Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Charles Dickens
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:38 am

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Charles Dickens » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Clearly we have a problem with our defence which is shipping a lot of goals recently. However, not much that Gary Waddock can do other than sort it out in training, as we have few options given our current available squad of players.

I am a little bit surprised that we have sent a defender out on loan at this time?
Weybourne Shot
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Farnham

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Weybourne Shot » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:48 pm

New recruit wrote:Just a thought ...what will Maidenheads pitch look like in Feb

Something like this probably .....


https://youtu.be/PuV0gZ4V8m0
Norwich Nick
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Norwich Nick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 pm

New recruit wrote:Just a thought ...what will Maidenheads pitch look like in Feb


Something like this, perhaps?.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuV0gZ4V8m0
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Norwich Nick wrote:
New recruit wrote:Just a thought ...what will Maidenheads pitch look like in Feb


Something like this, perhaps?.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuV0gZ4V8m0


Almost identical to the pitch in the clip above this one :lol:
Shots2000
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Shots2000 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 pm

One thing I have noticed is how easy it is to score against us via a cross, one cross into our box its a 50% chance of a goal. We need to sort that out fast. And our wingers especially Fenelon need to work harder to stop the supply.
Shots till i die
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Shots till i die » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:14 pm

lanternhall wrote:
SW Shot wrote:
lanternhall wrote:Exactly. So why haven't we signed someone? Don't tell me we don't have the money because we should have.


All the Kanu money got spent on new tables in the South Stand bar didn't it?

It went somewhere and it certainly wasn't on players.


I asked this question a few weeks ago. It went down like a lead balloon with the usual suspects blithering on about it being down the back of the sofa.
lanternhall
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 am

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby lanternhall » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:39 am

Hello board. I pay to watch my football team. As well as that you ask me to help buy players with boost the budget. Fine. Where is the money from Kanu sale? Why has it not been spent on players?
Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:33 am

Hello board. I pay to watch my football team. As well as that you ask me to help buy players with boost the budget. Fine. Where is the money from Kanu sale? Why has it not been spent on players?


Hi Laternhall

You spelt board wrong, should be bored.
Vonpinkus
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Vonpinkus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 am

I enjoy reading and making the odd comments on here but the obsession with the Kanu money by certain posters is beginning to do my head in.
shotshammo
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 am

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby shotshammo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:55 am

I wasn't going to comment on the Kanu topic but I know a name that can get on your nerves.
The simple answer is, I believe certain fans donated serious money to buy him and probably have now been paid off, as were West Ham. :o
Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 am

shotshammo wrote:I wasn't going to comment on the Kanu topic but I know a name that can get on your nerves.
The simple answer is, I believe certain fans donated serious money to buy him and probably have now been paid off, as were West Ham. :o


Where did we buy Kanu from?
DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Jason wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:So Jason are you happy with Rendell & McClure up front - it's their job to score, that's their job!

The only reason we've scored a few is because of our midfielders - how good could we be with a decent striker, could be wrong but don't think Rendell has scored a league goal in 2017......


Well obviously I would like to see Rendell and McClure scoring 20+ goals a season each, however I am not blinded to the fact that actually the important thing is the team winning. Rendell and McClure may not be scoring as many goals as we all want, but actually I am sure that a lot of people can't point to many chances that either of them are missing at the moment either. That is because their contribution is about more than goals. Today two of our goals that came from midfielders as you quote is because Rendell put them on a plate for them.

Rendell and McClure are actually both quite intelligent players and take defenders out of the game, which leaves our midfield with more and better opportunities.

Are you happy that we've conceded 8 goals in the last 4 games? Are you unhappy that so many different players are contributing to our goals scored column?
A bloke sat near me said that Rendell's ONLY role nowadays is to bring the midfielders in to play. He said that he isn't being played as a striker, so his lack of goals didn't matter.
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Anon E Mouse » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:47 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:
Jason wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:So Jason are you happy with Rendell & McClure up front - it's their job to score, that's their job!

The only reason we've scored a few is because of our midfielders - how good could we be with a decent striker, could be wrong but don't think Rendell has scored a league goal in 2017......


Well obviously I would like to see Rendell and McClure scoring 20+ goals a season each, however I am not blinded to the fact that actually the important thing is the team winning. Rendell and McClure may not be scoring as many goals as we all want, but actually I am sure that a lot of people can't point to many chances that either of them are missing at the moment either. That is because their contribution is about more than goals. Today two of our goals that came from midfielders as you quote is because Rendell put them on a plate for them.

Rendell and McClure are actually both quite intelligent players and take defenders out of the game, which leaves our midfield with more and better opportunities.

Are you happy that we've conceded 8 goals in the last 4 games? Are you unhappy that so many different players are contributing to our goals scored column?
A bloke sat near me said that Rendell's ONLY role nowadays is to bring the midfielders in to play. He said that he isn't being played as a striker, so his lack of goals didn't matter.


I don't mind Rendell not being a striker if he lays off enough chances on a plate to Kellermann who goes on to score 30 goals a season. :D
Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: Faversham

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 pm

lanternhall wrote:Hello board. I pay to watch my football team. As well as that you ask me to help buy players with boost the budget. Fine. Where is the money from Kanu sale? Why has it not been spent on players?


Why don't you write a letter, or even an email to the club and ask.
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:49 pm

lanternhall wrote:Hello board. I pay to watch my football team. As well as that you ask me to help buy players with boost the budget. Fine. Where is the money from Kanu sale? Why has it not been spent on players?

Kanu stop worrying about it lanty!

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests