Longest Surname

Post Reply
Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Longest Surname

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:36 am

Is the 16 lettered Berkeley-Agyepong the longest last name player AFC or ATFC have had?

CH
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Longest Surname

Post by CH » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 am

Surname very possibly,

Full name, Emmanuel Oyedele Oluwaseun Opeoluwa Akan Oyeleke will take some beating

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 am

CH wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 am
Surname very possibly,

Full name, Emmanuel Oyedele Oluwaseun Opeoluwa Akan Oyeleke will take some beating
Thats a good'un but for the rules of this game only counts as 7 letters for OYELEKE

chimpster99
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Longest Surname

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am

JBA is hyphenated which is a bit of a cheat. Contenders for a non hyphenated surname:

Emanuel Franciszek "Manny" Andruszewski (12 letters)
Viktor Frantsevich Yanushevsky (11 letters)

Mick Earls Fan Club
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:54 am
Location: Elvetham Heath , Fleet
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:24 pm

chimpster99 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am
JBA is hyphenated which is a bit of a cheat. Contenders for a non hyphenated surname:

Emanuel Franciszek "Manny" Andruszewski (12 letters)
Viktor Frantsevich Yanushevsky (11 letters)
Good shouts.

Lot more double-barreled players around these days extending the surnames.

80fc
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm
Re: Longest Surname

Post by 80fc » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:06 pm

I digress from the heading but I had the great honour of being a friend of David Bass, midfielder who we had on loan from Reading. When he was at Reading there was a player Dariusz Wdowczyk and they used to call him Scrabble

Portly Stilton Shot
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am

Always loved Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - played for Celtic - what a name that was.

BTW 80fc - loved that one, Scrabble really made me laugh.

RuislipShot
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Re: Longest Surname

Post by RuislipShot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am

What about the shortest Surname ?
Orr at West Ham springs to mind

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 pm

RuislipShot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am
What about the shortest Surname ?
Orr at West Ham springs to mind
Demba Ba

CH
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Longest Surname

Post by CH » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Jason Short surely? Although it is longer than Shane Long....

GuyB
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:54 pm
Re: Longest Surname

Post by GuyB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:07 pm

80fc wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:06 pm
I digress from the heading but I had the great honour of being a friend of David Bass, midfielder who we had on loan from Reading. When he was at Reading there was a player Dariusz Wdowczyk and they used to call him Scrabble
Nice one :lol:

Portly Stilton Shot
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Thought we fielded the player with the shortest surname a few weeks ago....

Triallist C

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Longest Surname

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Thought we fielded the player with the shortest surname a few weeks ago....

Triallist C
Top Cat.
Trialist B was buzzing.


Post Reply