Retrospective diving bans

Birdman

Retrospective diving bans

Postby Birdman » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

margateshot

Re: Retrospective diving bans

Postby margateshot » Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Who do they get to answer? Steve Evans twin brother. Wouldn't know honesty if it bit him on the arse
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Does it work the other way round as well? Players booked for diving that haven't get their booking rescinded?
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Maybe referees won't be too quick to book them if they know it will get checked afterwards. Maybe they could put it in the referees report.
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Thu May 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Are they going to introduce retrospective bans for those players who successfully win a set piece by cheating the referee as well?
Ed-Shot

Postby Ed-Shot » Thu May 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I was really hoping to see something done about players waving their hands in the air pleading for a card of some colour to get an opponent punished.
Now that is really irritating, but this is also a positive step.
hepcat

Postby hepcat » Thu May 18, 2017 7:09 pm

There's always been divers-Francis Lee was the worst offender along with Rodney Marsh ; take a look at Brian Kidd's blatant dives Arsenal v WHU 1976 6-1 to Arsenal, but its got ludicrous of late. The number of penalties given is ridiculously high-I cant recall high numbers of penalties every week in the pre PL days. Maybe its too easy these days. Instant sending's off for dangerous tackles/ tackles from behind thankfully rid the game of "Characters" -better known as thugs-like Chopper Harris Tommy Smith Peter Storey Vinnie Jones Graham Souness , so a ban on divers and simulation should work.
CH

Postby CH » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

So team A's top scorer wins a penalty with a dive and his team score and win the game.

Team B lose the game and potentially down to having a defender booked or sent off.

Team A have their top scorer retrospectively banned for upcoming fixtures with teams C and D, one or both of whom are in direct battle with Team B for a promotion/play off/relegation place.

Interesting to see which sides benefit from this situation.
Josh

Postby Josh » Thu May 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Bad news for Danny Hylton. What he did tonight was outrageous. At least Luton got what they deserved. People talk about McNulty but I wouldn't want a cheat like DH playing for us again.

Should get a 5 match ban if I had my way.
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Shocking from the shovel .
Kidderminster Shots

Postby Kidderminster Shots » Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Josh wrote:Bad news for Danny Hylton. What he did tonight was outrageous. At least Luton got what they deserved. People talk about McNulty but I wouldn't want a cheat like DH playing for us again.

Should get a 5 match ban if I had my way.

To think we had Hylton & McGlashan in the same side. No wonder other teams thought we're a side that made a meal of things...

Rose tinted specs off though, we did go down very easily this season. Not just Idris either who is a blatant diver, but some of the others fell like leaves in Autumn very regularly. Drives opponents mad
Reach for the Stars

Postby Reach for the Stars » Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Read*ng are the finest exponents who have honed their ability of hitting the deck in and around the box at the slightest scent of a defender that I have seen in the last 20 years. This will take out half of their game plan. They will have to wise up quickly and adapt their coaching
Warnboro of the South

Postby Warnboro of the South » Fri May 19, 2017 1:04 am

Attention: RFTS.

Come on Hudders!
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:44 am

The unfairness of the video referee is it can only be implemented in the Premiership, retrospective punishment is by far the fairest way to go, with player bans and fines, and if this doesn't cure the problem, the drastic step of deducting points from the guilty team where the game was won due to an unfair judgement and allocated to the other side.
Unfortunately the epidemic of betting on every aspect of the game would almost certainly lead to wrong doings. I would love to know how much money is gleaned out of the economy due to betting. the answer being an exorbitant tax on betting companies.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 am

Surely the logical step if they are going to take retrospective action is that the penalty is rescinded and the result amended accordingly. Diving for penalties would immediately stop. Why only retrospective action for penalties and sending off? Why not for all dives?

Return to “ShotsTalk”