Seating arrangements

James Frazer
Re: Seating arrangements

Post by James Frazer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm

I see you can now order terrace tickets. Can you choose who you stand next to ? :lol:

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 pm

:lol:

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm

James Frazer wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm
I see you can now order terrace tickets. Can you choose who you stand next to ? :lol:
Volunteers are busy painting numbered squares on the terraces in preparation.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Pip@B wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm
James Frazer wrote:
And to make it more interesting, they won't be in sequence. :D

Pip@B

Post by Pip@B » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Birdman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 pm
Pip@B wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm
James Frazer wrote:
And to make it more interesting, they won't be in sequence. :D
Can ST holders reserve a square?

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 am

I hope this changes or gone are the days of meeting your mates in the usual spot. Seems so unnecessary in a ground that is usually about 25% full... For ‘normal’ games, surely tickets can be sold online without allocating seat numbers??

Fuggletim

Post by Fuggletim » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 am
I hope this changes or gone are the days of meeting your mates in the usual spot. Seems so unnecessary in a ground that is usually about 25% full... For ‘normal’ games, surely tickets can be sold online without allocating seat numbers??
I totally agree with this. We did have numbered seating allocations a few years ago, but everyone seemed to ignore it, so they may well do that again. Not everyone who meets up at a game are ST holders and there does need to be some kind of freedom of choice.

RC-Moderator
Site Admin

Post by RC-Moderator » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 am

We did a survey on this to a wide range of fans.....

I don't have the full results - but for the responses I saw: only 7% of respondents had a preference for unallocated seating. The vast majority wanted a system of allocated seating as implemented by the club (and as a natural implication of an online system)

RichShot

Post by RichShot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 pm

The silent majority RC.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Second referendum needed.

RichShot

Post by RichShot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm

The seat retainers promised 3 free seats for the NHS, no migration to other stands, Aldershot seats for Aldershot fans, a glorious return to the past of songs about paramilitary groups and cash only at the turnstiles for easy money laundering and siphoning off the profits.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Under 11's tickets now available online :- https://www.theshots.co.uk/under11-tickets-online/

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:36 pm

The Club can't muck around with this, people need to know that seating is allocated.
And then put into place systems that allow all people to be able to access the seat of their choice.
I don't have a problem with booking my seat online, but feel there wasn't enough publicity about it.
I feel sorry for the older fans who loyally attend for years, but now can't sit with friends, because their not internet savvy.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:50 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Up £1 in 4 years

Scandalous!
Didn't we have £17 terrace and £19 seating in our last season on the FL? I remember posting a comment (there I go again, Mr Mouse) on our return to The Conference that I was surprised that we didn't put the tickets down to £15/£17 respectively. If I'm correct then that's six years (hope I've got me dates right).
You should be on Mastermind with a memory like that Birdy. :D

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 pm

stevieshot wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:36 pm
The Club can't muck around with this, people need to know that seating is allocated.
That's been repeated over and over again to be fair stevieshot

And then put into place systems that allow all people to be able to access the seat of their choice.
The system is in place, the only time you cant reserve the seat you want is if its already been sold.

I don't have a problem with booking my seat online, but feel there wasn't enough publicity about it.
It was on the website, twitter, facebook and on here.

I feel sorry for the older fans who loyally attend for years, but now can't sit with friends, because their not internet savvy.
But in your second line you have said that you should be able to access the seat of your choice so that means allocated seating. I think you would also be surprised how many older people use the internet these days.
Not sure what more they could do to be honest. Its been on the club website, twitter, facebook and I have been on shotsweb boring everyone to tears with confirming just about every tiny detail and answering peoples questions.

The club is also responding really proactively to any teething problems that anyone is having. An example of that is the Under 11's, it was thought that that would be easier kept off the online sales process but a couple of people had issues on the day and as far as the club is concerned that is a couple too many so they have acted quickly rethought that and got that now working online as well. Likewise there were a lot of people disappointed that it was only the seating available online so in response to that the club has brought forward the planned rollout of online sales for terracing and you can now buy tickets for terracing for the Dagenham game online.

People are quick to moan when the club don't listen to fans well on this one they have not just listened but acted straight away. This is something that has been done for the fans because that's what they have been asking for not just in the recent trust survey but also at fans forums for years.