Online Programmes

Ancient Shot
Online Programmes

Post by Ancient Shot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Barnet are going online only

"Barnet Football Club's Matchday Programmes for the 2018/19 National League season will now be available exclusively online.

Our Matchday Programmes will now be completely FREE and will go online on the day of the game"

See it there: https://www.barnetfc.com/contentassets/ ... -final.pdf

Wokingham Shot
Re: Online Programmes

Post by Wokingham Shot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Modern day Steve.
It will happen more and more. Clubs can make significantly more money on line and the advertisers have known circulation data.

Still, you expect that madman Incenzo to be staging a protest outside Barnet anytime soon.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm

I think having an online option is good but you should still have a printed copy available for those that want it.

Guildford Flames went online a few years back and its now a very small and rather uninteresting online publication. Its also a pain when I occasionally rent a box and take guests because I like my guests to find a scarf and a programme on their seat when they arrive. The scarf isn't a problem but I have to set to and print off about a dozen or so copies at home as double sided booklets and staple them which I know isn't a major hardship but its a bit of nuisance all the same.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm
Barnet are going online only

"Barnet Football Club's Matchday Programmes for the 2018/19 National League season will now be available exclusively online.

Our Matchday Programmes will now be completely FREE and will go online on the day of the game"

See it there: https://www.barnetfc.com/contentassets/ ... -final.pdf
A sad day. It won’t be the same sitting down with the grandkids reminiscing over a PDF.

chukki eribenne

Post by chukki eribenne » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 pm

I have a cupboard full of programmes and often pore over them and remember the games. Looking thru PDF's on my sodding laptop is tantamount to treason in the programme world! I will now no longer go to Barnet

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 am

I like a programme, it's a shame it's going that way. But will all clubs supply theirs free?

It would surely make more sense, in this format, for the teams to appear on page 2, rather than right at the end.

How about one of the IT boffins to come up with a "Delete all adverts" facility?

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:11 am

Everything done in the digital media world is carefully done for a specific reason. I know virtually nothing about this, but had it explained to me by someone showing what it all means for my businesses.

The key information is normally at the end, to ensure you scroll through.
And the is 0.0000% that there will be a facility to delete the adverts. The revenues from on line advertising blow those from paper based material out of the water.

385 people have looked at this thread as I write. I suspect the vast majority would have clicked on the linked. Every single person that did that just contributed more cash to Barnet FC. By going first, Barnet will have guaranteed themselves a cash windfall from this as I suspect this is being repeated the length and breadth of the country.

And just think, if you could improve the fortunes of your football club by clicking on something that is actually of interest to you and not having to spend any cash...well I suspect digital programme circulation will out strip paper based sales by several factors.

This is modern world. The days of some old geezer taking your £2 for something you may or may not read, and in all likelihood, at best, was a break even revenue stream for a club, are coming to an end.

Oh, and if you also want to help revenues, make sure you opt in for the spam e-mails when you apply for your digital tickets and leave your e-mail address. Again mind-blowing.

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:47 pm

I recall way back when Mike Wray ran the Stray Shots website (on Footymad) and I think I'm right in saying every click on there got money

Much like The Tool now, the ads were a complete pain but hey ho - it made some beans

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Ancient Shot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:47 pm
I recall way back when Mike Wray ran the Stray Shots website (on Footymad) and I think I'm right in saying every click on there got money

Much like The Tool now, the ads were a complete pain but hey ho - it made some beans
I don't suppose that we'll be told how much the club gets for the ads but it would be interesting to know. Re those ads, have any of you intentionally (not in error caused by the page jumping) clicked on any of them?

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Nope

Never read any ads on t'internet

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:

I don't suppose that we'll be told how much the club gets for the ads but it would be interesting to know. Re those ads, have any of you intentionally (not in error caused by the page jumping) clicked on any of them?
Is page jumping the excuse you have given your missus when she caught you looking at the Mature Dating site :lol:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm
Birdman wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm
Ancient Shot wrote:

Is page jumping the excuse you have given your missus when she caught you looking at the Mature Dating site :lol:
What concerned me more about that site, Richard, was seeing you on there. :shock: Anyway, 'thongs' for the memory. :D

Portly Stilton Shot

Post by Portly Stilton Shot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am

Wokingham, thanks for explanation - however my comment regarding a "Delete all adverts" facility was tongue in cheek.

PAUL BLUNDELL

Post by PAUL BLUNDELL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:30 pm

If our programme goes on tinternet only, i will never read another future Aldershot programme again..

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm

PAUL BLUNDELL wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:30 pm
If our programme goes on tinternet only, i will never read another future Aldershot programme again..
Me neither Paul.
I love the old school feel about everything to do with football.
The more modern it gets the less attractive it becomes to me.
I know we have to generally move with the times but some things like a holdable match day programme should never be messed with.