Matchday Experience Meeting

hhshots

Re: Matchday Experience Meeting

Postby hhshots » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

I emailed Laura Smith several days ago but no reply?
Somerset Shot

Postby Somerset Shot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Demolish the South Stand. Replace with covered seating the length of the pitch. Integrate the changing rooms, players' tunnel and dug-outs into the design. Include purpose built disabled seating area with decent access.

Convert the current changing rooms behind the North Stand to a modern Fan's Centre which could include restaurant, social club/bar, decent toilet facilities, food outlet (franchise?), bookie (franchise?), club shop and ticket office. The facilities could be hired out on non-match days for corporate functions, meetings, seminars etc with free parking made available behind the East Bank to make it a more attractive proposition.

Leave the East Bank exactly as it is (that can not be changed - EVER!) but always allow away supporters to use it rather than pushing them out into the rain.

Whatever happens stay at the Rec.

To enhance the away fans' match day experience and encourage more families to feel comfortable, work to stop the foul-mouthed abuse directed at them by a small minority of our own.

Introduce text vote MotM so the fans choose rather than a few sponsors. Keep a "league table" of votes to determine the Fan's Player of the Year. Gets the fans involved.

If I win the Euromillions I'll help to deliver all of the above and buy a new player or two!!
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Somerset Shot wrote:Demolish the South Stand. Replace with covered seating the length of the pitch. Integrate the changing rooms, players' tunnel and dug-outs into the design. Include purpose built disabled seating area with decent access.

Convert the current changing rooms behind the North Stand to a modern Fan's Centre which could include restaurant, social club/bar, decent toilet facilities, food outlet (franchise?), bookie (franchise?), club shop and ticket office. The facilities could be hired out on non-match days for corporate functions, meetings, seminars etc with free parking made available behind the East Bank to make it a more attractive proposition.

Leave the East Bank exactly as it is (that can not be changed - EVER!) but always allow away supporters to use it rather than pushing them out into the rain.

To enhance the away fans' match day experience and encourage more families to feel comfortable, work to stop the foul-mouthed abuse directed at them by a small minority of our own.

Introduce text vote MotM so the fans choose rather than a few sponsors. Keep a "league table" of votes to determine the Fan's Player of the Year. Gets the fans involved.

If I win the Euromillions I'll help to deliver all of the above and buy a new player or two!!

sounds brilliant
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 am

How about 23 home wins between Tuesday August 8th and April 21st, will that suffice?
Redshot66

Postby Redshot66 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 am

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Somerset Shot wrote:Demolish the South Stand. Replace with covered seating the length of the pitch. Integrate the changing rooms, players' tunnel and dug-outs into the design. Include purpose built disabled seating area with decent access.

sounds brilliant

Second that
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

South Stand :- you are going to include a bar and 'cafe' facilities within those plans, aren't you? If not, there'll be maybe 4-500 people without easy access to refreshments. And something else (as it's bound to come up), don't forget to incorporate facilities for tv cameras and commentators that don't block off supporters seats or obstruct supporters views.

East Bank :- you're not going to replace the roof with one of similar shape but to be self-supporting insofar as getting rid of the current pillars to give an unobstructed view of the pitch?
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:41 pm

The obvious area where A new stand could be built is the High Street end. The Community Stand is just 2 temporary stands joined together and the Trees would have to go but then you'd be left with a large sensible area which could incorporate a Retail, Hotel and Conference facilities, Club offices could be moved and Club Shop with Ticket Office too.the unsightly "temporary " portacabins which have been around 10 years too long, would also disappear. Video screen could be incorporated into the corner of the new Stand which could sweep around and over the Slab.
Sorry folks, I just woke up...I've just checked my pockets and I didn't buy a Lotto ticket after all....
Statto

Postby Statto » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Headley Shot wrote:The obvious area where A new stand could be built is the High Street end. The Community Stand is just 2 temporary stands joined together and the Trees would have to go but then you'd be left with a large sensible area which could incorporate a Retail, Hotel and Conference facilities, Club offices could be moved and Club Shop with Ticket Office too.the unsightly "temporary " portacabins which have been around 10 years too long, would also disappear. Video screen could be incorporated into the corner of the new Stand which could sweep around and over the Slab.
Sorry folks, I just woke up...I've just checked my pockets and I didn't buy a Lotto ticket after all....
IIRC, Brian Talbot had a similar plan during his time. I think it was also to feature a bowling alley.
Somerset Shot

Postby Somerset Shot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:07 pm

South Stand :- you are going to include a bar and 'cafe' facilities within those plans, aren't you? If not, there'll be maybe 4-500 people without easy access to refreshments. And something else (as it's bound to come up), don't forget to incorporate facilities for tv cameras and commentators that don't block off supporters seats or obstruct supporters views.

East Bank :- you're not going to replace the roof with one of similar shape but to be self-supporting insofar as getting rid of the current pillars to give an unobstructed view of the pitch?

Ok, it's work in progress you understand! Good points though - back to the drawing board.

The South Stand could finish ten metres from each corner flag with a refreshments outlet and toilet facilities built at each end. So fans come out through the back of the stand and down into a concourse below. They would then turn either left or right depending which end of the stand they are seated to reach the facilities. The TV gantry and commentators positions would need some thought although I would be inclined to push them across to the North Stand as part of the changes on that side so that the viewers see our beautiful new South Stand in every shot. Maybe the current Director's Box would be a starting point for the TV and radio brigade because the Directors would be moved across to the new stand. I wonder whether a TV gantry could be added to the top of our newly refurbished Fan's Zone so the main camera position would be above the North Stand.

I'm torn on the East Bank. The pillars are a problem but swinging from side to side to keep the ball in view is part of the experience for the regulars. If there was any change after spending a fortune on the South and North Stands then yes, maybe a new barrel roof cantilevered from the back to get rid of the pillars.

Return to “ShotsTalk”