Manny's Tackle

CH

Re: Manny's Tackle

Postby CH » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Not worth an appeal on that evidence. I still don't believe it's a red card offence however.
chimpster99

Postby chimpster99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Did the challenge deserve a red card? Probably not.

Is the video clear cut enough to absolve Manny in the eyes of a review panel? Probably not.

Time to move on.
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Just seen it again and this time on the BT Sport National League highlights show from a camera angle in the South Stand. Poor 2 footed lunge (not high) but still dangerous if you're on the wrong end of it. Deserved a red, for sure.

Our first goal looked impressive on TV. The final touch before Shamir headed home came from a Fylde player but some very nice passing and build-up play leading up to that touch!

The Fylde equaliser wasn't shown... :lol:

Clever flick from Captain Colossus (not Rendell as previously thought, even Will said it was Rens!) from the McDonnell free kick to set up Evans winning goal.
Last edited by Alex on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Just seen the National League highlights as well, still not convinced that it was a red card challenge or two footed. Was made to look much worse by Fylde player overstretching then his dramatic tuck and roll.

Agree that it’s likely not to get overturned and we have to accept Manny will miss 3 games, just very frustrating.
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 pm

It was clear he lunged a bit with everything off the ground and you just cannot do that :!:
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm

As my mate bovis always says it was a red coz the ref sent him off, simple as!
fredandballou

Postby fredandballou » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Viewed from the North stand Many did play the ball. He's never has been the type of player who does tackles with red card intent. I am also of the view that ref 's if they have made a decision they are not 100% sure of they will consciously or sub consciously like to even things up. Gary should appeal.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 am

From numerous angles now watched you can see the tackle was made two footed BUT both feet firmly on the ground and first contact was directly with ball not player, that came after ball was won. In my mind not even a yellow card offence let alone red. But as always Ref has to make his decision based on what he thought he saw and I'm guessing he saw it as an aggressive lunge. Cannot see it being appealed unless Gary had some type of feedback from Ref who may have said would look at again via video footage.

By the way ......... thought Donnydarko may have had words with this threads Title ....... :lol:
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:From numerous angles now watched you can see the tackle was made two footed BUT both feet firmly on the ground and first contact was directly with ball not player, that came after ball was won. In my mind not even a yellow card offence let alone red. But as always Ref has to make his decision based on what he thought he saw and I'm guessing he saw it as an aggressive lunge. Cannot see it being appealed unless Gary had some type of feedback from Ref who may have said would look at again via video footage.

By the way ......... thought Donnydarko may have had words with this threads Title ....... :lol:

Careful now Jim, you'll be locked up :lol:
Aldershot_Rob

Postby Aldershot_Rob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Not convinced it was a red personally..

On a separate note, the crowding of the ref during the game at times was embarrassing. I know the ref was poor but players don't help themselves at times.
Malmesbury Shot

Postby Malmesbury Shot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Weirdly- of all the footage. the best i've seen of the tackle so far is from the young blogger in the other thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDn_9j_Syj0

Well done young man!

(If you want to use a video to appeal- I'd pick this one. No red!)
Shot through (& throu

Postby Shot through (& throu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

When played at 0.25 speed, it does look harsh to me.
slaphead

Postby slaphead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Shot through (& throu wrote:When played at 0.25 speed, it does look harsh to me.

Ref gets one look at full speed though. Whatever angle you look at it, it is two footed. Whether they are on the ground, off the ground or one off one on, it is two footed. Which begs the question, given that kind of challenge has been outlawed for a good 5 years, what does it say of a players intelligence that they still give the ref the chance two send them off?
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Shirley any sliding tackle is two footed?

One leg must be sliding while the other gets the ball?
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 pm

2 footed tackle dangerous all day all year all century long, if I was still playing I'd get sent off for retaliation, also we weren't in a dangerous situation when manny made the tackle!

Return to “ShotsTalk”