Torquay FA Cup thread

Disturbed Postie
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:LIKE

I didn't like it at the time, bloody painful Johan, ironically I did the same thing exactly a year earlier at Brentford in the old 3rd division, 4-1 defeat!
charlie warley
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: nearest pub

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby charlie warley » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:13 am

Does anyone know if the price of tickets for the cup game been mentioned yet, and when they maybe on sale. Cheers all
sgibbs
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby sgibbs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 am

charlie warley wrote:Does anyone know if the price of tickets for the cup game been mentioned yet, and when they maybe on sale. Cheers all


Normal matchday prices apply, on sale now
Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Mick Earls Fan Club » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Thank u men. My friend is happy and apparaently making plans should this happen.... overnight on the English riviera

Shame the 2nd round clashes with the Torquay v aldershot league game as I'm off work and birthday weekend, Wigan away in the cup would be ok I suppose!


Torquay away league game still got a chance of being played.
One of us will go out in the 4q then the winner will be playing on FAC1st round day Nov 4th and could go out.

Do don't give up on your riviera weekend yet!
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Disturbed Postie wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Thank u men. My friend is happy and apparaently making plans should this happen.... overnight on the English riviera

Shame the 2nd round clashes with the Torquay v aldershot league game as I'm off work and birthday weekend, Wigan away in the cup would be ok I suppose!


Torquay away league game still got a chance of being played.
One of us will go out in the 4q then the winner will be playing on FAC1st round day Nov 4th and could go out.

Do don't give up on your riviera weekend yet!

Don't mind it being off if it means we're in the 2nd round of the cup!
Alex
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 pm

The referee this Saturday is Christopher O'Donnell.

Mr O'Donnell was in charge of our 0-0 draw at £astl£igh back in August and he sent off Shots debutant Kodi Lyons-Foster.

Christopher reffed us once during our previous campaign, a 2-0 home win early December against Boring Wood.

Last season in 19 National League matches he showed 54 yellows and 6 reds.
Kingfield Shot
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Kingfield Shot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 am

Alex wrote:The referee this Saturday is Christopher O'Donnell.

Mr O'Donnell was in charge of our 0-0 draw at £astl£igh back in August and he sent off Shots debutant Kodi Lyons-Foster.

Christopher reffed us once during our previous campaign, a 2-0 home win early December against Boring Wood.

Last season in 19 National League matches he showed 54 yellows and 6 reds.



Is this going to happen every game? Do you have to bring up the referee and their card count. A referee does not want to have cards as he or she wants to referee a good game. A referee can only do what the players do eg Jake Gallagher ( I want a break) this should get me to miss a few games, when in truth tackles like that deserve 12 games at least. Time to bring in citing. Play properly and all goes well. The Torquay home game was of full of thick players asking for cards. You should get out more son or at least understand football and how it works. In case you don't know I used to referee before I was forced to resign from the national list because of my brain tumour. Or are you the person who asked me 'what do you know about refereeing?' Really!
80fc
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby 80fc » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:27 am

Kingfield Shot wrote:
Alex wrote:The referee this Saturday is Christopher O'Donnell.

Mr O'Donnell was in charge of our 0-0 draw at £astl£igh back in August and he sent off Shots debutant Kodi Lyons-Foster.

Christopher reffed us once during our previous campaign, a 2-0 home win early December against Boring Wood.

Last season in 19 National League matches he showed 54 yellows and 6 reds.



Is this going to happen every game? Do you have to bring up the referee and their card count. A referee does not want to have cards as he or she wants to referee a good game. A referee can only do what the players do eg Jake Gallagher ( I want a break) this should get me to miss a few games, when in truth tackles like that deserve 12 games at least. Time to bring in citing. Play properly and all goes well. The Torquay home game was of full of thick players asking for cards. You should get out more son or at least understand football and how it works. In case you don't know I used to referee before I was forced to resign from the national list because of my brain tumour. Or are you the person who asked me 'what do you know about refereeing?' Really!
i reckon it's you who need to get out a bit more, Alex is only providing us with a bit of info which I for one find interesting
Anon E Mouse
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 am

I know we get quite a few sending off's but the amount of times we get the ref's of our games that have recently sent one of our players off is amazing.
Still at least he can't send KLF off this weekend.
CH
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:31 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby CH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am

Let's go for this

Cole

Alexander
Evans
Reynolds
Arthur

Oyeleke
Kellermann
McDonnell

Fenelon
Robert

Mclure

Subs (7in the cup?): Smith, de Havilland, Rendell, Okojie, Rowe, (Fowler, bozier)
Ancient Shot
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Ancient Shot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am

Kingfield Shot wrote:
Alex wrote:The referee this Saturday is Christopher O'Donnell.

Mr O'Donnell was in charge of our 0-0 draw at £astl£igh back in August and he sent off Shots debutant Kodi Lyons-Foster.

Christopher reffed us once during our previous campaign, a 2-0 home win early December against Boring Wood.

Last season in 19 National League matches he showed 54 yellows and 6 reds.



