The Chairman

dartmouth

The Chairman

Postby dartmouth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

A group of 14 of us watched the game from the Sponsors box at Torquay. As they were unable to find a match sponsor they asked us to pick the MOM. Wouldn't let us choose an Aldershot player though!
Some thoughts on the Torquay set up in 10 's Restaurant and Hospitality. Food was very good and the welcome very friendly. Not sure if they have a Commercial Manager, if they do he didn't make himself known. They lack organisation and made us realise how lucky we are to have Mark Butler and how professional the Shots are in that direction.

It was Shahids' birthday , he came and found us and shared his birthday cake wih us. He is a really decent approachable man, who clearly knows his football and has great enthusiasm for the club.
The pitch at plainmoor looked very small to me and I was struck by the large number of stewards in attendance.
steveshot

Re: The Chairman

Postby steveshot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 pm

A belated happy birthday wish Shahid :D
dalinz

Postby dalinz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm

steveshot wrote:A belated happy birthday wish Shahid :D

I bet he's gutted - should have gone out in the Quay with the Postie and they could have celebrated their birthdays together...
Bill

Postby Bill » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:05 pm

thats really interesting feedback Dartmouth, nice to hear about Shahid, hopefully the whole club is progressing together!
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Hope you told him to get his wallet out, doesn’t he know that there are players we need to sign and a ground that needs drastic work that needs doing? PULL YOUR FINGER OUT CHAIRMAN!!!! :lol:
James Frazer

Postby James Frazer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Was the Kanu money hidden in his birthday cake ?
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm

James Frazer wrote:Was the Kanu money hidden in his birthday cake ?

It wasn't when we had a few slices this morning during our elevenses. :D
WozzaSHOT

Postby WozzaSHOT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Always a good conversation when I've talked with him and think he's tried to engage with all fans in as many ways as possible.

I've even seen him in the East Bank, I dont think he has attended this year, but he is welcome.

Obviously if he does attend he will be on the "Right Side"...
Anon E Mouse

Postby Anon E Mouse » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:06 pm

WozzaSHOT wrote:Always a good conversation when I've talked with him and think he's tried to engage with all fans in as many ways as possible.

I've even seen him in the East Bank, I dont think he has attended this year, but he is welcome.

Obviously if he does attend he will be on the "Right Side"...

Also saw him away at Shrewsbury and Maidstone in with the fans :)
AberdeenShots

Postby AberdeenShots » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Had the pleasure of a couple of conversations with him and found him to be a fantastic gentleman.
Arnie

Postby Arnie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 pm

I dropped the auctioned shirts for Boost the Budget into the club on Tuesday and duly parked the van outside the Rec to deliver into the club shop / front office. I soon heard a "you can't park that there!" which was from our Chairman who shook my hand, knew all about my plan to donate to the scheme and spoke to me at length about how it had all gone before thanking me for the contribution.

I knew the late, great John McGinty very well and spent a lot of time in his wonderful company. Different era, different people and unfair to compare the two but I think we have a very good man 'in charge' here and long may it continue!
Ancient Shot

Postby Ancient Shot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Couldn't agree more Arnie

Often see him at games, home and away, and he loves mixing with us common folk and is always up for a chat about anything

No airs and graces and comes across as genuine
Chobham Shot

Postby Chobham Shot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Agree with the sentiments above. I have found Shahid very approachable. If only those with an axe to grind would take the time to actually speak with him. We can but hope!
Chobham Shot

Postby Chobham Shot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:12 pm

And well done Arnie with your initiative in supporting the club in this way. Great effort!
latimeralder

Postby latimeralder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm

I have always found Shahid to be very approachable, easy to talk to and a true Shots fan.

And I wonder if those who have never bothered to seek him out but merely snipe at him from the sidelines contribute as much effort, time or money as he does to keep the ATFC show on the road?

Somehow I doubt it.

Return to “ShotsTalk”