Cheye’s Message

aldershot-jg
Cheye’s Message

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 pm

To All at the Shots..

After 3+ years with Aldershot Town, my time has come to an emotional end!

Unfortunately, I would of loved to have stayed, contrary to the reports that I wanted away! To clarify, There was a chat between the Gaffer & I, (for who I have the upmost respect for & built a very strong relationship with) on a number of issues, personal & professional! We came to a mutual & respectful decision to end my stay!

I would’ve loved to be involved with the club getting into the league & really thought we would do it this season, but on the two occasions with me here, fell short again, With last weeks defeat most disappointing. That hurt.

It’s been a great experience being able to play for this great club. From the first day till this, the support from you the fans has been amazing. The memories are something I’ll cherish.

When I first came here, I knew straight away that I’d have to grow up quickly in the men’s game and adapt! It was difficult at first, but I worked hard and managed to hold my own @ now proud to be the longest serving player! I’d like to think that the fans see I gave 100 percent & my performances being consistent!

I’ll thank people later, but I have to Thank Chris Barker (at this point) for giving me my debut.

I’ve played with some great players in my time here, who have helped me develop & become a better player. Some of which have become good friends.
My teammates last/this season have been a great bunch. The training/the changing room banter was incredible, culminating with a closeness unrivalled. I’ll miss it & them.

I have to say again, that the fans have been incredible!
The Away support for us was on another level. On most away games, you would’ve thought we were the Home side with the amount of noise created! Just unreal & Thanks.
The Home support was also fantastic and for me playing towards the East Bank was fantastic.
In fact, the whole place was special. Who wouldn’t want to play on that pitch & in front of you passionate fans. Brilliant Thanks.

Got to say a special Thank You to the following;
Gaffer & James Rowe. Simply the best!!
Mark Butler. When a club legend grabs you and says how good you are and how good you can be. Just wow!
Steve (Kit-man) .. A legend& a great man
Russ and all The back room staff. Thank you

There are some fans that have grown close to not only me, but also my Family too. You all know who you are and I’m grateful to have met you and build great relationships...

Sorry to go on a bit, but this club is truly in my heart and I will always look out for Shots results and hope to come back from time to time.
As I go onto my next journey and I don’t know where I’m going!
I’ll just say,
I’m going to miss you All.
All the very best to you.

Cheye

Alex
Re: Cheye’s Message

Post by Alex » Fri May 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Already said it elsewhere but again won’t hurt!

Cheye, thank you for your 100% commitment and magnificent effort and good luck for the future :)

Churtshot

Post by Churtshot » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm

wow! Not sure what's going on here (jumped or pushed) but been an ever present (closest to) over 3 years. Been a great servant of the club and deserves respect. Best of luck Cheyenne, we'll miss you.

Churtshot

Post by Churtshot » Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Sorry, bloody auto correct, Cheye, not Cheyenne

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Churtshot wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 pm
Sorry, bloody auto correct, Cheye, not Cheyenne
You can edit posts.

Good luck Cheye and sorry it’s ending under this cloud, you gave everything and we loved watching you play.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Churtshot wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm
wow! Not sure what's going on here (jumped or pushed) but been an ever present (closest to) over 3 years. Been a great servant of the club and deserves respect. Best of luck Cheyenne, we'll miss you.
To me it sounds like Cheye wanted assurance on some things that either GW couldn’t or didn’t want to guarantee, wouldn’t say jumped or was pushed.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Best wishes for the future Cheye

Shotford

Post by Shotford » Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Quality player and one I’ll miss. I always felt he gave his all and his effort could not be faulted. Yes he made mistakes - but don’t we all. I think he’ll be hard to replace but good luck to him

Shots till i die

Post by Shots till i die » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 pm

It will be interesting to hear what the Gaffer has to say about their chat on a number of issues, personal & professional. Did he jump or was he pushed?
I'm still none the wiser.

All the best Cheye.

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Fri May 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Cov City good on yer

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Well done cheye, you have developed into a class performer, well done.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat May 12, 2018 6:04 am

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:04 pm
Cov City good on yer
Is that who he is going too ?

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 am

The reason for Cheye`s departure is pretty clear. He mentions personal reasons,no further explanation is necessary. Also, the time always comes in any ones career when one become restless and feels the need to change employment environment, that`s life.

Cheye appears to have left on good terms with the manager and the Club which is nice to hear.

Good luck Cheye, I am sure that you are capable to move on upwards in your football career.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sat May 12, 2018 10:02 am

Shots till i die wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 pm
It will be interesting to hear what the Gaffer has to say about their chat on a number of issues, personal & professional. Did he jump or was he pushed?
I'm still none the wiser.

All the best Cheye.
I sincerely hope that we don't get to hear from GW. This was a private meeting between (for all intents and purposes) a manager and employee about the employee's future. The fact that Che chose to air his view on the issue is down to him. If GW says anything then it'll just end up in a 'he said/he said' situation which in turn will lead to people on here dissecting or interpreting things that in all likelihood are really just 'black and white'.
I wish Che well and hope he has a good career (although some awful performances against us should we ever meet in matches).

steveclivebaker

Post by steveclivebaker » Sat May 12, 2018 10:06 am

This is all down to if Orient have to pay a fee.
They released their right back yesterday. Caprice ex woking.