Is this going to happen every game? Do you have to bring up the referee and their card count. A referee does not want to have cards as he or she wants to referee a good game. A referee can only do what the players do eg Jake Gallagher ( I want a break) this should get me to miss a few games, when in truth tackles like that deserve 12 games at least. Time to bring in citing. Play properly and all goes well. The Torquay home game was of full of thick players asking for cards. You should get out more son or at least understand football and how it works. In case you don't know I used to referee before I was forced to resign from the national list because of my brain tumour. Or are you the person who asked me 'what do you know about refereeing?' Really!


TBH Eamon. I think Alex is only copying and pasting Rob Worrall's match preview info from the Tool
Alex
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Alex » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

CH wrote:Let's go for this

Cole

Alexander
Evans
Reynolds
Arthur

Oyeleke
Kellermann
McDonnell

Fenelon
Robert

Mclure

Subs (7in the cup?): Smith, de Havilland, Rendell, Okojie, Rowe, (Fowler, bozier)


Do we know if the loanees can play :?:

McClure could still be injured :?: If we are to have a lone frontman I'd start Okojie.

Ancient Shot wrote:
Kingfield Shot wrote:
Alex wrote:The referee this Saturday is Christopher O'Donnell.

Mr O'Donnell was in charge of our 0-0 draw at £astl£igh back in August and he sent off Shots debutant Kodi Lyons-Foster.

Christopher reffed us once during our previous campaign, a 2-0 home win early December against Boring Wood.

Last season in 19 National League matches he showed 54 yellows and 6 reds.



Is this going to happen every game? Do you have to bring up the referee and their card count. A referee does not want to have cards as he or she wants to referee a good game. A referee can only do what the players do eg Jake Gallagher ( I want a break) this should get me to miss a few games, when in truth tackles like that deserve 12 games at least. Time to bring in citing. Play properly and all goes well. The Torquay home game was of full of thick players asking for cards. You should get out more son or at least understand football and how it works. In case you don't know I used to referee before I was forced to resign from the national list because of my brain tumour. Or are you the person who asked me 'what do you know about refereeing?' Really!


TBH Eamon. I think Alex is only copying and pasting Rob Worrall's match preview info from the Tool


I do the research (not difficult) myself, make up a few lines then post.
Rob actually mentioned me on the radio commentary a few games ago (think it was Gateshead or Ebbsfleet as I couldn't attend so was listening) and admitted he got the referee info from my ShotsTalk post on that occasion and was greatful for it.

Obviously some find it boring and/or unnecessary so I won't bother anymore.

Kingfield Shot (and any others who don't like me doing it) can just wait for Rob's match preview (which is very good btw) and rely on him or someone else to include info about our matchday officials.

I apologise for caring/trying to be helpful!
Last edited by Alex on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: Faversham

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Alex, pick your toys up old boy. One person is saying they're not interested but equally you have had more than one person saying they are interested.

By your logic every player you have slated would have packed it in after you have written them off, Robert included.

Rob and others enjoy it so carry on.
Chobham Shot
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Chobham Shot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Alex wrote:
CH wrote:Let's go for this

Cole

Alexander
Evans
Reynolds
Arthur

Oyeleke
Kellermann
McDonnell

Fenelon
Robert

Mclure

Subs (7in the cup?): Smith, de Havilland, Rendell, Okojie, Rowe, (Fowler, bozier)


Do we know if the loanees can play :?:

McClure could still be injured :?: If we are to have a lone frontman I'd start Okojie.

Ancient Shot wrote:
Kingfield Shot wrote:

Is this going to happen every game? Do you have to bring up the referee and their card count. A referee does not want to have cards as he or she wants to referee a good game. A referee can only do what the players do eg Jake Gallagher ( I want a break) this should get me to miss a few games, when in truth tackles like that deserve 12 games at least. Time to bring in citing. Play properly and all goes well. The Torquay home game was of full of thick players asking for cards. You should get out more son or at least understand football and how it works. In case you don't know I used to referee before I was forced to resign from the national list because of my brain tumour. Or are you the person who asked me 'what do you know about refereeing?' Really!


TBH Eamon. I think Alex is only copying and pasting Rob Worrall's match preview info from the Tool


I do the research (not difficult) myself, make up a few lines then post.
Rob actually mentioned me on the radio commentary a few games ago (think it was Gateshead or Ebbsfleet as I couldn't attend so was listening) and admitted he got the referee info from my ShotsTalk post on that occasion and was greatful for it.

Obviously some find it boring and/or unnecessary so I won't bother anymore.

Kingfield Shot (and any others who don't like me doing it) can just wait for Rob's match preview (which is very good btw) and rely on him or someone else to include info about our matchday officials.

I apologise for caring/trying to be helpful!


With that logic Alex, you shouldn't post anything at all!
Fuggletim
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am
Location: Whitehill

Re: Torquay FA Cup thread

Postby Fuggletim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't always take much notice or interest in what Alex posts and if I am not interested I just ignore it.

However the Ref thing is quite interesting and given the obsession some on here havevabout the standards of refereeing in the Conference, I would have thought quite a few think the same. Carry on Alex.

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andym, billyboy, Bing [Bot], Disturbed Postie, Google [Bot], SamShot and 30 guests