South Stand Bar

Vonpinkus

South Stand Bar

Postby Vonpinkus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Please please could someone at the club tell me what is going on at the bar?
No draft beer as the chillers have broken and have not been replaced so the pumps have been removed.
Hogs back Tea and some insipid other ale served from top of bar into soft plastic glasses(not sure if this is legal as no official marking on glass only one that says 1 pint so not measured as required by law,well in my day assisting at show ground bars this was needed).

Most of the tables have been removed but lots of chairs but nowhere to rest your really bad pint.

I am all for supporting the club with match day ticket and having a couple of pints during the game along with some food but I feel that we have gone backs woods this season.

The last bit today was when a couple of Guisleys supporters who were around my age (64) where not allowed to join their friends already in the bar,stopped by a steward even when the bar manager asked for them to be allowed in.After a lot of talking they where admitted.
As a club we need all the revenue possible but unless things improve myself and my mates will not be seen at the bar again at home matches.
East Bank Blue

Re: South Stand Bar

Postby East Bank Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 am

I use the bar myself and not impressed after first two home games. Club could be losing money if it's not sorted soon as well
brian bloomfield

Postby brian bloomfield » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:39 pm

I used the bar on Saturday and thought the real ale beer stocked was good but understand people's anoyance at the lack of draft larger ect
The bar is run under contract by Clarkes Caterers and I'm sure a response will be forwarded from them
Regarding the lack of tables our Chairman Shahid visited the South Stand bar also and said he would sort out the tables that had been removed by the next home game.
Duffnut

Postby Duffnut » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Clarkes caterers are only really interested in profit. Many times in the past things have been said with little to no impact especially in the south side of the ground. But then, neither side probably feels it's worth spending the money.
East Bank Blue

Postby East Bank Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Cheers for the update Brian
Lord Of The Dance

Postby Lord Of The Dance » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:26 pm

The Cafeteria is in the same state.

Was excellent with Nick but it seems "The Trus"t has given up on this one also,

You may think that with the quality of football going up the the opportunity would get better, how things change, we just love to ruin the experience.
Localshot

Postby Localshot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Lord Of The Dance wrote:
Was excellent with Nick but it seems "The Trus"t has given up on this one also,

The Trust have not given up on the cafe. Hardly their fault if no-one was available or willing to run it.
Lord Of The Dance

Postby Lord Of The Dance » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes Localshot, you are quite right, its just that you feel disappointed aftersome two months of preperation you go there and find the place decimated with no real facility available to eat anything or indeed buy anything. .I know its "The Trust" and they do care but where are our directors for support. The cafe was a good source of income under Nick
East Bank Blue

Postby East Bank Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Nick after doing a great job decided he didn't want to do it anymore. Therefore the Trust did advertise and try and get interest for somebody to run it but alas to no avail. Now it's being run by the same firm who run one of the burger oulets.
Lord Of The Dance

Postby Lord Of The Dance » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks for the info, I did not know, I imagine its Clarke who has it now
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Re. Not letting the Guisley supporters in, I asked the steward, since when have old age pensioners been a risk, could you use your common sense and let them in, I will take responsibility for any damage done, she agreed to let them in, at the same time the bar steward said they could come in.
Not having tables is a mild irritant, as is the tea and coffee going up 30p. I get the feeling the atmosphere is being purposely sabotaged.
Headley Shot

Postby Headley Shot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 pm

May be a good time to re-introduce the old Vice President's Club with a membership scheme, a proper Steward running it and Social Club ? Make it a membership scheme to help fund it and charge guest admission for Away fans and occasional visitors.
Not rocket science, just giving people what they want whilst generating a profit to run it and staff it properly.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:28 pm

shotshammo wrote:Re. Not letting the Guisley supporters in, I asked the steward, since when have old age pensioners been a risk, could you use your common sense and let them in, I will take responsibility for any damage done, she agreed to let them in, at the same time the bar steward said they could come in.
Not having tables is a mild irritant, as is the tea and coffee going up 30p. I get the feeling the atmosphere is being purposely sabotaged.

And do you genuinely think that?
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 am

Headley Shot wrote:May be a good time to re-introduce the old Vice President's Club with a membership scheme, a proper Steward running it and Social Club ? Make it a membership scheme to help fund it and charge guest admission for Away fans and occasional visitors.
Not rocket science, just giving people what they want whilst generating a profit to run it and staff it properly.

*puffs out cheeks*

Well as long as they don't revive "Beaujolais Day"! :shock: :lol:
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Birdman "Yes" You have to work at it to let it get that bad. All these conditions you can't sell burgers etc, etc. and £1.50 is too cheap for a cup of tea that cost's 10p to make. What are they paying the young girl to justify £1.80. Answers on a post card.

Return to “ShotsTalk”