Woking announcement

aldershot-jg
Re: Woking announcement

Post by aldershot-jg » Wed May 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Wonder if Dowson applied under his own accord or whether he was persuaded to apply by people from Woking, the man was a penalty shootout away from taking H&R a league above Woking so the fact that he was even in contention for the Woking job before such a big game for H&R must leave a sour taste for his former employers. I would question whether he was fully focused on getting H&R promoted.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Kingfield Shot

Post by Kingfield Shot » Thu May 17, 2018 12:46 am

South Stand Blue wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 am
Tyler will be with him at Woking as well. He is a Woking fan as well
Only for midweek games and he is also a potty mouth in the dugout. One who likes to ask 'Do you know who I am? I have refereed Alan Dowson as a player and a manager. His funniest moment was at the Surrey Senior Cup when he managed Walton and Hersham and were playing AFC Wimbledon. At full time with the score 1-1 and extra time about to begin. He runs to me and gives me a verbal volley including ' You haven't give us anything all night'. So my reply was 'Well if I hadn't give you that penalty for the equaliser, (when Gell fouled) then we would be shaking hands by now'.

shotshammo

Post by shotshammo » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 am

Interesting story Kingfield, you do have to question the intelligence of managers, when they don't realise the ref holds all the cards. :lol: