Mensah

Cph.shots

Re: Mensah

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Paul Summers wrote:
Birdman wrote:Doubly official now :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/mensah-bristol-rovers/

I get the feeling after the Kanu , and now the Mensah "undisclosed fees" that we probably got next to sweet FA for both of them, especially when I read that the offer only came in this week for Mensah. Undisclosed fee and no mention of a sell-on clause. Oh well.

Yes, definitely easier to put a negative spin on it, it would be silly to contemplate that it could be a good deal for us.
I expect we'll have to pay BR compensation if Bernie moves on from them!
Cph.shots

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

stevieshot wrote:The best image of last season was Bernard, Kundai & Idris dancing around on the pitch with so much joy after scoring.
They bought a feelgood factor back, which has not been seen in a long time at the Rec.
Good luck Bernard, you will be always welcome back.

Yes, it was a joy to behold, we were very fortunate to have all 3 at the same time.
Cph.shots

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

stevieshot wrote:The best image of last season was Bernard, Kundai & Idris dancing around on the pitch with so much joy after scoring.
They bought a feelgood factor back, which has not been seen in a long time at the Rec.

Yes, it was a joy to behold, we were very fortunate to have all 3 at the same time.
Cph.shots

Postby Cph.shots » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Redandblueshirt wrote:As we have entered the new year spending money now on permanent signings would simply not be prudent. I would think that one or two loan players would be a better move for the manager and board. If we are lucky enough to gain promotion then we will have some money to put towards management and playing squad salaries/signings.

Prudency and common sense has no place on Shotsweb!
scorp

Postby scorp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Cph.shots wrote:

Yes, it was a joy to behold....

Was for some Tranmere fans, too. They wanted all three.
Lord Of The Dance

Postby Lord Of The Dance » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Sorry to see him go but if we have got the money for him now and he is out of contract in May it makes good business. With money our leader can replace him, I hope
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Whatever fee we received for him, just a reminder that 'The 500 Club' is still open for donations/contributions. It all helps towards GW's budget.
Latest page :- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46552&start=195
Charles Dickens

Postby Charles Dickens » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Hopefully the Shots will have got a decent fee.We can`t complain at losing a very good player as we are not in a financial position to refuse good offers.

I hope that Bernard does well at BR and contiues to progress upwards.We will miss his enthusiasm.
Bangkok Banger

Postby Bangkok Banger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 pm

The club cpold also look at using any extra money to offer contract extensions to other players so that we hit the ground running again next season.

Andrew, your spelling lacks again, but have you contributed to the GW fund, especially as my mate says that you own more than one property in the greater area of Copenhagen? mvh
lanternhall

Postby lanternhall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Vonpinkus wrote:Fee being undisclosed, will we see Lanternhall responding.
I mean that in the nicest way.

Mensah fantastic player. Certainly league one standard. Thank you.

My problem is quite simple. Supporters are being asked to contribute £500 for new players yet both Kanu and Mensah fees are undisclosed. Make of that what you will.
sgibbs

Postby sgibbs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm

lanternhall wrote:My problem is quite simple. Supporters are being asked to contribute £500 for new players yet both Kanu and Mensah fees are undisclosed. Make of that what you will.

Simples. Both buying clubs, Peterborough and Bristol Rovers, asked for the fee to be undisclosed. ATFC had no say in the matter.
ChrismasShot

Postby ChrismasShot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm

lanternhall wrote:
Vonpinkus wrote:Fee being undisclosed, will we see Lanternhall responding.
I mean that in the nicest way.

Mensah fantastic player. Certainly league one standard. Thank you.

My problem is quite simple. Supporters are being asked to contribute £500 for new players yet both Kanu and Mensah fees are undisclosed. Make of that what you will.

I understand why you feel like this, however this has been done to death and feels like having teeth pulled without any pain relief.

So, one more time (fingers crossed).....

The Kanu deal and obviously the Mensah deal are contractually obliged to NOT disclose the fee. This could be for many reasons, therefore no matter how many times you or anyone else asks, we will not know for sure. Unless you love your bullturd conspiracy theories, I would like to think it is at so other clubs wont hold any to ransom for potential players. Undisclosed fee's are not new Mr Lantern, they have been happening for many many years and will continue to do so.

Have you ever been in a position where you have broken a legally binding contract of any kind? Even a mobile phone contract? Putting it in laymen's terms for you, bad things happen when you break terms of a contract!

To resolve your issue, just approach Shahid one match day and politely ask!

And to Bernard, congratulations on your move, go there and show how good you are and how good our club is at developing exciting players like you, Idris and Benny!
Last edited by ChrismasShot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Is slightly annoying we never found out Kanu's fee was and now unlikely we'll know the Mensah transfer.

What would be the guess that these players went for?
80fc

Postby 80fc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 pm

I love to know how anybody arrives at a valuation for any given player. Is it talent or down to clever talking agents
Oliver11

Postby Oliver11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Agents are the leaches of the game - total blood sucks and would be better off without then.

The money these super agents are on is outrageous and could be spent lower down and grassroots level.

As normal the FA are useless in controlling this.

Return to “ShotsTalk”