Retrospective diving bans

Ancient Shot

Re: Retrospective diving bans

Postby Ancient Shot » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 am

I agree with Big Sam Allardyce

This can be dealt with by using instant video recording / playback.

There is no doubt the coaches and players in the "best league in the world" :roll: will work this to their advantage.

If a player dives and gets a penalty which is converted they will have to strike off the goals and change results if it's going to be run properly and that is never going to happen.

You won't get rid of the cheats this way - it has to be instant justice (for both sides).

The other problem is when the ref has got it wrong and books / sends off a player who it is later proved not to have dived. At present yellow cards can't be challenged / rescinded - is that going to change too?
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am

Fair point. If they can use playback for goal line incident, then why not for penalties for penalties?
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 am

I'm sure it will come, but for the moment it is a positive step forward by the FA, who usually take years to implement something that is obvious to others. Fans and pundits have been asking for this for a few years now and so we have got what we asked for. At least it is a step in the right direction. I don't think deducting points and taking away goals is the answer as it causes all sorts of other problems. Lets see how this pans out for the time being.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Fri May 19, 2017 11:17 am

Is this just the premier league or will it affect us in the conf.
ganesh

Postby ganesh » Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 pm

a very positive step for me and i would then add shirt pulling and all other forms of cheating.

no it can't effect the result of the day but how long would it be when the top teams are consistantly missing their top players before they actually discipline the players themselves and eventually the game would be cleaned up

as for the pundits that say he felt a touch therefore he was entitled to fall over - sack them - what kind of example is that to youngsters.

or those who say if our players get to play the game without cheating would be at a disadvantage in european competitons - so what that only affects 6 or 7 clubs most of which i don't give a monkeys about and if the national team can't win - well i'll just leave it there i was 3 when we won the world cup and don't believe it will ever happen again in my lifetime so that is not an issue

finally big sam - he earnt himself the chance of being the national team manager and then got caught telling the press how to cheat the FA's rules - no wonder he won't want this and wants to add smoke over the water
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Fri May 19, 2017 4:08 pm

That is why you have players like our KANU falling over. They have been coached that the way to win is too cheat.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 pm

The Scottish perspective :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39969813
The Ross County striker Alex Schalk incident in the highlights is particularly bad.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Sat May 20, 2017 5:42 am

I can see the point that banning the player does not help the team that he scored the penalty against but helps other teams. That supports my argument that the solution is, that the goal is taken off and the result amended accordingly. Diving would stop instantly.
Fuggletim

Postby Fuggletim » Sat May 20, 2017 8:07 am

Great move by the FA and it would be great if FIFA followed suit on this. Of course, erm FIFA is as honest as the day is long, allegedly.........

I have long argued that a "Dive" should be a Yellow card offence in itself and not as part of " Ungentlemanly Conduct" or the like, so I totally support the move.

Return to “ShotsTalk”