Walking Football

Aldershot Gas

Re: Walking Football

Postby Aldershot Gas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Localshot wrote:Are they allowed to set one up just for one type of community. Surely it should be available for all from the outset as will be the eventual intention. Strikes me that integration is not on the agenda for the Nepalese..

... just like the Brits living on the Cost del Sol.

Sorry too talk politics - there is a very BIG difference - the Brits on the Costa have brought money into the area and the region is still affluent.....unlike Aldershot now.
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

ManilaBomber wrote:Did you guys know that the England walking football manager is a lifelong Shots fan

Didn't he feature in the fairly recent Barclays ad on the tv ?
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Localshot wrote:Are they allowed to set one up just for one type of community. Surely it should be available for all from the outset as will be the eventual intention. Strikes me that integration is not on the agenda for the Nepalese..

Yup; you'd think so. But then this is a lefty world we live in these days...
20-3-92

Postby 20-3-92 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:Sorry too talk politics - there is a very BIG difference - the Brits on the Costa have brought money into the area and the region is still affluent.....unlike Aldershot now.

how empty would the town centre would be if it WASN'T for the Nepalese shops? and didn't they put 10 grand into the club? not sure we can question their affluence in our position
Johnboy

Postby Johnboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
ManilaBomber wrote:Did you guys know that the England walking football manager is a lifelong Shots fan

C.R.A.P (Cove Rapidly Ageing Pensioners) are the team featured in the Barclays ad. Walking Football has become one of the fastest growing sports in the UK. Cove have over 100 registered players and a lot of them attend Aldershot games every week. The list of players include some of the clubs sponsors. The teams also play in major European Tournaments as well as some local ones.
If anyone is interested in joining in, we play at Cove Football Club 3 sessions a week on the 4G. Mondays 10-11.00am, Friday Mornings 10-11.00am and Friday evenings 8-9.00pm.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/walkingfoot ... community/
TracoShot

Postby TracoShot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 pm

There's is already a walking football team based in Aldershot - Retro Rangers.

We train/play on a Monday evening at StJosephs School from 7.00 to 8.30 and enter tournaments on a regular basis although this is totally optional.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll provide further information.
richnjulie

Postby richnjulie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

Sounds fun what's the minimum age?
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Johnboy wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:

C.R.A.P (Cove Rapidly Ageing Pensioners) are the team featured in the Barclays ad. Walking Football has become one of the fastest growing sports in the UK. Cove have over 100 registered players and a lot of them attend Aldershot games every week. The list of players include some of the clubs sponsors. The teams also play in major European Tournaments as well as some local ones.
If anyone is interested in joining in, we play at Cove Football Club 3 sessions a week on the 4G. Mondays 10-11.00am, Friday Mornings 10-11.00am and Friday evenings 8-9.00pm.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/walkingfoot ... community/

You're older than you look :lol:
Johnboy

Postby Johnboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm

I'll take that as a compliment ol' ancient one!
Brooklands Shot

Postby Brooklands Shot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 pm

I play for team based in Wellington, Somerset not New Zealand. I wonder if teams from Aldershot area would be interested in including a visit to us for a game during a South West tour. Just a thought. PM me if interested to see if we could get something organised next year.
TracoShot

Postby TracoShot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 pm

There is no minimum or maximum age.

The only restrictions come about in the tournaments which are usually restricted to minimum 50 plus.

If anyone would like any further information or want to give it a try please send me a PM.

Return to “ShotsTalk”