Lucky 7s - New Season INFO, here now! JULY 2019

RC-Moderator
Site Admin
Lucky 7s - New Season INFO, here now! JULY 2019

Post by RC-Moderator » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am

Now that the Cricket World Cup (great performance from England!) and Wimbledon (great performance from Djokovic!) are over we can turn our thoughts to football once again with the new season just three weeks away!

The first week’s games are being played on 3rd August (so no Premiership matches but the Community Shield is in) - sorry but couldn’t resist putting the Shots in!

One change for this season is that the Trust have decided that the spending of fundraising initiatives will change for the foreseeable future with monies raised from such schemes going towards infrastructure and future supporter benefit instead of Boost the Budget as it did last season. Going forward the Trust will be focussing any future spending on more beneficial projects for the supporters as advised by Supporters Direct and the FSF at a recent meeting – and that includes Lucky 7s.

We ran with around about 90 players last season and I’d love to get that up to at least 100 so if you or anyone you know would like to join please let me know (on here) and I'll include you.

In case you don't know how it works, I select 7 games a week (normally 2 Premiership, and 1 each from Championship, League 1, League 2, National League and Scottish Premier but we have fun on International weekend when the odd Irish or Welsh game may appear!) and you have to predict the outcome of each - Home, Away or Draw - not actual scores. If you get all seven correct you scoop the pot which starts at just £60 as someone won over £200 just before the end of last season but goes up by £10 a week if not won. In addition you score one point for correct prediction you make and those count towards three competitions - a season-long top points scorer, a League ladder with promotion and relegation (and small prizes) every five weeks and a Cup.

The person topping the Premiership at the end of the season, the person getting most points over the full season (extremely rare this is the same person) and the Cup Winner all get £100 at the end of the season!

All of this costs just £1 a week entry fee!

If you’re interested email Dave Donovan (administrator) at lucky7s@shotstrust.co.uk

New joiners are placed at the bottom of the league ladder in the order that they join so the sooner anyone enters the higher they will start!

Here’s looking forward to a much improved season from the Shots!

http://shotstrust.co.uk/about-us/projects/lucky-7s/

Nobby
Re: Lucky 7s - Predict 7 matches every week!

Post by Nobby » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:16 am

Dave does a magnificent job of organising this and picking out some outrageously difficult fixtures to predict each week.

As reigning Premier League champion I'm throwing down the gauntlet - cum an av a go if ya fink yer ard enuff.