Match Day Thread vs TRANMERE

Mick Earls Fan Club
Re: Match Day Thread vs TRANMERE

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Kellers off form at the wrong time and he is key to our promotion chances. Maybe he's still not fully fit?
But we lack a spark currently.
As I said on another thread it looks as if midfielder James Rowe has been phased out but I would give him one more go on Tuesday.
He has a number of assists this season and we need creators as well as takers of chances.
Our best creative player seems to be Kinsella at present.
BJT only effective as a substitute, whilst Fenelon (barring the Borehamwood game) is another off his game/not fit.

I can't see where the goals needed are going to come from - time for a hero to step up

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:19 am

My original post ref' last 10 games and poor goal ratio, is unfortunately not just down to lack of a clinical striker, but also the way GW has his teams setup, playing one up front doesn't work,
We must play both Kabamba and Rens'/McClure in a 442, and go for the jugular in the next three games, otherwise our season could be shortened

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 am

Powder puff up front ,like the play off game bullied and beaten by a more clued up side . Captain Calamity at blame for the 2nd goal ,but tries to blame Ward for it . 1 head it clear oh you couldn't do that so clear it oh you fecked up on that. Hello Alex your mate couldn't lead feck all ,seriously made to look poor today.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:15 am

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 am
Powder puff up front ,like the play off game bullied and beaten by a more clued up side . Captain Calamity at blame for the 2nd goal ,but tries to blame Ward for it . 1 head it clear oh you couldn't do that so clear it oh you fecked up on that. Hello Alex your mate couldn't lead feck all ,seriously made to look poor today.
Was the mistake bad enough for GW take action and bring Fowler back for Tuesday?

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:54 am

collieboy wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:39 pm
Doesn't really matter if your underdogs or overdogs (new word), if you cant score, don't go to the party, 9 goals and 3 wins in our last 10 games is testament 2 that, we really have gone into free fall since Macclesfield
You are right and I have questioned the team selection on a few occasions. Where was Rendell yesterday and Gallagher should have started to give us some steel in midfield. I'm worried we are going going to miss the boat!

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:13 am

collieboy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:19 am
My original post ref' last 10 games and poor goal ratio, is unfortunately not just down to lack of a clinical striker, but also the way GW has his teams setup, playing one up front doesn't work,
We must play both Kabamba and Rens'/McClure in a 442, and go for the jugular in the next three games, otherwise our season could be shortened
Agree

Still think Kabamba is very useful and can be a threat if used in the right way. Up top with a partner.

On Tuesday I’d have Kabamba in a 2 man attack alongside preferably Rendell but if he’s not available then McClure.
Nicke should not be the hold-up guy/target man with his back to the opposition goal. He should be facing their goal racing through one on one from flick ons etc.

Sorry GW and JR, it really is time to stop being stubborn, ditch the usual formation/set-up with these 3 little nothing attacking midfielders and go 2 up top :!:

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 am

Alex, I have been saying this 4 weeks, but get slaughtered 4 doing so, some fans simply cant or don't believe GW has any faults, he's a good Manager, but there are better, team selections and team setup, have 2b questioned, Gateshead put 2 past Trammere we didn't, so Alex will we score 4!!!!, but we all no the answer 2 that

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am

GW and JR is still the partnership to take us forward, IMO

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Alex wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am
GW and JR is still the partnership to take us forward, IMO
Only a few scallywags think otherwise Alex.
Just trying to unsettle us.

TIGAJ

collieboy

Post by collieboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Please don't miss quote my post, have only stated facts that are relevant, a Manager has to be flexible, especially where team selections are concerned, BUT GW is adamant he wont change, for me to be successful in this league you have to have a recognised striker, and a Manager who has a plan b, last but not least, win your home games, on those 3 points he seems to come up short.
GW is a brilliant Manger for getting the best out of young players, and trying to play the game the right way, but this style is better suited for the football league, you have to mix it up in this division, so we now find ourselves with a massive 3 must win games for 3rd spot,, can we take the pressure!!, who knows but this where the Manager earns his corn, but so far we have cracked under pressure, believe we'l finish in 5th

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Changing the subject, how can the Non-League paper reporter only give yesterday's referee 5/10, ignoring the disappointing result, I thought the referee was excellent. Credit where it's due - 8/10 from me.

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:02 pm

One of my learned friends, who likes to be known as the Ash Pikey, wishes it to be known that he has travelled some 1,750 miles to attend our last 4 away matches only to see us score a single goal, our sole contribution to the debacle at AFC Fylde. Having missed that game, he has seen one more Shots goal than me!

Please, please, please can we see one or two Shots goals starting Tuesday night, otherwise AP might start 'travelling' again...and not necessarily to more away games!

steveclivebaker

Post by steveclivebaker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Some people on here really need to get a wiggle on. We have been top 5 now for 2 seasons.
We have a fraction of the budget of Lincoln,Forest Green and Tranmere. Since GW tookover
we have been successful and I'm sure will improve year on year if supporters are patient.

Boundary Mike

Post by Boundary Mike » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:Changing the subject, how can the Non-League paper reporter only give yesterday's referee 5/10, ignoring the disappointing result, I thought the referee was excellent. Credit where it's due - 8/10 from me.
Absolutely agree, thought he was excellent and hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon. For all the ‘disappointing’ officials we may have had recently Mr Martin was superb (and he looked a bit like Waddock’s older brother too!)

On a separate topic, the language myself and my 15 year old son had to endure throughout the game from fellow Shots fans was vile - some seem to have serious anger management issues as well, kicking a plastic seat to bits when we conceded the second. Is there any need for it to be used constantly throughout the game? Taylor and Reynolds in particular came in for some sickening jibes. Pathetic and shameful.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Warnboro of the South wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Changing the subject, how can the Non-League paper reporter only give yesterday's referee 5/10, ignoring the disappointing result, I thought the referee was excellent. Credit where it's due - 8/10 from me.
Trash paper, stopped buying it a long time ago.