Nikki Bull article

margateshot

Nikki Bull article

Postby margateshot » Tue May 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Long read but interesting article on facebook.

https://footbullworld.com/2017/05/16/my ... o-i-start/
Andyenn

Re: Nikki Bull article

Postby Andyenn » Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Yes, it was a long read, but interesting. I would like to see something similar from Dean Holdsworth and Andy Scott. I know neither were well liked by the time they went, but both were probably managing against the chaos of a club in a similar mess.
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Tue May 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Yes it was a long read
WozzaSHOT

Postby WozzaSHOT » Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Andyenn wrote:Yes, it was a long read, but interesting. I would like to see something similar from Dean Holdsworth and Andy Scott. I know neither were well liked by the time they went, but both were probably managing against the chaos of a club in a similar mess.

Really? Would put a lot [all if I'm honest] of the blame on Holdsworth for the shambles he left us in.

Bit more time for Scott [but not much].

Thank you Gary, James and the squad for making me feel much better and returning our club!
1zingo

Postby 1zingo » Tue May 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Andyenn wrote:Yes, it was a long read, but interesting. I would like to see something similar from Dean Holdsworth and Andy Scott. I know neither were well liked by the time they went, but both were probably managing against the chaos of a club in a similar mess.

I don't know much about Holdsworth, but your comment about Andy Scott is spot on. The Shots first attracted my attention because I couldn't believe a barely solvent club could overcome a 10 point deduction and remain in the Conference Nat. What was particularly noisome during that season was the incessant antipathy that numerous posters directed not only against Andy Scott but also against Chairman Azeem. In retrospect, that vituperation seems both petty and vindictive. If Scott hadn't held things together, it's questionable if the Shots would have survived yet another relegation. So, unless you're fascinated with the prospect of watching your football at Farnborough, it's time to give Andy his due.
crayfantoo

Postby crayfantoo » Tue May 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Spot on regarding Andy Scott and the Chairman 1zingo.
Andyenn

Postby Andyenn » Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 am

Good use of the word 'vituperation' too...
;-)
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am

Andyenn wrote:Good use of the word 'vituperation' too...
;-)

I had to look it up :oops:

But now I know what it means, I agree good use
Reg's corner

Postby Reg's corner » Wed May 17, 2017 7:14 pm

it kinda opens ya eye to the life of a football manager, seems like hes still suffering from the bad experience of being let down by the custodians of the club.. at least he stuck with it until it was impossible.. it just goes to show the money at our level and below is just as important as it is at the elite level which is disturbing... spose that's the world we are living in.. money buys everything.. nearly..
James Frazer

Postby James Frazer » Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Reg's corner wrote:it kinda opens ya eye to the life of a football manager, seems like hes still suffering from the bad experience of being let down by the custodians of the club.. at least he stuck with it until it was impossible.. it just goes to show the money at our level and below is just as important as it is at the elite level which is disturbing... spose that's the world we are living in.. money buys everything.. nearly..

There's some interesting figures being bandied around on the Woking board regarding wages offered to Modeste (apparently on £800 pw) and how much Billericay spend on wages (£22,000 per week).
Old Boy

Postby Old Boy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:08 pm

It certainly is a long read, but can't recall any managers saying " Its all my fault nobody else to blame but me" !!
PAUL BLUNDELL

Postby PAUL BLUNDELL » Sun May 21, 2017 3:09 pm

I suppose everybody hates Holdsworth but to be fair, we did get to play some big teams under him. Remember!
DonnyDarko2012

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:I suppose everybody hates Holdsworth but to be fair, we did get to play some big teams under him. Remember!

At what point did the fans turn against Holdsworth? Is there a simple explanation?
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 pm

When we started playing dire, unentertaining football.
Andyenn

Postby Andyenn » Mon May 22, 2017 1:42 pm

lanternhall wrote:When we started playing dire, unentertaining football.

Which was roughly when it became evident that the money was running out. Not saying that he handled the situation well (endless loanees that barely got a game for example), but that more was going on than just DH's failing hoofball strategy.

Return to “ShotsTalk”