Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post Reply
Statto
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Statto » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Andre McCollin - Kingstonian to Haringey Borough. Andre scored on his debut against Heybridge Swifts.

Darren Wheeler - Godalming Town to Bracknell Town.

Warnboro of the South
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 am
Location: The South
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Warnboro of the South » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Apologies if it has been mentioned previously but noticed Luca Wrightman played for Gosport Borough at the weekend. A new loan deal?

FloridaPhil
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by FloridaPhil » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 am

Warnboro of the South wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm
Apologies if it has been mentioned previously but noticed Luca Wrightman played for Gosport Borough at the weekend. A new loan deal?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47195

aldershot-jg
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:28 am

Youth player Gilberto Abril scored on his debut for Hampton and Richmond, didn’t know if that deal was loan or permanent.

Poole Shot
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Hamworthy
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Poole Shot » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 pm

I saw Weymouth v Slough Town on Tuesday evening and was most surprised to find Scott Davies playing for Slough Town. I obviously missed that transfer news. I was also surprised to see Perry Coles playing for Slough. I wasn’t aware he’d left Farnborough.

When I subsequently looked on the Slough Town website for news of the signing of Scott Davies it said “…He also scored the goal that got Aldershot Town promoted back to the Football League for the first time.”
Aside from “back to” and “for the first time” being inconsistent … I don’t recall Scott scoring the goal that got us promoted. He scored the last gasp cracker at Torquay that got us to the brink … but I think it was Scott Donnelly whose goal got us over the line.

Richard Petty
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Poole Shot wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 pm
I saw Weymouth v Slough Town on Tuesday evening and was most surprised to find Scott Davies playing for Slough Town. I obviously missed that transfer news. I was also surprised to see Perry Coles playing for Slough. I wasn’t aware he’d left Farnborough.

When I subsequently looked on the Slough Town website for news of the signing of Scott Davies it said “…He also scored the goal that got Aldershot Town promoted back to the Football League for the first time.”
Aside from “back to” and “for the first time” being inconsistent … I don’t recall Scott scoring the goal that got us promoted. He scored the last gasp cracker at Torquay that got us to the brink … but I think it was Scott Donnelly whose goal got us over the line.
The writer has obviously read the many disagreements on here over whether we are the same club as pre 1992 or a new club, he has decided to cover both option with "Back" and "First time" to try and please everyone :lol:

Poole Shot
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Hamworthy
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Poole Shot » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 pm
Poole Shot wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 pm
I saw Weymouth v Slough Town on Tuesday evening and was most surprised to find Scott Davies playing for Slough Town. I obviously missed that transfer news. I was also surprised to see Perry Coles playing for Slough. I wasn’t aware he’d left Farnborough.

When I subsequently looked on the Slough Town website for news of the signing of Scott Davies it said “…He also scored the goal that got Aldershot Town promoted back to the Football League for the first time.”
Aside from “back to” and “for the first time” being inconsistent … I don’t recall Scott scoring the goal that got us promoted. He scored the last gasp cracker at Torquay that got us to the brink … but I think it was Scott Donnelly whose goal got us over the line.
The writer has obviously read the many disagreements on here over whether we are the same club as pre 1992 or a new club, he has decided to cover both option with "Back" and "First time" to try and please everyone :lol:
Yes ... that was my thought as well.

Statto
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Statto » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Mark Molesely has signed an extension to his contract as Weymouth manager.

Fuggletim
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Location: Whitehill
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Fuggletim » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm
Apologies if it has been mentioned previously but noticed Luca Wrightman played for Gosport Borough at the weekend. A new loan deal?
Got a couple of work colleagues who are ST holders at Gosport (yep it surprised me they had any as well!) and they asked me if Luca Wrightman was any good? Pointing out that he had gone to Gosport Borough, he is probably going to be their best player at the moment!! :lol:

Giles
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Farncombe
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Giles » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

Omar Beckles named in the league one team of the year, good man!

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by lowerbourneshot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Giles wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Omar Beckles named in the league one team of the year, good man!
Lets see next year if he really is Championship class :wink:

Trust in Gary
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Trust in Gary » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Giles wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Omar Beckles named in the league one team of the year, good man!
Danny Hylton is in Division 2 team of the season

Statto
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Statto » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Aiden O'Brien's goal for Millwall against Northampton Town on Good Friday last year is one of the final five nominees for the “EFL Goal of the Year 2017”.

Giles
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Farncombe
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Giles » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Well done Danny too!!

Old Bob
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Ex-Player News (March 28th onwards)

Post by Old Bob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Poole Shot wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 pm
I saw Weymouth v Slough Town on Tuesday evening and was most surprised to find Scott Davies playing for Slough Town. I obviously missed that transfer news. I was also surprised to see Perry Coles playing for Slough. I wasn’t aware he’d left Farnborough.

When I subsequently looked on the Slough Town website for news of the signing of Scott Davies it said “…He also scored the goal that got Aldershot Town promoted back to the Football League for the first time.”
Aside from “back to” and “for the first time” being inconsistent … I don’t recall Scott scoring the goal that got us promoted. He scored the last gasp cracker at Torquay that got us to the brink … but I think it was Scott Donnelly whose goal got us over the line.
Sorry, they are not inconsistent. Suppose I have spent my whole life in a town, Aldershot say, never going outside the town at all. Then I make a trip to Guildford before returning home. I would be going back to Aldershot for the first time in my life.


Post Reply