SOS Save Our Sarge - Petition For Sergeant Jason Holford

Ancient Shot
SOS Save Our Sarge - Petition For Sergeant Jason Holford

Post by Ancient Shot » Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Petiton should be online here now

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s-o ... -our-sarge

Those on twitter and facebook please spread the word
Last edited by Ancient Shot on Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ancient Shot
Re: SOS Save Our Sarge - Petition For Sergeant Jason Holford

Post by Ancient Shot » Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 am

Just checked the link - it works!

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 05, 2018 12:34 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 12:03 am
Just checked the link - it works!
Great. Will sign ... now. Hope the local paper picks up on it; or it will be told to.

Aldershot News and Mail Series newsdesk: aldershoteditorial@trinitymirror.com 01483 508 700 I've emailed the newsdesk with the petition link, but more emails should be sent... so they get the message. All other relevant media have been informed.
Last edited by scorp on Sat May 05, 2018 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Warnboro of the South

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sat May 05, 2018 12:37 am

Just signed.

WozzaSHOT

Post by WozzaSHOT » Sat May 05, 2018 8:32 am

Think he was a bit stupid with his comment but I’ve met him dozens of times and he’s the only officer I’ve met that engages with the fans to diffuse things.

I know I’ve made a few errors in my time and don’t like the media circus so I’m off to sign...

New recruit

Post by New recruit » Sat May 05, 2018 10:24 am

Assistant Chief Constable says ....I do not want to undermine the public's confidence ......eerrrm hang on he is doing a bloody good job of doing just that

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am

Just signed.

Spread the word and send this link out to as many people as you can think of.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 05, 2018 10:51 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am
Just signed.

Spread the word and send this link out to as many people as you can think of.
It's gone to the media. btw I've just said this to the A company's comment, which has just been removed. "Ah, so you're suggesting his comment was made when he was in 'pally' mode? If so, here''s hoping he winked when he said it..."

20-3-92

Post by 20-3-92 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am

Really? Disappointing that people are trying to defend a racist comment - "you're black and stand out like a sore thumb". In response to a question about why a kid had been stopped. Not like there's history of 'stop and search' being focussed on black people, is there?

At best he is unbelievably stupid and ignorant to say something like that, especially in his position. At worst, he's simply racist. That's not an unfortunate 'error'. Doesn't matter if he smiles to you outside the ground. He knows what he's saying.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Sat May 05, 2018 11:57 am

Easy to take it out of context and get high and mighty and "offended"

Location was Redan Rd, at the top of which were 3 Ebbsfleet supporters' coaches and Shots fans were asked to wait until they had left. The individual in question was denying he was a Shots "fan". The rest I will leave you to work out for yourself

20-3-92

Post by 20-3-92 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 pm

So why not just say "don't be daft, I've seen you at loads of games"? Even in that context, his answer was not relevant to the question

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 pm

It’s odd that he chose to say “you stand out like a sore thumb”. If you’re black and from Aldershot then that is not particularly unusual, it’s one of the most diverse communities in the south of England. Have you walked around Aldershot lately? A very odd choice of words.

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Ancient, phone Tom Cantoni at eagle radio 01483 912731 before 2 today.

ritchie

Post by ritchie » Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Love this so called black person to be named .....and also who it was who filmed it to see how much was actually filmed and why, then we can put this puzzle together because if it was ..."i know you because you have a wooden leg and you stand out there would be total silence... and a chinese man would stand out as would an indian so whats the problem highlighting why he stands out ffs !!

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Sat May 05, 2018 3:12 pm

20-3-92 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am
Really? Disappointing that people are trying to defend a racist comment - "you're black and stand out like a sore thumb". In response to a question about why a kid had been stopped. Not like there's history of 'stop and search' being focussed on black people, is there?

At best he is unbelievably stupid and ignorant to say something like that, especially in his position. At worst, he's simply racist. That's not an unfortunate 'error'. Doesn't matter if he smiles to you outside the ground. He knows what he's saying.
What's wrong with decent people defending the character of someone they know? Your comment is typical of today. You've accused him of making a racist comment without knowing the full facts, it could be that this individual was gobbling off to the copper, but we don't know that do we.

Describing someone is black when he is, is not racist. I had to renew my passport recently & I had to state that I was white British...Is that racist?