Walking Football

DH
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Walking Football

Postby DH » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 am

I guess it's good news that the Shots Foundation are setting up a walking football session for the local Nepalise community. But is there a set up for other local people?

Not a dig just curious as I play walking football up here in Northants and it's brilliant for us oldies.
DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am

It'd be nice if they set one up for all races, creeds, etc - that would encourage integration.
jonty
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby jonty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:16 pm

DonnyDarko2012 wrote:It'd be nice if they set one up for all races, creeds, etc - that would encourage integration.


Very well said
sgibbs
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: Walking Football

Postby sgibbs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Mark is currently setting up a Walking Football project for everybody within the community - he was asked directly to also set one up for the Nepalese community but the aim is that some will join both.
Ancient Shot
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby Ancient Shot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

DD shot down again :)
ManilaBomber
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:11 am
Location: Manila Philippines

Re: Walking Football

Postby ManilaBomber » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Did you guys know that the England walking football manager is a lifelong Shots fan
Disturbed Postie
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby Disturbed Postie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:10 pm

ManilaBomber wrote:Did you guys know that the England walking football manager is a lifelong Shots fan

As I've started going out lately I didn't know that so thank you!
DH
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby DH » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm

sgibbs wrote:Mark is currently setting up a Walking Football project for everybody within the community - he was asked directly to also set one up for the Nepalese community but the aim is that some will join both.


That's great news. I would urge any oldies who frequent this board to give it a go. It really is terrific.
DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:DD shot down again :)
Not at all Ancient! It's no wonder people give up posting on here when all they get is snide remarks!
DonnyDarko2012
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby DonnyDarko2012 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

sgibbs wrote:Mark is currently setting up a Walking Football project for everybody within the community - he was asked directly to also set one up for the Nepalese community but the aim is that some will join both.
I bet they still wont come to support the Shots, though! Cue snide remark from Ancient!
Localshot
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:31 am

Re: Walking Football

Postby Localshot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Are they allowed to set one up just for one type of community. Surely it should be available for all from the outset as will be the eventual intention. Strikes me that integration is not on the agenda for the Nepalese..
Mytshot
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett

Re: Walking Football

Postby Mytshot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Localshot wrote:Are they allowed to set one up just for one type of community. Surely it should be available for all from the outset as will be the eventual intention. Strikes me that integration is not on the agenda for the Nepalese..


... just like the Brits living on the Cost del Sol.
James Frazer
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Alexandra Park

Re: Walking Football

Postby James Frazer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Mytshot wrote:
Localshot wrote:Are they allowed to set one up just for one type of community. Surely it should be available for all from the outset as will be the eventual intention. Strikes me that integration is not on the agenda for the Nepalese..


... just like the Brits living on the Cost del Sol.

And I wonder how they all voted in the great debate (prepares to don tin helmet and hide in bunker).
EV
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby EV » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm

How about the ladies, do they get an opportunity ? Would men oppose a mixed team ?
DH
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Re: Walking Football

Postby DH » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:42 pm

EV wrote:How about the ladies, do they get an opportunity ? Would men oppose a mixed team ?


We've had women playing for us in the past. Some of them better than the men! Not got any at the moment though.

Return to “ShotsTalk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests