Now This Seasons Friendlies

Giles
Re: Now This Seasons Friendlies

Post by Giles » Mon May 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Very rare I attend friendlies but would def go to Leatherhead, appeals more than QPR, Brentford, Wycombe & any of those we normally get :wink:

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Mon May 14, 2018 4:43 pm

I say this every year, with shahid's connections, I would love to see a game with Guildford City.
Probably never going to happen as the Spectrum pitch is usually booked for Athletics during our pre-season.
It's a pity the 2 clubs can't form some sort of reciprocal link, to benefit both clubs.
The same sort of link as we wish we had with Chelsea/ Ipswich.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Mon May 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Be very careful what you wish for.
As a supporter of a club who has one of these tie ins (Manchester City) it is both wonderful to be able to watch quality young talent the likes I would never normally expect to watch, and frustrating in that every season it feels like a total rebuild as they are moved up the chain. On top of that, City do sometimes leave it very late in their summer alloactions of their U23's.
Our coach also left this summer and hinted on tv the other day that this was one of the reasons. We are lucky that City's on site coaches don't interfere, but I gather some (certainly Chelsea) have in the past.
Think about the difference Benyu made when he came and the hole he left when he went....then multiply by 5!

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am

Play us at the rec again (Reading)

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Play us at the rec again (Reading)
Good idea ......... I know just the man to arrange ........... CALLING GRAHAM BROOKLAND :lol: