Trust coach to Orient is SOLD OUT

Shots Supporters Trust

Trust coach to Orient is SOLD OUT

Postby Shots Supporters Trust » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Update Sat 13th - NUMBERS ARE GOOD - this is definitely running....

The Supporters Trust are running a coach to Leyton Orient. £15 for members, £18 for non-members. Leaving 1145am on Sat 27th Jan.

http://shotstrust.co.uk/away-travel/tru ... nterested/
Last edited by Shots Supporters Trust on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Re: Trust to run a coach to Orient ! Book NOW....

Postby RC-Moderator » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 am

Seats are selling nicely - please book as soon as you can so we have a clear view on numbers
Shots Supporters Trust

Re: Trust coach to Orient is CONFIRMED ! Book NOW....

Postby Shots Supporters Trust » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 pm

We have reached break even point (about two thirds full). Any extra money raised will now go to Boost The Budget....

Think about that - why give your money to South West Trains when you can get a door-to-door coach and the money go back into the club !
Localshot

Postby Localshot » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Shots Supporters Trust wrote:We have reached break even point (about two thirds full). Any extra money raised will now go to Boost The Budget....

Think about that - why give your money to South West Trains when you can get a door-to-door coach and the money go back into the club !

This is why the Trust is not for me. Any profit should not be given to Boost The Budget but retained by The Trust. Maybe for long term ventures but not for instant gratification. Surely that is not the aim of The Trust.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm

I think the point that the trust are making is that now the costs are covered the coach can run whether any more people book or not but it would be nice to fill it. As far as I am aware the Trust do not try and make a profit out of Away Travel, if on this occasion they were to simply bank any extra revenue that would do nothing to attract additional passengers onto the Coach.

So someone obviously with a bit of an understanding about what is important to fans at this particular moment in time has thought how best to encourage people to get off the trains and their cars onto the coach and the one desire that everyone currently shares is to give Gary as much extra funding as possible to get in the players we need to make that final push and get back into the League.

At a different time I might accept that saving for the future can have its merits but right now Boost The Budget, The 500 Club and any other fundraising opportunities to help get us over the line and back in the League should be the first choice of all of us.
Localshot

Postby Localshot » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Surely that is not the principles on which The Trust came into being. We ,on this basis, are back to the Supporters Club model.
Richard Petty

Postby Richard Petty » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 pm

I see where you are coming from Localshot but surely the issue (rightly or wrongly) that some people had with the old supporters club was that it just used to hand over money to the club to be used for the general upkeep of the club which is not the case here.

This suggestion of the trusts I would have said fits perfectly with the trust principles. It is a specific donation in support of current fundraising being carried out by supporters including trust members solely to benefit the "On field activities" and the target of promotion to League Two by assisting the manager to bring in additional players that can help us achieve that goal.
steveclivebaker

Postby steveclivebaker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:24 pm

We are so quiet we must be ALDERSHOT.
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Shots Supporters Trust wrote:We have reached break even point (about two thirds full). Any extra money raised will now go to Boost The Budget....

SWT you'd struggle now :lol: Hope you sell out though.
test1

Postby test1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:37 pm

LowerBourneShot - very smart. Old habits die hard. South Western Railways. I really should know better given some family links!

FYI ALL - we are down to the last dozen or so seats - please do book as soon as possible if you are able to travel with us
lowerbourneshot

Postby lowerbourneshot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 pm

test1 wrote:LowerBourneShot - very smart. Old habits die hard. South Western Railways. I really should know better given some family links!

FYI ALL - we are down to the last dozen or so seats - please do book as soon as possible if you are able to travel with us

That's great too hear .
Shots Supporters Trust

Postby Shots Supporters Trust » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 am

We are down to just 10 seats remaining for Leyton Orient - please book urgently if you want to travel with us for just £15/£18.

http://shotstrust.co.uk/away-travel/tru ... nterested/
BillB

Re: Trust coach to Orient is Nearly FULL, 10 seats left! Book NOW....

Postby BillB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 am

If you could pick me up from Faro, I'd be interested....... Oh well let's hope I can get the radio commentary?
RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Re: Trust coach to Orient is Nearly FULL, fewer than 5 seats left! Book NOW....

Postby RC-Moderator » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Last few seats remaining ....
RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Re: Trust coach to Orient is SOLD OUT

Postby RC-Moderator » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 pm

FRIDAY LUNCHTIME UPDATE - now sold out.

Polite reminder for those that owe cash or cheques to bring via Ebbsfleet or risk losing their seat.

Return to “ShotsTalk”