed to be the sound that welcomes the players on to the pitch! At the end of the game, especially if it's been a good win as on Monday when the East Bank is in full voice, could the music to be turned down or delayed to allow the fans to celebrate and show there appreciation? Is this just me, do others like it? To be fair whoever does the announcements etc is great so I'm not criticising him. Sometimes I feel we are fighting the noise of the PA to be heard.

I can understand the music prior to the match which is probably about setting the tempo for the boys. Is it too loud ?
Not if you want them to start well and be "on guard", I get that.
The music choice at other times though is predominantly Indie which is great if you love it but diabolical other wise.
It's so bad and at such a volume that fans certainly can't talk to each other so have to leave the stands.
It's almost as bad as Gillingham (where I've vowed never to return) due their PA which I would term "abusive".
It would be great if the music played could be mixed up and the volume reduced slightly but Craig is otherwise extremely professional and doing a wonderful job to help the club.
Sorry to moan but it really p***** me off !
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Desertshot wrote:Does anyone else find the music played when the teams come out and at the end of home games annoying. I would like the noise of the crowed to be the sound that welcomes the players on to the pitch! At the end of the game, especially if it's been a good win as on Monday when the East Bank is in full voice, could the music to be turned down or delayed to allow the fans to celebrate and show there appreciation? Is this just me, do others like it? To be fair whoever does the announcements etc is great so I'm not criticising him. Sometimes I feel we are fighting the noise of the PA to be heard.

I can understand the music prior to the match which is probably about setting the tempo for the boys. Is it too loud ?
Not if you want them to start well and be "on guard", I get that.
The music choice at other times though is predominantly Indie which is great if you love it but diabolical other wise.
It's so bad and at such a volume that fans certainly can't talk to each other so have to leave the stands.
It's almost as bad as Gillingham (where I've vowed never to return) due their PA which I would term "abusive".
It would be great if the music played could be mixed up and the volume reduced slightly but Craig is otherwise extremely professional and doing a wonderful job to help the club.
Sorry to moan but it really p***** me off !

Your not moaning! your voicing an opinion :-) It’s called free speech......
Andyenn

Postby Andyenn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

In the miserable days of the previous few seasons, i can see that the music helped the atmosphere. Now we have fans that want to sing before kickoff and after the game, let them sing i say.
DonnyDarko2012

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 am

Can they publish a play list on the official site (some other clubs do this)? When listening on the radio because I cant get to many games (blooming work!!), I like some stuff, but don't know what the songs are.

Also, why does Craig say "a big shout out to Vanarama.................." - I don't recall any other PA guys saying that.

Mind you, as Headley Shots says - Craig does do a good job, though. I wouldn't want to do it.
Statto

Postby Statto » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:10 pm

You are Ryan Murrant AICM£5!
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:49 pm

My opinion, is its about right re the music.
Alive and kicking played before the players come out. Players come out to crowd noise only.
Motivational beat box type of music as the players huddle with isn't normally my cup of tea, but it actually gives me chills of excitement when played.
No music after goals just let the crowd celebrate and then do our usual post goal chant, then Happy Days straight at the end if we win.

I think its just about spot on.
Would go for slightly less volume pre match so you can talk more easily with mates, but I think that is different depending on what part of ground you are in.

Well done in my opinion.
No Shot Sherlock

Postby No Shot Sherlock » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:03 pm

A bit of Grime would go down well!
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

No Shot Sherlock wrote:A bit of Grime would go down well!

There is some of that, on the North Stand roof I noticed 8)
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:21 pm

There are big problems with varying volumes around the ground, this is down to the PA system we have and I believe it's very hard to fix without spending big bucks. A few years back it was really crackly so at least the sound is crisper these days.

The music choice needs to reflect the age range in the stands so I think they've got it about right with plenty of 80s and 90s tunes. If we went all drum'n'bass/grime, or conversely Vera Lynn, I think there would be far more complaints!

Agree 100% that they should limit the noise when the team comes out. Best thing would be to gauge the atmosphere on the day - on Monday there was no need for music but back in December it was like a morgue so the players needed the tunes.
Weybourne Shot

Postby Weybourne Shot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:26 pm

I thought the play list was really good on Monday, it set the tone pre-match I thought and Alive & Kicking is always enjoyable just before kick off
supershots

Postby supershots » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm

chimpster99 wrote:There are big problems with varying volumes around the ground, this is down to the PA system we have and I believe it's very hard to fix without spending big bucks. A few years back it was really crackly so at least the sound is crisper these days.

The music choice needs to reflect the age range in the stands so I think they've got it about right with plenty of 80s and 90s tunes. If we went all drum'n'bass/grime, or conversely Vera Lynn, I think there would be far more complaints!

Agree 100% that they should limit the noise when the team comes out. Best thing would be to gauge the atmosphere on the day - on Monday there was no need for music but back in December it was like a morgue so the players needed the tunes.

Are you saying its too loud?
And maybe some one-d music?
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:16 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:Can they publish a play list on the official site (some other clubs do this)? When listening on the radio because I cant get to many games (blooming work!!), I like some stuff, but don't know what the songs are.

Also, why does Craig say "a big shout out to Vanarama.................." - I don't recall any other PA guys saying that.

Mind you, as Headley Shots says - Craig does do a good job, though. I wouldn't want to do it.

Part of the Vanarama league sponsorship deal is that the PA announcers should all be saying "A big shout out to Vanerama" prior to kick off so Craig is spot on by doing that, if other clubs are not doing that then they should be
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:31 pm

chimpster99 wrote:There are big problems with varying volumes around the ground, this is down to the PA system we have and I believe it's very hard to fix without spending big bucks. A few years back it was really crackly so at least the sound is crisper these days.

The PA System is actually really good and the same as you would find at even some Premiership grounds, and was a good choice by the BOD at the time when the old PA system was replaced in 20018 its actually the speakers that are really C**p and cant properly reflect the quality of the system as they were not replaced when we got the new PA system.

You are absolutely correct Chimpster re the cost though as replacing the speakers would indeed cost a great deal of money. The problem is they cant be normal speakers as they need to be dual channel so that the safety PA which is separate can cut in and take over the speakers even if the normal PA or music is running.

Return to “ShotsTalk”