Potential new signings thread

ians
Re: Potential new signings thread

Post by ians » Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Howabout Will De Havilland who has been released by Wycombe?

somelikeithot

Post by somelikeithot » Sat May 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Kingfield Shot wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 pm
Last season when we played Barrow and drew 2-2 Will Evans was man of the match. Upstairs whilst being interviewed by Mark Butler, Mr Evans stated that the players had learnt from the mistakes. So this season we are second and are at home to Macclesfield who are top. A home win for us and we go top, and the rest will have to chase us. After about 90 seconds and the ball is played forward and Evans lets the ball bounce, I MEAN REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So in trying to make amends Evans fouls the forward gives away a pen and gets a red card. This left a mountain to climb as we go 1 down, but only ten on the field of play. His remaining teammates put in a powerful performance, which almost got a positive result. Unfortunately the effort affected the next game on the Tuesday and a game which should have returned 3 points only returned 1 as the players where out on their feet and knackered. We then play Barrow at home and three points puts us third and a quarantees us a semi final home tie. We have to score first as Barrow also needs points to stay up. However poor old Will has not read the script again, and needlessly fouls his opponent from behind, and from the free kick Barrow score and now we are chasing the game. Luckily Rens saves the day, but Evans wants more. In a tight game against Ebbsfleet, we finally get the lead with a stunning goal from Kabamba, and all we have to do is manage the game for ten minutes, should be easy yes??????? so we lump the ball up to their keeper at least fives times and we look very comfortable!! Then a long ball forward is heading towards Evans and a chasing forward. All he has to do is put a toe on it for a corner or throw in. Well, this now unacceptable as Evans lets the ball bounce again and the forward gets to the ball and sends in a cross for Winfield to equalise. Have I just seen that? Sorry, but Will you are not the player you were last season. Then we have Captain Reynolds who was also awesome last season, but has had a few mistakes this year, but none worse than the giving away of a penalty and only a crap referee, who was surrounded by the opposition, saved Reynolds from a red card. Therefore Mr Waddock please get rid of Evans who has cost us this year, along with his mate Captain Collusus who both have mistakes in them, more than Joe Hart. Then you can go and get Parry from Dover and play him along side Fowler. Then get Fejiri from Dagenham, then get Kabamba, who was signed to get us promoted and was then hardly played and yet he proved his worth against Ebbsfleet. Then go to Reading and get Ward on a season long loan, then for a cheeky chat with his Irish compatriot young Brendan Rodgers and get Benyu, then other potential new signings could be Carter from Woking, but he will cost money, or maybe Ricky Miller, then go for Parry from Dover and that free agent Blissett. Also if we have the dosh, maybe we can get Bonne from Leyton Orient, as he could only have been given a one year contract, and he definitely knows where the onion bag is!!!!! Finally Do not go and get Kanu, as he did not want to be with us anymore and the grass is not greener in Peterborough.
Could be considered a harsh summary, but I do agree that Will Evans has made crucial mistakes that cost us. None more so than getting that red card early on v Macclesfield in front of a very big expectant crowd. Completely ruined the season for me and a lot of other supporters i suspect.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat May 12, 2018 5:51 pm

ians wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 pm
Howabout Will De Havilland who has been released by Wycombe?
I liked him but not needed

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sat May 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Blaming Will Evans for ruining our season is bonkers.The fact that his red card was harsh also has little to do with our playoff loss.

dalinz

Post by dalinz » Sun May 13, 2018 12:17 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:06 pm
Blaming Will Evans for ruining our season is bonkers.The fact that his red card was harsh also has little to do with our playoff loss.
His poor defending cost us the playoff too. See Kingfield Shot's post above.

His red card and his cock up against Ebbsfleet were 2 separate games which cost dear. Good grief.

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Sun May 13, 2018 12:51 am

Too many dropped points at home.. Whether that would've been enough to push maccs i don't know but shuda won at least 4-5 of those drawn games when we absolutely outplayed teams... Whos the magic striker we need...

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun May 13, 2018 1:58 am

Charles Dickens wrote:
This

Some people are crazy!

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun May 13, 2018 7:55 am

Pot calling the kettle black, Alex

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 am

I reckon Will Evans has gone, so yes we will need capable centre backs.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun May 13, 2018 8:41 am

Reg's corner wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:51 am
Too many dropped points at home.. Whether that would've been enough to push maccs i don't know but shuda won at least 4-5 of those drawn games when we absolutely outplayed teams... Whos the magic striker we need...
Well yes, oh what might have been if only?

But I wonder how many supporters of other teams are saying exactly the same thing?

As for the magic strikers, we are all seeking this Sunday, for the missing link to take us to the promissed land.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am

Jon Goddard has been released by Stevenage. Lives locally too.

Josh

Post by Josh » Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 am

Hopefully, whoever we get at the back will be a leader, someone like Ray Warburton, who was brilliant at leading the line. At Solihull, when we were playing badly in the first half, it was noticeable how quiet we were.

Reynolds is ok but Evans isn't good enough for a title winning team. When he came back from injury at the end of September our defence got worse. Eventually, he improved but some of his decision making has been costly. People don't like him but I can't imagine McNulty letting the ball bounce like Evans has done. That's probably why he has won 5 promotions.

As for his passing......

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun May 13, 2018 9:49 am

Josh wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 am
Hopefully, whoever we get at the back will be a leader, someone like Ray Warburton, who was brilliant at leading the line. At Solihull, when we were playing badly in the first half, it was noticeable how quiet we were.

Reynolds is ok but Evans isn't good enough for a title winning team. When he came back from injury at the end of September our defence got worse. Eventually, he improved but some of his decision making has been costly. People don't like him but I can't imagine McNulty letting the ball bounce like Evans has done. That's probably why he has won 5 promotions.

As for his passing......
Tranny fans are over the moon about McNulty, especially after y'day. the ones i spoke to in a pub y'day don't think he'll be in the div 2 team, though.

80fc

Post by 80fc » Sun May 13, 2018 9:59 am

Alex wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:58 am
Charles Dickens wrote:
This

Some people are crazy!
Of course us not going up has got nothing to do with the fact that at times we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun May 13, 2018 11:21 am

Really, now Will Evans getting targeted as scapegoat?
IMHO decent centre back, yes the odd error here and there but what player has not made mistakes?
Long, long summer 😞