Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Shepperton Shot

Re: Match Day Thread vs MAIDENHEAD

Postby Shepperton Shot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Alex, stop making positive comments, it's wearing me out agreeing with you! :D
Matty

Postby Matty » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Well I thought we played Daggers off the park for 50 mins. We keep playing like this away and tighten up our home form then we will be up there near the top. Good thing is goals are coming from everywhere and our back 4 looks class. All is positive :)
86/87 Glory Year

Postby 86/87 Glory Year » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm

I just think we are plugging away and not really getting the luck at the moment. Our squad is well capable of putting a run together and challenging for the title. Don’t think we are a million miles away. Hopefully it will click very soon.
Vonpinkus

Postby Vonpinkus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Kanu went to the posh for undisclosed fee.
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:27 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:I just think we are plugging away and not really getting the luck at the moment. Our squad is well capable of putting a run together and challenging for the title. Don’t think we are a million miles away. Hopefully it will click very soon.

Couldn't agree more we're close and that's what's frustrating - little luck and the odd bad decision is costing us.

We're lucky to have GW as our manager and by far the best we've had just hope he finds a quality striker sooner rather than later as if so I honestly believe we are the best in this league.
Jason

Postby Jason » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Really not sure why every one is bemoaning our need for a striker/goal scorer. Only Dagenham & Redbridge have scored more goals than us this season!!

Today was a problem that we've seen all too often. We can't seem to defend high balls into the box from corners, throws, free kicks etc. Something we need to learn to deal with and quickly. You can't expect to win a game very often when you concede 3 goals and 3 goals that really we've made it fairly easy for them to score.
80fc

Postby 80fc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 pm

I take it from a lot of comments on here that every other team going to Maidenhead this season will be coming away with 3 points
Shots2000

Postby Shots2000 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Jason wrote:Really not sure why every one is bemoaning our need for a striker/goal scorer. Only Dagenham & Redbridge have scored more goals than us this season!!

Today was a problem that we've seen all too often. We can't seem to defend high balls into the box from corners, throws, free kicks etc. Something we need to learn to deal with and quickly. You can't expect to win a game very often when you concede 3 goals and 3 goals that really we've made it fairly easy for them to score.

Because we create so many chances and don't score
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:55 pm

So Jason are you happy with Rendell & McClure up front - it's their job to score, that's their job!

The only reason we've scored a few is because of our midfielders - how good could we be with a decent striker, could be wrong but don't think Rendell has scored a league goal in 2017......
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 pm

At home*
DH

Postby DH » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Being positive we didn't get beaten and it was good to come from behind so late but we really need to start winning games.

Maidenhead are well organised and hard working and not many teams will beat them on their own patch. Unfortunately it's the teams that do win this type awkward away game who will finish top and unless we start doing it the play offs are the best we can hope for.

Not too disappointed with that though if we do because no one will fancy playing us.

Anyway, still a long way to go yet.
Desertshot

Postby Desertshot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Alex wrote:Why so much doom and gloom :?:

We've just scored 3 goals and got a point.....

Bring on Owers, Kuhl and the Cup :!:

I'm with you Alex, I'm not quite sure why so many folk on here are downbeat either. It's still really tight at the top and it's all still to play for. We have had a run of tricky games and considering the injury problems we've had I think we are in a respectable position. As another poster has already said lets see where we are at Xmas. As far as I'm aware this is the most open the league has been. A consistent goal scorer would make a massive difference. COYS.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Oliver11 wrote:So Jason are you happy with Rendell & McClure up front - it's their job to score, that's their job!

The only reason we've scored a few is because of our midfielders - how good could we be with a decent striker, could be wrong but don't think Rendell has scored a league goal in 2017......

He has, going by memory, head in jan, ferriby in April ebbsfleet last month
Shots2000

Postby Shots2000 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:24 pm

We just need to keep going and be close to top then get everyone back, it will come we will be in top 7
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Oliver11 wrote:So Jason are you happy with Rendell & McClure up front - it's their job to score, that's their job!

He has, going by memory, head in jan, ferriby in April ebbsfleet last month

Gateshead and Wrexham away last season as well I believe were 2017.

Return to “ShotsTalk”