Kanu transfer money

slaphead

Re: Kanu transfer money

Postby slaphead » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm

lanternhall wrote:Ok. Read posts. Simple question. Board what happened to the money. If you are saving it for a rainy day. Fine. Tell the fans. Because untill you do. I have doubts.

Why do you think you have a right to know where any money/profit went? Simple question.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Ok. Read posts. Simple question. Board what happened to the money. If you are saving it for a rainy day. Fine. Tell the fans. Because untill you do. I have doubts.

End of financial year accounts will show ALL monies in and out, shareholders will get first looking. Seeing Kanu is the only player we have sold in last two years it'll be feasible to assume if we show a big spike in incomings then most of that will be likely the Kanu money. That will give you an approx.

How monies spent again will be in that report. The only lining of pockets would be repayment of any loans.

However, seeing some folk cannot understand the rulings in legal terms of undisclosed fees, prefer to make wild accusations and even wilder assumptions, NOTHING will stop them boring most of us to death.
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:17 pm

lanternhall wrote: Tell the fans.

Most of the fans (with two exceptions on this message board which in no way is representative of the majority of fans) seem happy so please don't speak for all of us

Being a one trick pony you should take the advice of others on here and write / e mail the club and ask directly and when you get your reply you can stop worrying (or is it stirring?)
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 pm

What happened to the money we got from York for dale banton 33 years ago?
Fuggletim

Postby Fuggletim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Whilst we are on he subject, what happened with the money from the FA Cup 3rd Round ties at West Ham in 1991 ( original game + replay)? :lol: :lol: ........

Actually, what did happen to it as we were bankrupt just over a year later?
ACA

Postby ACA » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 pm

lanternhall wrote:Ok. Read posts. Simple question. Board what happened to the money. If you are saving it for a rainy day. Fine. Tell the fans. Because untill you do. I have doubts.

Applying the same approach you take to artificial pitches, surely a club that spends transfer money would be gaining an unfair advantage and would consequently be CHEATING...
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Various directors including the current boards have pumped money into the club in recent years, and overall it probably adds up to a pretty hefty six-figure sum. If some of these people have had some of their investments paid back with the Kanu money, there would be no complaints from me. As said above, we need to give this topic a rest and if certain individuals have an issue then let them take it to the club directly.
sgibbs

Postby sgibbs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Peterborough requested it be an undisclosed fee. Nothing to do with ATFC. Sorry.
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 am

Don't apologise Steve, the bloke is a plonker.
Vonpinkus

Postby Vonpinkus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 am

Time to draw the line in the sand. Lanternhall now has an official response from the club. I just hope he is satisfied.
Thanks for your response Mr Gibbs and no need to be sorry as it was what most posters on here have been trying to tell Lanternhall.
margateshot

Postby margateshot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:27 pm

This subject comes up year after year at every club. The reason clubs do not like to disclose how much they got for a player is that they don't want other clubs and agents to know. Say we got a large amount for Kanu, every club that Gary approaches for a player after that will inflate the price, as they know how much the club has to spend. Its not rocket science. This decision was made by Peterborough anyway, probably for the same reason. As for the fans, we do not have a God forgiven right to know every business decision that the board makes. It is a business, how would you like it Lanterhall if we asked you do with your wages every month?
sgibbs

Postby sgibbs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:Don't apologise Steve

I wasn't...
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

:lol:
posh shot

Postby posh shot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

As both a Shots and Posh supporter (it's a long story) based in Peterborough I thought you might like to hear the local views on Kanu. His attitude is seen as a positive, couple of nice touches but.. that is about it at the moment. He was given a chance after injury to Morias but missed some good chances (as incidentally Ricky Miller has too). Kanu has scored in the Posh reserves but wouldn't be surprised if he was soon out on loan. Five out of ten generally his post game ratings.
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:37 pm

slaphead wrote:

Why do you think you have a right to know where any money/profit went? Simple question.

Because I pay money to watch my football team.

Return to “ShotsTalk”