Mensah

richnjulie

Re: Mensah

Postby richnjulie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 pm

86/87 Glory Year wrote:Good if we could get a Bristol Rovers player as well.

£100,000
25% Sell On
Bristol Rovers Player

Yep that would of been good he is worth less than half of that. I would think 40k tops decent at this level he was out of contract in the summer.
Aldershot Gas

Postby Aldershot Gas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm

[quote="86/87 Glory Year"]Good if we could get a Bristol Rovers player as well.

£100,000
25% Sell On
Bristol
Last edited by Aldershot Gas on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aldershot Gas

Postby Aldershot Gas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:

£100,000
25% Sell On
Bristol Rovers Player

You welcome to any of our players - we’re crap and now even weaker without billy bodin - Mensah will be back at rec next season, playing you guys in div2 :-(

But I, obviously wish him all the luck in world !!!hopefully he will turn our season around and take some of limelight away from the 82ers....
Redandblueshirt

Postby Redandblueshirt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm

As we have entered the new year spending money now on permanent signings would simply not be prudent. I would think that one or two loan players would be a better move for the manager and board. If we are lucky enough to gain promotion then we will have some money to put towards management and playing squad salaries/signings.
richnjulie

Postby richnjulie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:

£100,000
25% Sell On
Bristol Rovers Player

You welcome to any of our players - we’re crap and now even weaker without billy bodin - Mensah will be back at rec next season, playing you guys in div2 :-(

But I, obviously wish him all the luck in world !!!hopefully he will turn our season around and take some of limelight away from the 82ers....

He is decent & will score goals for you....Next season in league 2 :lol:
Surrey_Shot

Postby Surrey_Shot » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Aldershot Gas wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:

£100,000
25% Sell On
Bristol Rovers Player

Why are Bristol City referred to as the 82ers?
Disturbed Postie

Postby Disturbed Postie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Surrey_Shot wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:
Aldershot Gas wrote:

Why are Bristol City referred to as the 82ers?

That year they were in a financial mess hence the 82ers!
Ascot Shot

Postby Ascot Shot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

Good luck Bernard, my favourite Shots player. You will be missed as you go on to better things. My brother in-law and his family live in Bristol near the Memorial Ground. May well take in a game on future visits when the Shots are miles away up North ?

COYS.
Warnboro of the South

Postby Warnboro of the South » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:06 am

Added best wishes to Immense Mensah. Knowing you may read this thread, Bernard, thanks for all the great memories and in particular your goals at Bromley this and Tranmere last season. Pure class. You were the real deal come the end of last season and my Watford season ticket colleague has always been keen to hear the favourable reports of your progress.

Go as high as you can and score some goals. We'll see you in the Cup one day...a noisy welcome awaits but no quarter will be given by the Red'n'Blue Army in our continuing quest to see our great team and management win!
aldershot-jg

Postby aldershot-jg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 am

Looking through Twitter and you immediately know that Mensah is going to be missed by the squad, lot of love and banter being sent his way, he is an infectious character and it is hard not to like him.
Sawks15

Postby Sawks15 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

RichShot wrote:Good luck to Bernard.
As a fan I will always remember him fondly.

The Wadfather should get 25% of transfer fees the club profits from written into his new 5 year contract.

The most important person is the manager.
We need to cement GW at the shots.

I agree that the manager is the most important part! I don’t think he needs a bonus as a club like ours needs all the money we can get.

Waddock holds the key to our success as he attracts good players to play for us on little money! He is worth 11 players in my mind! If we keep Waddock then we shall always play entertaining football and attract a high quality of player!

Don’t let the wadfather go!
sugrues flying headbutt

Postby sugrues flying headbutt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:35 am

In Champ Manager I always used to whack a 10% or 25% sell on fee onto players when selling up the ladder. Hope this has been included in the deal - you can see the benefit Woeking might have from this arrangement with Harry Arter.
Dr Jim Royle

Postby Dr Jim Royle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

Sell on fees are great when it works out in your benefit BUT, when players are only on short remaining contracts it is not the easiest thing to negotiate. You're only in strong lead position when you've a player much in demand on a lengthy contract.
Cph.shots

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:Leaving message from Bernard :(

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTRdMkrW0AAjH9z.jpg

Something got stuck in my eye :cry:

same here. A bit choked but know it's best for all parties.
I don't get to The rec very often but love Bernards enthusiasm and smile.
Loved it when he came past the Crimea after a game last season.
Cph.shots

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Alex wrote:I’d like to see us use some of the Kanu and Mensah cash to sign a player now. Not all of it and I’m not saying be silly. Obviously a club our size needs all the money we can get but we HAVE to replace Mensah if we still want promotion, IMO

The club cpold also look at using any extra money to offer contract extensions to other players so that we hit the ground running again next season.

Return to “ShotsTalk”