Potential new signings thread

shotshammo
Re: Potential new signings thread

Post by shotshammo » Thu May 10, 2018 8:00 am

Something that puzzles me.
Quote by ACA.
"Only seven goals for Crewe last term and hardly prolific in his earlier career... I imagine his wages probably aren't cheap either!"
This is a recurring theme.
How can some one's wages, not be cheap, if no one wants them.
Is football not a supply and demand profession like every thing else.
I get the agents line, They can't afford him that's why there getting rid, but who trust's an agent.
Footballers and anyone who has to deal with football apparently.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 am

Did someone delete a player from Maidstone or Maidenhead was due to sign, thought the person said it came from someone he knew at work?

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 am

steveshot wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 am
Did someone delete a player from Maidstone or Maidenhead was due to sign, thought the person said it came from someone he knew at work?
Steve, it's in the "Six Released" thread"...

Post by Redshot66 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 pm

"There is a Maidenhead Utd fan I know from work says Harry Pritchard is signing for the Shots,midfielder top scorer this season. Unquote"

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 am

:) Nice 1 Scorp

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 am

Harry Pritchard scores goals so being able to sign him looks like a no brainer.

ACA

Post by ACA » Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am

shotshammo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:00 am
Quote by ACA.
"Only seven goals for Crewe last term and hardly prolific in his earlier career... I imagine his wages probably aren't cheap either!"
I get the agents line, They can't afford him that's why there getting rid, but who trust's an agent.
I imagine the reason Crewe are getting rid of him is because they've had an average season and he's scored next to no goals. If he joined us I imagine he would be amongst our higher wage earners (hence my observation above) - we certainly wouldn't have to offer him the same as (or more than) he was on at Crewe, but I imagine we'd have to come close to persuade him to drop down a league. All a moot point really, because I fail to see what 32 year-old Chris Dagnall would bring to the side that 31 year-old Scott Rendell wouldn't. I'd much rather try and re-sign the latter for another season.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks "AKA" for your explanation.
I do feel when teams aren't doing well and they drop certain players, there is something amiss, regardless of what league they come from.
This is an area where a Manager earns his money. He to a certain respect, has to gamble, if he has a tight budget and forced to have a small squad, compared to other clubs in the same league.
As someone has already pointed out, Rendell was I guess, supposed to play less games than intended, but surprised everyone with, one his stamina, two his versatility and three his leadership. A gamble in some peoples eyes, that really did pay off.
Character is everything when the chips are down and he has that in bucket loads.

scorp

Post by scorp » Thu May 10, 2018 10:01 am

shotshammo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am
Thanks "AKA" for your explanation.
I do feel when teams aren't doing well and they drop certain players, there is something amiss, regardless of what league they come from.
This is an area where a Manager earns his money. He to a certain respect, has to gamble, if he has a tight budget and forced to have a small squad, compared to other clubs in the same league.
As someone has already pointed out, Rendell was I guess, supposed to play less games than intended, but surprised everyone with, one his stamina, two his versatility and three his leadership. A gamble in some peoples eyes, that really did pay off.
Character is everything when the chips are down and he has that in bucket loads.
Hope he stays, for those reasons and the goals. Despite the men's bog rumour, does eastleigh have the dosh to pay him more than he'd get at ATFC?

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am

ACA wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am
shotshammo wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:00 am
Quote by ACA.
I imagine the reason Crewe are getting rid of him is because they've had an average season and he's scored next to no goals. If he joined us I imagine he would be amongst our higher wage earners (hence my observation above) - we certainly wouldn't have to offer him the same as (or more than) he was on at Crewe, but I imagine we'd have to come close to persuade him to drop down a league. All a moot point really, because I fail to see what 32 year-old Chris Dagnall would bring to the side that 31 year-old Scott Rendell wouldn't. I'd much rather try and re-sign the latter for another season.
Managed 17 goals the season before last, I'd imagine that he'd score a similar total to that at this level. Most of the teams he has played for are mostly Northern teams so I think location as well as a lower wage would deter him from moving to us.

I think we will be aiming to sign much younger players.

camberley shot

Post by camberley shot » Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 am

doubtful that players would be willing to relocate to sign for us personally. Other than Jim Kellerman id imagine most of last seasons players come from around 1-2 hours drive away

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 am

camberley shot wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 am
doubtful that players would be willing to relocate to sign for us personally. Other than Jim Kellerman id imagine most of last seasons players come from around 1-2 hours drive away
agree, expect our signings to be currently based nearby. this rumour of Harry Pritchard could very well be true as it ticks plenty of boxes. talented player, Good Age (25, no comp pay out), based nearby, affordable wages.

FloridaPhil

Post by FloridaPhil » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 pm
Can I please be the first to mention Ricardo Funga?? :?:
Who?

steveclivebaker

Post by steveclivebaker » Thu May 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Will De Havilland released by Wycombe.

Giles

Post by Giles » Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 pm

I hear Gary Med is on our radar.

GazzaBretta

Post by GazzaBretta » Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm

GODDARD FROM Stevenage just been released. A goal scoring mid. Scored for fun in the Conference.