Local Rag.

Portly Stilton Shot
Re: Local Rag.

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm
Woking have got a £10million redevelopment coming soon too.
Would you really want your Town to resemble Woking? Nasty soul-less concrete mess. Aldershot may be scruffy, but has a history to be proud of!

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am

Ancient Shot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:50 am
slaphead wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 am
Chesterfield also owned their old stadium which was located on prime building land and they got a good deal on it. Coupled with the fact they got their land for the new ground for peanuts from the administrator of a glass factory that went pop, they were always going to be quids in. Our situation bears no resemblance to theirs, political will or not.
Well said Slappers

I remember going to the old ground in which was their last season there and the supporters were not happy that they had sold to a supermarket (Asda?) and didn't want a new soulless stadium because there was tradition at their old place.

Sound familiar?
The new stadium has great acoustics due to the curved roof lines on each stand.
Despite it being new, it offers great atmosphere and I’m sure the Shots could do the same.
Tradition is great but old stadiums aren’t enough to support a professional football club.
Sorry but that’s why the Shots have gone bust once and been in administration just 3 years ago.
If you want a professional Football League Club again, you need 7 day a week income from a new stadium development.

BillB

Post by BillB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:55 am

The way things are financially, right across the country in local government, I wouldn't expect anything for some considerable time....

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am
Headley Shot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm
Woking have got a £10million redevelopment coming soon too.
Would you really want your Town to resemble Woking? Nasty soul-less concrete mess. Aldershot may be scruffy, but has a history to be proud of!
I’m sure the Shots board would love £10million to redevelop the EBB.
Then they could build a sustainable football club, back in the Football League, where Woking’s depressed population could visit every fortnight. 😊

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:43 pm

If our new director has anything to do with it, our new stadium will be near Rushmoor arena with a stock car track around the outside of it. A straight replacement for Wimbledon stadium that they have lost. In future, your programme will be replaced by a pair of binoculars or a big screen to watch the game. Oh dear oh dear, what are we doing with the beautiful game?

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:43 pm
If our new director has anything to do with it, our new stadium will be near Rushmoor arena with a stock car track around the outside of it. A straight replacement for Wimbledon stadium that they have lost. In future, your programme will be replaced by a pair of binoculars or a big screen to watch the game. Oh dear oh dear, what are we doing with the beautiful game?
I don’t want a track around the pitch either but you could have a stock car track on the same site ?
That way, facilities could be shared like floodlighting, toilets, parking, hospitality/catering etc.
The layout could be OO in shape for example.

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm

I personally would love to see us playing with a banger figure of eight meeting on at the same time. Now that would be entertaining.

Lazio

Post by Lazio » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:08 pm

[/quote]

Yes, having lived in Woking I can't fault it.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Lazio wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Yes, having lived in Woking I can't fault it.
[/quote]

Easily pleased :D

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm

slaphead wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 am
Chesterfield also owned their old stadium which was located on prime building land and they got a good deal on it. Coupled with the fact they got their land for the new ground for peanuts from the administrator of a glass factory that went pop, they were always going to be quids in. Our situation bears no resemblance to theirs, political will or not.
I could see that one coming, but many glazed over it!