STPO2017 - The results show

Nobby
STPO2017 - The results show

Post by Nobby » Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Wow! What a terrific performance by all of our contestants.

And now, in no particular order, the winner is ......

TomMac&Ernie

I would invite him to make an acceptance speech but if he's who I think then he is then he'd only bore us all to tears with odd tales about his cat! :lol:

https://www.waffl.co.uk/stpo2017/

Dr Jim Royle
Re: STPO2017 - The results show

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 pm

TINPOT
A summer of Devon in Heaven now .............. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:oops:

RuislipShot

Post by RuislipShot » Tue May 15, 2018 9:23 pm

The only way is up.......or 1 place down

scunnyshot

Post by scunnyshot » Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 pm

RuislipShot wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:23 pm
The only way is up.......or 1 place down
No the only way is up, now I know why I never bet on football

RuislipShot

Post by RuislipShot » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

:lol:

Melbourne Red

Post by Melbourne Red » Wed May 16, 2018 8:00 am

Thanks for running this again Nobby. Great fun as always, found myself taking an interest in clubs I usually have no particular feelings about, disappointed that two late Bolton goals cost me a place higher in the top 10.

James Frazer

Post by James Frazer » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 am

Well I'm livid that Brighton put in such a spineless last day performance and then add insult to injury by giving Hughton a new contract. :x

TomMac&Ernie

Post by TomMac&Ernie » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Winning, as Damon Hill once said,is everything. The only ones who remember you when you come second are your wife and your cat.
With that in mind I would like on behalf of everyone at Old Timer Towers (particularly Scottish Wife and George the cat) to say how delighted we are to have won this prestigious award.
To Nobby: Thanks for all your hard work (and for remembering George of course). Although the glory of winning is reward enough, being a generous fellow I will donate a winners prize if you decide to run it again next year.
To The Good Doctor: I see where you finished and I share your pain. It must be awful for you.
To Shrewsbury Town (Alex Rodman, Omar Beckles,Josh Paye et al). What the heck do you think you were playing at? You were supposed to finish last.
To everyone who turned up at Orient thank you. You were truly awesome and made me even prouder than ever to support the Shots.
To everybody: Keep the faith (along with Garry and James of course) and enjoy the summer. OLD TIMER. xx
PS: To the dwindling band on Shotsweb old enough to remember:
Scottish Wife is now on week 576 of her Mary Berry Improve you basic skills cookery course and apparently things are going very well indeed.
George the Cat recently celebrated his 60th birthday but is currently still in hiding after the play offs.
Jonah: Well I hadn't seen him for ages and then blow me out of the blue he turns up at my front door asking if he can watch the last five minutes of extra time on BT Sports.....
What the heck. With SW and George perhaps finishing second isn't that bad after all.

Onlooker

Post by Onlooker » Wed May 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Well done TomMac&Ernie, the boy done good.

I for one certainly miss those fantastic "Old Timer" posts so if you ever get a hankering to pick up the old quill again....

poppy seed

Post by poppy seed » Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Now why didn’t my best friend Penelope Pitstop take my advice. If she had used my Conference ‘pick’ she would have been top top top of the league rather than simply on top of the ‘old doc’.

Life can be so complicated when Vodka is involved. Off to Antibes in a few weeks. No surprises there. Have a great summer boys. Xx