Man in the Middle

Alex

Man in the Middle

Postby Alex » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 am

Saturdays referee is Alan Young. He did our 3-2 home victory against Torquay. In 4 National League games Alan has shown 16 yellows and 0 reds. Didn't do any of our league matches last season but dished out 9 reds :!: in 21 fixtures from our division.

The guy in charge of our match at Ebbsfleet on Tuesday is Adam Bromley. He's done 3 National League fixtures so far this season and given out 8 yellows and 0 reds. Last season he reffed 18 National League games including our 3-0 home win v Gateshead and our 1-1 draw at Eastleigh, showing 51 yellows and 1 red (Kellermann at Eastleigh!).

Hopefully enough of us remember/recognise the lino from Eastleigh this season that had a good laugh and joke around with us, see if he's up for more of the same the next time we come across him :lol:
aldershot-jg

Re: Man in the Middle

Postby aldershot-jg » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 am

Alan Young was very card happy against Torquay, nearly every foul was given a yellow for both teams from the get go, at least he wasn't inconsistent I suppose.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 am

aldershot-jg wrote:Alan Young was very card happy against Torquay, nearly every foul was given a yellow for both teams from the get go, at least he wasn't inconsistent I suppose.

We need to learn from that then. We can really not handle anymore suspensions
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 am

Both refs are awful. The idiot ruined the Torquay game with 6 or 7 bookings in the first half.

Bromley is from Plymouth way and an absolute tool( we came accross him at Shortwood away) . He tries to be the centre of attention and is constantly talking to players.

Fortunately I am not taking my daughter to Ebbsfleet so look forward to having a word in his ear......
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:Both refs are awful. The idiot ruined the Torquay game with 6 or 7 bookings in the first half.

Bromley is from Plymouth way and an absolute tool( we came accross him at Shortwood away) . He tries to be the centre of attention and is constantly talking to players.

Fortunately I am not taking my daughter to Ebbsfleet so look forward to having a word in his ear......

I wish to unreservedly apologise to the ref, who wasn't too bad today.
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Both refs are awful. The idiot ruined the Torquay game with 6 or 7 bookings in the first half.

I wish to unreservedly apologise to the ref, who wasn't too bad today.

Talking to yourself James :roll: :roll:
Alex

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 pm

The referee for our match at Gateshead on Saturday is Karl Evans.

He's done 4 National League matches (2 at Tranmere) so far this season showing 15 yellows and 0 reds.

Last season he did 20 National League fixtures and dished out 60 yellows with 3 reds. He was in charge of our 2-1 defeat at FGR and the season before Mr Evans reffed our humiliating 8-2 loss at Chester.
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Ref watch- wasn't a complete disaster. When Kellerman deserved his booking for pulling back an attacking player I must admit I thought he would get sent off at some stage. Fair play he didn't put a foot wrong all night.
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 pm

I think we are definitely due a win with this guy... :!:

David Rock is in charge of our match against Orient on Saturday.

This season he reffed their opening day live TV loss at Sutton and did our 1-1 draw away to Maidstone. He's had the whistle for 5 National League matches so far and shown 14 yellows.

Last season David was in the middle for our 2-2 draw at Bromley and the controversial 2-0 defeat at Sutton in which he sent off Jake Gallagher. Mr Rock showed 73 yellows and 9 reds in 25 National League matches.

2 seasons ago we lost 5-2 at Dover with David in the middle and also lost 2-1 at home to Boring Wood with Chris Barker being sent off!

During 2014/2015 we had a 1-0 home win against Nuneaton and a 2-1 away win at Woking with the same chap refereeing.
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Alex wrote:I think we are definitely due a win with this guy... :!:

David Rock is in charge of our match against Orient on Saturday.

This season he reffed their opening day live TV loss at Sutton and did our 1-1 draw away to Maidstone. He's had the whistle for 5 National League matches so far and shown 14 yellows.

Last season David was in the middle for our 2-2 draw at Bromley and the controversial 2-0 defeat at Sutton in which he sent off Jake Gallagher. Mr Rock showed 73 yellows and 9 reds in 25 National League matches.

2 seasons ago we lost 5-2 at Dover with David in the middle and also lost 2-1 at home to Boring Wood with Chris Barker being sent off!

During 2014/2015 we had a 1-0 home win against Nuneaton and a 2-1 away win at Woking with the same chap refereeing.

He was toilet at Sutton and Barker was on the wrong end of a poor decision in his final game where the ball hit his chest. In the refs defence it was one of Barry Smiths
Last home games and he was probably so bored he thought he would liven it up.
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Agree

He was shocking at Sutton!
GuyB

Postby GuyB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Alex wrote:Agree

As were we!
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:09 pm

GuyB wrote:

As were we!

True although Sutton were as shocking as us until
JG got his marching orders. It was the Lino or 4tg official who apparently saw something.......
GuyB

Postby GuyB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:
GuyB wrote:

As were we!

JG got his marching orders. It was the Lino or 4tg official who apparently saw something.......

Yes, it was not a great spectacle. I couldn't see what happened but there was talk on the day that Jake had made contact with his foot to a player who was on the ground but no idea a] if that was correct, or b] if it was correct, if it was intentional. All I could see was a scrum-like group of players on the other side of the pitch. Who would be a referee?!!
Jimmy Riddle

Postby Jimmy Riddle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 pm

GuyB wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:
GuyB wrote:
As were we!

Yes, it was not a great spectacle. I couldn't see what happened but there was talk on the day that Jake had made contact with his foot to a player who was on the ground but no idea a] if that was correct, or b] if it was correct, if it was intentional. All I could see was a scrum-like group of players on the other side of the pitch. Who would be a referee?!!

No one !! That's why they have all jumped ship and become linesmen!! Including Constantine Mousaka

Return to “ShotsTalk”