Manny's Tackle

slaphead

Re: Manny's Tackle

Postby slaphead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:Shirley any sliding tackle is two footed?

One leg must be sliding while the other gets the ball?

I was always coached to lead with one foot whilst sliding in one the other leg totally under control. Lead with both feet and it’s nothing other than dangerous.
CH

Postby CH » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm not sure what else Manny was supposed to do? Fylde break away quickly, and the ball momentarily breaks loose. Manny comes in from 90 degrees and has to stretch and give 100% commitment to reach the ball. Failure to do so and the break is well and truly on as we are committed upfield. Manny does everything he is supposed to do and gets sent off.
jonty

Postby jonty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Not convinced it was a red card
tonygodfrey

Postby tonygodfrey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Malmesbury Shot wrote:Weirdly- of all the footage. the best i've seen of the tackle so far is from the young blogger in the other thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDn_9j_Syj0

Well done young man!

(If you want to use a video to appeal- I'd pick this one. No red!)

Great vlog and we'll done indeed. Not much help an appeal though......still shows it as 2 footed and ref is quite entitled to issue a red. Whether the tackler gets the ball or not is irrelevant and the key is the potential forceful and dangerous contact with another player.
slaphead

Postby slaphead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Quite simply, if the situation was reversed and it was a Fylde player going in on one of ours like that, everybody, but everybody, on here would be screaming for a red and then whining if it wasn’t given.
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 pm

CH wrote:I'm not sure what else Manny was supposed to do? Fylde break away quickly, and the ball momentarily breaks loose. Manny comes in from 90 degrees and has to stretch and give 100% commitment to reach the ball. Failure to do so and the break is well and truly on as we are committed upfield. Manny does everything he is supposed to do and gets sent off.

He didn't need to go in two-footed. He had time to take the ball with a one-footed 'slide' tackle.
Shot in Devon

Postby Shot in Devon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm

As the good Doc would say "I'm old scool and not a RED for me" Please note this is only my opinion COYS.
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

slaphead wrote:Quite simply, if the situation was reversed and it was a Fylde player going in on one of ours like that, everybody, but everybody, on here would be screaming for a red and then whining if it wasn’t given.

100% with you slaphead
Ed-Shot

Postby Ed-Shot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 pm

So Mr Gibbs, are we appealing?
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Ed-Shot wrote:So Mr Gibbs, are we appealing?

Well, we are to some people, to others, not so.
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Manny can't have any arguments it was two footed and dangerous - yet again a needless time for a tackle of that nature and if he couldn't get there safely should've stayed on his feet and contained the play.

This thread is now closed :lol:
Kingfield Shot

Postby Kingfield Shot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 am

aldershot-jg wrote:https://twitter.com/kappadeano/status/929472858069389312

Nope sorry Alex never a red.

When the Fylde player got sent off, I said at the time that their player was going for punching Fowler on the head, and it was well seen by the assistant referee. Strangely enough you can not do that in football and off he went after seeing the colour of card, and without protesting. On Manny's tackle can you definitely say to me that Manny was in control of his body? The answer is No he was not. When your toes face the stars and you have straight legs, with your body right behind them. Upon contacting the opponent you are out of the game and three more to follow. His pathetic decision to attempt that course of action could have cost us to lose the game and not even get a point. I suggest me laddo that you take a referees course and learn the laws of the game, followed by the FIFA advice with challenges like that. If you think that the late lateral challenge is acceptable then you are wrong, and now you have forced me to agree with Alex. Finally The referee did not have a great game, but had a decent good game and certainly met my criteria for a performance. When you referee firstly you are a team and the key is to get 95% of your decisions correct, from throw ins, corners, goal kicks and even making subs correctly. Get these right, so when you hand out red cards and penalties the players accept it better. So please could you actually tell what he got wrong! All referees get the odd thing wrong, but all the cards dished last week for both sides was completely justified in a difficult game when the players did not learn. Perhaps you were one of people who asked me "What do you know about refereeing?" Then to my surprise you went missing as everything you thought about the referee was wrong and you probably did not like being owned! Don't forget I had the big cojones to give it go and managed to get to quite a high level and might still being doing it, if it was not for my tumour turning up, forcing me to resign. The good thing about that is I get to see the Shots every game, home and away. Only missed Barrow which was very disappointing.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 am

Hi Kingfielder, interesting Ref point read .... BUT ... in which case all Ref's need to be far more consistent. Watching the Donnny v Rotherham game prior to ours, there was a far more robust two footed challenge made which did not result in a booking, foul nor even a lecture. The player who came off worst simply jumped back up, dusted himself down and got on with the game. No girlie rolling around, no players swamping The Ref demanding cards to be waved.

There is a huge difference in tackling when the ball is won first and a carry through occurs after and in my most humble of opinions they should bear that in mind before deciding if it was a lunge at player badly timed or not. I believe in Manny's case the Ref should have just quietly stood over Fylde player and whispered "do me a favour, I've seen po**o stars go down quicker than that !!!"

I remember the days of getting two footed tackles that resulted in my thighs, knees and even b**ls getting stud marks left. At best the Ref would warn offending player, "one more like that and you're in the book" ... And I was left doing a stocktake to make sure I still had two left before continuing playing.

Old School me :lol:
shotshammo

Postby shotshammo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

Re. Dr Jim's comment "in which case all Ref's need to be far more consistent"
2 points. Firstly as you go up the leagues the Ref's arguably get better and secondly each division has it's own style of acceptability re what is a foul and what is not. For example there is a lot more spoiling the further you go up the league, the players are well versed in what they can and what they can't get away with. It's been a long time coming but at last the tugging of shirts is now a bookable offence. The feigning injury is frowned upon by good refs and players are warned that a repeat will end up with a card. We should expect at our level that ref's are not the complete package, like we do players.
The fact that opinions are divided 50/50 shows how difficult the decision was and that is in hindsight which can be a wonderful thing. :)
P.S. The fact the motionless,injured player gets up and sprints up the field a minute later should be noted by all refs, as is noticed by the top ones. I personally am not a lover of gamesmanship and hate cheats.
Last edited by shotshammo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Rust

Postby Ian Rust » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 am

Oliver11 wrote:Manny can't have any arguments it was two footed and dangerous - yet again a needless time for a tackle of that nature and if he couldn't get there safely should've stayed on his feet and contained the play.

This thread is now closed :lol:

Just to get the last word in.......

IT WASN'T EVEN A FOUL!

Return to “ShotsTalk”