supershots wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 pm
Norwich Nick wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm
shots1965 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:15 pm
Who was the minutes silence for??

Sorry I missed it
Hillsborough (29th anniversary tomorrow, apparently)
And that has what to do with Tranmere? :shock:
Pretty obvious really!

Jason
Re: Match Day Thread vs TRANMERE

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

collieboy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm
to be successful in this league you have to have a recognised striker
Do you?

Macclesfield's top scorer only has 1 goal more than our top scorer and I'm sure they aren't complaining.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Changing the subject, how can the Non-League paper reporter only give yesterday's referee 5/10, ignoring the disappointing result, I thought the referee was excellent. Credit where it's due - 8/10 from me.
Have to agree the ref was good yesterday.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:08 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm
Changing the subject, how can the Non-League paper reporter only give yesterday's referee 5/10, ignoring the disappointing result, I thought the referee was excellent. Credit where it's due - 8/10 from me.
He couldn’t have been village, we lost!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Disturbed Postie wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:08 pm
lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm
He couldn’t have been village, we lost!
The referee for Gateshead (H) on Tuesday is Adam Penwell.

He’s taken charge of just 6 National League fixtures this season and a handful of Premier League U21s/U23s games.

Adam was the referee at Woking yesterday for their home match against Bromley.

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

And young Adam is 31 years old, his favourite colour pants is green, he likes wearing red socks and his favourite snack is a cheese sandwich!

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Why does the budget always have to be used as an excuse for not competing at the league summit, ref' Macclesfield, prob' one of the smallest squads and budgets, the game is also littered with clubs through history who have achieved beyond there means, burton, Bourmouth Accrington to name a few.
your yardstick should always be your previous season, now considering the very poor standard of this league, and bearing in mind we had the same squad as last season, -a recognised striker, we should of kicked on, but unfortunately we didn't, so we now find ourselves needing to win the next 3 games for 3rd spot.
now the squad GW has assembled is a very good one, but lacking a striker, plus a system the oppo' no how to play against, with a Manager who refuses to change it, also the constant team changes GW makes, hasn't helped, so are we better than last season, I would say no

Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 pm

collieboy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm
Why does the budget always have to be used as an excuse for not competing at the league summit, ref' Macclesfield, prob' one of the smallest squads and budgets, the game is also littered with clubs through history who have achieved beyond there means, burton, Bourmouth Accrington to name a few.
your yardstick should always be your previous season, now considering the very poor standard of this league, and bearing in mind we had the same squad as last season, -a recognised striker, we should of kicked on, but unfortunately we didn't, so we now find ourselves needing to win the next 3 games for 3rd spot.
now the squad GW has assembled is a very good one, but lacking a striker, plus a system the oppo' no how to play against, with a Manager who refuses to change it, also the constant team changes GW makes, hasn't helped, so are we better than last season, I would say no
And some pace and flair

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 pm

collieboy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm
Bournemouth had the 4th highest budget the year they won The Championship.

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm

I am always intrigued by discussions regarding team budgets. To the best of my knowledge, no team has published their team budget, wage structure, nor any other relevant financial information. Many have said that Macclesfield have one of the smallest budgets. A little research on the Companies House website will suggest that they may have a bit more money available than many suspect, and that the club is being bankrolled much the same as many others (if not to the same extent as some).

Still, its not the size that matters, it’s how you use it :D

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 am

Well now the dust and emotion has settled post Tranmere I would just like to add my thoughts. Yes we lacked a cutting edge up front but some of the football was the best we have played for a while and we were (until the first goal) definitely containing a team that are known to score goals. The football was far better and nothing like the dross served up during the Barry Smith era, that is for sure! Everyone has a go at team selection, no Rens but has any one considered the possibility that he may have been ill?
Finally, it was a pleasure to meet some of the Tranmere fans prematch who were genuinely welcoming and others said how unlucky we were to lose post match just a shame as commented earlier that a few of our socially inept fans are so immature that they can't control their language and even use it against one or two in our team -perhaps they could return to the sewer they crawled out of and stay there!

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm

We had one of the best players ive seen in recent years at any level, last year so comparisons is difficult..

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm
I am always intrigued by discussions regarding team budgets. To the best of my knowledge, no team has published their team budget, wage structure, nor any other relevant financial information. Many have said that Macclesfield have one of the smallest budgets. A little research on the Companies House website will suggest that they may have a bit more money available than many suspect, and that the club is being bankrolled much the same as many others (if not to the same extent as some).

Still, its not the size that matters, it’s how you use it :D
Yes but price of living up north is about a tenth of what it is down ere' ...

MickeyP

Post by MickeyP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 pm

£2.09 for a pint was a highlight for me

A Shot from Wales

Post by A Shot from Wales » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 am

[/quote]

Yes but price of living up north is about a tenth of what it is down ere' ...
[/quote]

In April 2018 the average cost of buying a house in Macclesfield was £311,000 and in Aldershot £326,000...

Council Tax for a Band D property in Rushmoor, 2018/19 will be £1622 and in Macclesfield £1656...